goldengoat
    goldengoat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

McNabb = early season MVP

I feel asleep so i didn't hear if they talked about McNabb being a MVP candidate in the early season on MNF but in my eyes he is #1 right now

he is carrying that offense

i know westbrook does more than his share too but McNabb is way more valuable than westbrook

probably gonna be down to him and Manning

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

LOL - it might be, but I have to agree with Irvin in the pre-game naming "Steve Smith" (hahaha - Irvin is VERY right, though, he understands the value of elite playmakers).
    Carolina, my pre-season pick (that was before everyone on espn picked them..grrrrr), is 2-0 with him and almost unbeatable now.

If Caro beats the Bears, then I KNOW Stevey-boy is the MVP.

However, if I had to pick a REAL MVP right now, it's Steve McNair, hands down - no arguments.
    4-0 with that team says a LOT.
    That's not even CLOSE to the best D they've fielded in the last 5-6 years by 3-4 players.

turtlenthehouse
    turtlenthehouse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Michael Vick would be my choice. His rushing total is in the top 10. Surprising for a QB.

begolf25
    begolf25's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by turtlenthehouse
    Michael Vick would be my choice. His rushing total is in the top 10. Surprising for a QB.
    I don't think just because he is in the top 10 in rushing makes this guy MVP. He is a below average passer. Every once in awhile he will have a great game then tell the media to get off his back. Then go back and have a 10 for 22, 150 yard day. Atlanta could still be 3-1 without Vick.

As far as McNair goes he definately belongs in the conversation. The Ravens are probably 2-2 at best with Boller still running the show. He has had some slow starts this year but with the game on the line has made some huge throws.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like McNabb, and he is playing well, but the Eagles have beaten the Texans, 49ers, and Packers - three of the worst defensive teams in the NFL (the Giants are pretty bad too). A little early for this kind of talk really, but let's see if he can step up against the Cowboys and other premier teams.
    I still say it's LT until someone really steps it up.

John Galt1
    John Galt1's Avatar Become A Pro!

not sold on mcnabb yet, I want to see him against dallas D

psycho44
    psycho44's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

T.O. for MVP. Can't remember the last time a Wide Receiver was MVP but T.O nevertheless.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by John Galt
    not sold on mcnabb yet, I want to see him against dallas D
    I don't think the Dallas D would really be a good judge either. I just don't think he has the talent around him to make that serious push for this award. Mcnabb would just have to carry this team on his shoulders and generate like 80% of there offense, and I still wouldn't be convinced.

John Galt1
    John Galt1's Avatar Become A Pro!

winning w/o westbrook was a nice start, but I dont think theres a clear MVP candidate quite yet, Kurt Warner maybe

begolf25
    begolf25's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by John Galt
    Kurt Warner maybe
    LOL...he gets my vote.

As everyone has said it is early but it is very hard to argue what Clinton Portis has meant to the Redskins after having him back at full strength the last two weeks. Totally different team with him in the line up.

MPMEYER1982
    MPMEYER1982's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 408

Quote Originally Posted by goldengoat
    I feel asleep so i didn't hear if they talked about McNabb being a MVP candidate in the early season on MNF but in my eyes he is #1 right now

he is carrying that offense

i know westbrook does more than his share too but McNabb is way more valuable than westbrook

probably gonna be down to him and Manning
    Let's see, Texans, Giants, 49ers and Packers were the stout defenses he has gone against. Nope, not convinced at all.

Zikaris
    Zikaris's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Quote Originally Posted by MPMEYER1982
    Let's see, Texans, Giants, 49ers and Packers were the stout defenses he has gone against. Nope, not convinced at all.
    Yeah he needs to be tested against some real defense.