thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

does anyone in america not watch the NFL?

probably most guys favorite sport, i watch it but its not my favorite.

a lot of internationals could care less about it, but i have never seen an american who liked sports say they dont watch it.

darkhat
    darkhat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

Best sport in the world. Other countries are less evolved. That's why only about two countries in the world could compete with us in a war.

Br0nxer
    July 2012 Poster of the Month
    Br0nxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

nfl is king

gambling big reason

only sport i watch even if i don't have money on the game

would rather watch a browns-rams game over a world series game or an nba finals game
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: acl123

billysink
    billysink's Avatar Become A Pro!

Almost never watch it anymore.

Spend a lot of time handicapping it and bet it more than any sport outside of college hoops.

I try sometimes but some shit for brains is always rambling on and fukkin on. Gives me fukkin headache.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

Quote Originally Posted by billysink View Post
    Almost never watch it anymore.

Spend a lot of time handicapping it and bet it more than any sport outside of college hoops.

I try sometimes but some shit for brains is always rambling on and fukkin on. Gives me fukkin headache.
    tivo/dvr it and watch a game in 1/2 hr instead of 3 hours worth of bs

most sports are unwatchable unless you are emotionally invested or have a huge bet on them

billysink

probably a good idea.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Women who are not in relationships.

Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

Most overrated sport for entertainment. Maybe 4 games a week worth watching. The rest is garbage like Jax vs. Tenn, Cards vs Rams. 3 commercials in between 2 plays timed 8 seconds is routine. Hear the dumbfuk fantasy squares every where you go, TT is exhibit A of the dime a dozen fat fuk American fantasy square

College Saturday is so much better than Sunday it's just a farce to compare

billysink

Quote Originally Posted by Sunde91 View Post
    Most overrated sport for entertainment. Maybe 4 games a week worth watching. The rest is garbage like Jax vs. Tenn, Cards vs Rams. 3 commercials in between 2 plays timed 8 seconds is routine. Hear the dumbfuk fantasy squares every where you go, TT is exhibit A of the dime a dozen fat fuk American fantasy square

I would certainly agree with that assessment. College ball still watchable. Not some full of himself fukk blowing himself in the booth for a lot of games

Emily_Haines
    Emily_Haines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15313

I don't watch it.

That shit league is as crooked as they come.

Emily_Haines
    Emily_Haines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15313

This rigged motherfuker was the last NFL game I ever bet. Way too many end this way with the game decided on some last second bullshit. Watch for three hours with 90 minutes of commercials only to get fuked on the last play by the shitty referees.

darkhat

Quote Originally Posted by Br0nxer View Post
    nfl is king

gambling big reason

only sport i watch even if i don't have money on the game

would rather watch a browns-rams game over a world series game or an nba finals game

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    Women who are not in relationships.
    Challenge

Desperate broads are HUGE football fans....or at least they claim to be because they are desperate for guys attention.

IMO a girl who doesn't watch any sports on tv is way more attractive than a sports fan. Same reason I don't like broads who play golf. Gotta get away every now and then.

Br0nxer
    July 2012 Poster of the Month
    Br0nxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    Challenge

Desperate broads are HUGE football fans....or at least they claim to be because they are desperate for guys attention.

IMO a girl who doesn't watch any sports on tv is way more attractive than a sports fan. Same reason I don't like broads who play golf. Gotta get away every now and then.

sharp post drinker

you might be onto something there

never looked at it like that

darkhat

Most girls that claim they are into football don't know sht about it. The fat ones sometimes study the game though since they can never get hollowed out.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1830

What about all the Mexicans?

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

people that dont bet on it dont watch it, it is that simple. If guys dont have action they really dont care. A few 'fans' might be interested for the first few games until their team gets eliminated but thats about it. If the NFL were as big as people make it out to be Los Angeles wouldnt have been without a team for the past 20 years.

I would say golf has more people that watch it (that dont gamble) than the NFL does.

darkhat

Quote Originally Posted by wantitall4moi View Post
    people that dont bet on it dont watch it, it is that simple. If guys dont have action they really dont care. A few 'fans' might be interested for the first few games until their team gets eliminated but thats about it. If the NFL were as big as people make it out to be Los Angeles wouldnt have been without a team for the past 20 years.

I would say golf has more people that watch it (that dont gamble) than the NFL does.

Almost everyone I know watches it religiously every sunday and 90 percent of them don't gamble often.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by wantitall4moi View Post

Are you fukkin high?

Theres a reason why super bowls are always the most watched shows of the year

And have you ever heard of fantasy football?

fyi to all...FAR more people watch football because of fantasy than because of betting...and please don't call fantasy football gambling

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

Betting and Fantasy Football makes the NFL very popular.

darkhat

Betting and Fantasy Football makes the NFL very popular.

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Number 1 reason NFL is king, and it has everything to with the fantasy/gambling world. Games, on one day a week with obvious exceptions here and there - and MNF. Build up all week, to an amazing day of relaxation, and sports. Every week for the whole season. It is absolutely the best damn thing sports offers, is the NFL.

MLB/NBA = not as easy to keep up with all the games.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1920

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    Challenge

At the Bronco Training Camp, I saw a fat girl cry because she didn't get Manning's autograph. There was a shit load of people there. I think you might be right.

ColdBeerHere
    Tailing Wilson
    ColdBeerHere's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8151

Quote Originally Posted by Sunde91 View Post

this...the fukin commercials make it almost unwatchable for me...I love watching it but hate the commercials, and you know there will be ones that they play like 20 times over and over again over the course of the day....

Love american football but enjoy watching many other sports over it...Hockey #1 for me...then after that playoff baseball, nba, and any soccer in no particular order...

I actually think that soccer could eventually overtake the NFL in the future in the US as crazy as it sounds,,,,.\might take 50/100 years who knows but i could see it happening

xelemental
    xelemental's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Emily_Haines View Post
    This rigged motherfuker was the last NFL game I ever bet. Way too many end this way with the game decided on some last second bullshit. Watch for three hours with 90 minutes of commercials only to get fuked on the last play by the shitty referees.

whats so rigged about this? just curious

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    Number 1 reason NFL is king, and it has everything to with the fantasy/gambling world. Games, on one day a week with obvious exceptions here and there - and MNF. Build up all week, to an amazing day of relaxation, and sports. Every week for the whole season. It is absolutely the best damn thing sports offers, is the NFL.

MLB/NBA = not as easy to keep up with all the games.
    i've always wondered....whats the average play for a monday night game vs a normal sunday game....most locals i know of settle on tuesday so there's gotta be what...5:1 more action on MNF than any other game at least

anyone know?

samgurt
    samgurt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

definitely my least favorite of the 4 major sports in USA but I still watch since it is only 1 day a week (basically). Would watch a Wild hockey game any day over an NFL game. Football takes the least amount of skill to be a good player, which is why so many people play it. I never had the size to play football so I never really got into it

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

use to enjoy college foots way more than nfl, but appreciate the pro game much more now

Dancemanmarc2
    Dancemanmarc2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 151

Anyone who has played on any level (high school) for me, thinks the game has changed so much that it's getting to the point where it is unwatchable. No over the middle hits on receivers...No head shots or below the knees on the QB....If there wasn't a gambling element I wouldn't watch....Just my two cents....on footballin'

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito
    frogsrangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5421

I dont watch it unless I have a play on it

College football is the superior game

NFL is a joke. It's become too thuggish and hip hop culture-ish. Most players have no morals or diginity anymore. And NFL fans are the dumbest fans of any professional sport. It's a league for the uneducated masses, its easy to follow since its once a week.

Nothing angers me more than seeing stupid NFL films highlights, as if it were some kind of epic battle for the future of all eternity.

NFL takes itself too seriously for its own good

I havent watched the Super Bowl since 2003. I was 14 years old at that time and realized what a scam the Super Bowl was. Too much hype for one game, its more about the week and events leading up to the game and pregame/halftime show and commercials than the actual game.

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito

Quote Originally Posted by Dancemanmarc2 View Post
    Anyone who has played on any level (high school) for me, thinks the game has changed so much that it's getting to the point where it is unwatchable. No over the middle hits on receivers...No head shots or below the knees on the QB....If there wasn't a gambling element I wouldn't watch....Just my two cents....on footballin'
    Not so much that for me more than its becoming too much like the NBA. Too many thugs and hip hop culture types running the show now. It's becoming more about individuals rather than a team. Just like the NBA.

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito

Also can't stand all the TV timeouts. Typical NFL game goes like this:

Coin Toss, Commercial. Opening Kickoff, Commercial. 3 and out, punt, commerical. Touchdown, extra point, commercial. Kickoff, kick return, commercial. Coaches timeout, commericial. Play under review, commercial. Two plays, interception, change of posession, commercial. End of quarter, commercial.

Nearly unwatchable

greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

Quote Originally Posted by xelemental View Post
    whats so rigged about this? just curious
    Was wondering the exact same thing, that was an obvious facemask, kick was good.

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito

College football has been rigged before though

Off the top of my head:

Florida/Arkansas 2009
    Texas/Nebraska 2009
    West Virginia/Pittsburgh 2007
    Boise State/TCU 2011
    Iowa/Florida Outback Bowl 2005

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1920

I noticed what makes football unique is that there are no professional womens football league. There's womens basketball, baseball, soccer and hockey. Not to sound sexist but it seems like football was designed for men.

12 Last