Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

WTF was Haynesworth thinking?

Tennessee defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth was ejected early in the third quarter Sunday after he kicked Dallas center Andre Gurode in the face.

The cheap shot was totally unwarrented and Haynesworth should be suspended for the entire season.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4315

He didnt kick him, he stepped on his head.

Gave Gurode 30+ stitches. I think this Haynesworth needs to be suspended, Im just not sure how long. He needs to spend sometime away from the game, that is just uncalled for.

twotall
    twotall's Avatar Become A Pro!

If his head would have been flat on the ground he could have really messed him up. 300+ on your dome, you could die!

anthon9283
    anthon9283's Avatar Become A Pro!

They will fine him big time and they should. I agree on suspending him for a few games, thats just uncalled for.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

that was totally uncalled for is right anthon. he should be suspended for that one for alot more than just a few games.

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

That was some cowardly cheap ass crap...
    Shocking, really. There's no room for thug shit like that.
    I hate the Cowboys - but damn man, kick um in the mouth on the scoreboard.
    I'd ban um for the year, but he'll likely only get a handfull of games, at most.
    Knowing Fisher - he might also tack on a team suspension on top (the max i think is 4 games), then cut his ass.

Sportsgirl
    Sportsgirl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

I found his post-game apology for what he had done very sincere. He was almost in tears when talking about his sons and them seeing or knowing that he would do such a thing. He was clearly ashamed of himself - like a man coming off a "high" and realizing what he had done. No excuse for his barbaric behavior, but they might wanna check him for roids.

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

WTF was Haynesworth thinking?

He wasn't.

Suspend him for at least four games. Fine him an @ss load of money.

Tchocky
    Tchocky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1086

Could it have been the effects of roid rage?

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

He was thinking: 'Wear your f*cking helmet!' Or something of that nature. He was actually trying to protect Gurode by making him aware of the importance of protecting his head. He was also sick and tired of all the helmets flying off because players don't attach them properly. In fact, Haynesworth was protecting not only Gurode, but the entire league. This was an act of charity.

Last edited by Dark Horse; 10-02-06 at 03:02 PM.

Sportsgirl
    Sportsgirl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

Quote Originally Posted by Tchocky
    Could it have been the effects of roid rage?

That's what I suggested - check 2 posts up ...

Jay Edgar
    Jay Edgar's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Horse
    He was also sick and tired of all the helmets flying off because players don't attach them properly.
    I assumed that ESPN and the "Jacked Up" jackassess are behind the loose helmet epidemic, along with anything else that makes for better TV.

Come to think of it, I wouldn't mind seeing one of them per week lined up for the Kevin Kaesviharn treatment -- or maybe even the full Haynesworth, in certain cases.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

What a great Kaesviham hit yesterday! I was ready to sign off on the NFL when the refs called unnecessary roughness for that. Sure enough, that call (with score 14-13) was the turning point of the game. What a week... No betting and hard hitting allowed.

psycho44
    psycho44's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion
    Tennessee defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth was ejected early in the third quarter Sunday after he kicked Dallas center Andre Gurode in the face.

The cheap shot was totally unwarrented and Haynesworth should be suspended for the entire season.
    didn't Haynesworth get ejected for arguing the unneccesary roughness call beyond an acceptable level and not for the actual stomping incident?

And how is Gurode? It's not easy to keep the helmet on when you're a big center having a 300 lb guy lined up in front of you having the advantage of rushing the quarterback before you can snap the ball to the quarterback and getting your hands and butt in blocking mode.

patswin
    patswin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10189

5 games is about right for what he did. he admitted what he did was stupid

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by patswin
    5 games is about right for what he did. he admitted what he did was stupid
    there now considering filing charges against him as well is what the latest i've heard.

psycho44
    psycho44's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

Fisher's got a reputation to maintain and I think he will file the charges personally as he threatened to take other courses of action if the league doesn't penalize Haynesworth to his just liking.

I think it takes great courage what he did at the end of the game, making a bee-line to Parcell instead of avoiding him like other coaches have done in other sports for criminalistic incidents. He didn't even defend Haynesworth action like I've seen other coaches try to justify their player's discourse.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Even though he should have been suspended longer I guess 5 games works for me.

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

He should've been suspended for the whole season. His apology after the game might have been very sincere (I didn't see it), but it probably came after Fisher ripped into him like he's never done before to a player in the locker room.

anthon9283

He will be losing pay for those games he is suspended for and I think they said it was around $500,000.

On a side note, they really should enforce all those DB and WR who only button up half of their chin strap.

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

Haynesworth shouldn've been done for the year...
    Fisher, however, is a class act of the 1st degree (as in, he's in the one percent of one percent). He's also a top 5 coach in the league with bottom 3 talent for 3 years running.

Jeff did it all correctly - and I believe that while the NFL went 5 games (just slightly over the prediction - to seem 'in control'), it wouldn't shock me that Fisher flat out cut him.

I know I would. NO ONE wants Thug shit like that on their team. Crap like that makes thugs like Koren Robinson "law abiding saints" by comparison - and if you follow the news, Koren Robinson is a long way from that (he has 12-15 items on his rap-sheet and he's barely mid-20's).

anthon9283

I saw a clip of Haynesworth kicking someone in practice when the person was getting up. I believe this was before this incident and I can't believe he would kick his own teammate.