Don Dollars
    Don Dollars's Avatar Become A Pro!

San Fran

Is anyone watching the Chiefs vs. 49ers game? What is up with the 49ers? They are playing that terrible. A Damon Huard-led team should never be pounding you like that.

anthon9283
    anthon9283's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yeah I don't know what is up with that. I thought for sure it would have been a more even game and even a 49er game with Huard as a starter. Defense couldn't stop the pass and the Offense was not clicking as it was the other games.

Don Dollars
    Don Dollars's Avatar Become A Pro!

41-0. What a JOKE!

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

I blew it on this game BIGTIME. I didn't expect anything out of the Chiefs today and they single-handedly destroyed 6 winning units! Mofos. I was really dumb, though. That really was a no-action game.

The 9rs couldn't stop turning it over and just played horribly almost every darn play.

goldengoat
    goldengoat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

they played like a bunch of girls today

i thought they may win with the points cause KC hasn't scored much but san fran just rolled over and played dead

humiliating loss

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9426

I teased the Chiefs down to a pick-em early in the week, and fortunately the Rams cashed on the back end. Didn't watch one second of the game. Once Chiefs went up 7-0, game was over. Mike Nolan is a terrible coach. How many games in his two years has his team let up 40-plus points?

anthon9283

I think Nolan is a great coach. You have to remember the 49ers are rebuilding and you cannot expect them to do much this year. Not to mention how much dead money they have had on the team in the past years. I am very suprised at the previous games with how the 49ers offense has been. Of course it didnt show in the chiefs game but I think they were 4th in offense. Last year they were 32nd in Offense and Defense. Can't expect the team to go from terrible to playoffs in just a few years.

scottyy11
    scottyy11's Avatar Become A Pro!

they really stunk , i think they may rebound next week vs the raiders at home..........but geez dont even feel like looking at them after that performance

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4627

Did the 49ers even show up today? Dont look like it.

goldengoat
    goldengoat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

Quote Originally Posted by anthon9283
    I think Nolan is a great coach. You have to remember the 49ers are rebuilding and you cannot expect them to do much this year. Not to mention how much dead money they have had on the team in the past years. I am very suprised at the previous games with how the 49ers offense has been. Of course it didnt show in the chiefs game but I think they were 4th in offense. Last year they were 32nd in Offense and Defense. Can't expect the team to go from terrible to playoffs in just a few years.
    how many years do they need to rebuild?

i don't buy that excuse for them or arizona

either win at least 8 games or somebody needs fired

they both have had more than enough time to "rebuild"

anthon9283

Quote Originally Posted by goldengoat
    how many years do they need to rebuild?

i don't buy that excuse for them or arizona

either win at least 8 games or somebody needs fired

they both have had more than enough time to "rebuild"
    Its only Nolan's 2nd year and we all know the 49ers have not had the best talent for quite some years. This year was mainly to upgrade the offense and trim non producing players, like Barlow. I would give him a few years before coming to some conclusion, it makes no sense to get a new coach every year.

McBa1n
    Update your status

Green Bay looked sharper against a MUCH better football team and GB is TOTALLY rebuilding
    Sorry, get over it
    Nolan is not an NFL coach.
    Consistancy makes NFL coaches, all he's done is consistanly blown.
    Can you argue that?
    no.
    The 9rs will be a disgrace for at least a decade
    I'm shocked Frank Gore has won the starting job... Me, along with most people that pundit the draft had him as a 3rd down back at best.
    his yards are all 3rd and 10+...
    christ, my grandma can rush for his avg EASY (with all due respect to my grandma).
    I was wrong pickng the 9rs vs KC, but it was for ALL the wrong reasons.
    the 49rs wont see the playoffs for 15-20 yrs, just like GB.
    We both need a QB.

anthon9283

Yeah sure, Gore is 6th in rushing all from 3rd down runs. He had more rushing yards last year than Barlow who was the starter last year. Only problem I see is that he has fumbled 4 times.

Yeah and GB might have looked better but 49ers still put up points against the Eagles and the Eagles had Westbrook. If Westbrook played against the Packers it would have been a blown out game before the 2nd half.

Im not saying the 49ers are great but they have shown a lot of improvement especially on offense..you can't argue that.

McBa1n
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by anthon9283
    Yeah sure, Gore is 6th in rushing all from 3rd down runs. He had more rushing yards last year than Barlow who was the starter last year. Only problem I see is that he has fumbled 4 times.

Yeah and GB might have looked better but 49ers still put up points against the Eagles and the Eagles had Westbrook. If Westbrook played against the Packers it would have been a blown out game before the 2nd half.

Im not saying the 49ers are great but they have shown a lot of improvement especially on offense..you can't argue that.
    Yeah - but you're arguing a reality that didn't happen.

Lets look at reality...
    Gore flat out stinks. Alex Smith, also, was not worthy of a #1 overall pick.
    K?

Ahman Green and Tiki Barber fumbled at Gore's pace (or less, and they weren't in their PRIME) and their teams made the playoffs... Why?
    They had GOOD TEAMS and their backs were ELITE and rushed for over 1200 yards (despite turnovers), and did that easily.

The 9rs, with all due respect, after their showing at Arrowhead, proved that they are over a decade away.

I'm not saying Barlow was the answer.. He was in the botton 10 for 'featured RBs' prior to this year.. HOWEVER - you need a guy like Barlow. Gore was drafted where he was BECAUSE HE STINKS. That's why so many teams passed over him again and again and AGAIN. For a Miami back, he's disgraceful and I'm shocked the 9rs went with him as the #1 guy this year...He's been horrible his whole career, by comparison to any 'serviceable' back. That was a really bad decision (unless Barlow was a cancer in that locker room, in which, I'd sign off on just flat-out cutting him... He's that slow/weak).

The 9rs O has shown flashes against D's that are BAILING OUT and nothing more. That's vintage Tampa-2 D they are playing against, if you watch the games. Their Wide Receivers stink, and that's not even arguable. If Antonio Bryant gets cut by the Browns (after being shipped out of Dallas), you can't like him all that much. His attitude is amongst the worst 5 amongst primadona receivers in the NFL, also. He's almost as bad as Freddie Mitchell - the yardstick for wide outs that Lawrence Phillips is for RBs.

I'd like to see the 9rs rise... I REALLY believed they were - but losing like they did last week proved me VERY wrong. You DON'T lose games like that when your team is improving. You CAN'T.
    That team lost heart in the 1st Q. That says to me that they need to REOVERHAUL to be competitive again.

I'm not trying to disrespect 9rs fans. I only talk about what I see.
    The 9rs, probably, (or SHOULD -lol) beat my Packers. But I will say, it'd be a heluva scrub battle.
    Both are a LONG way away from the playoffs.
    ..And while GB will only win 2-3 games (max) this year - I don't know who would win that game.
    That says a LOT about the 9rs coach.
    He's not the guy for that job.. He may be good, but he's not good enough for the NFL. (and neither is the Pack's guy)

anthon9283

Quote Originally Posted by McBa1n
    I'm not saying Barlow was the answer.. He was in the botton 10 for 'featured RBs' prior to this year.. HOWEVER - you need a guy like Barlow. Gore was drafted where he was BECAUSE HE STINKS. That's why so many teams passed over him again and again and AGAIN.
    Barlow has more yards dancing in the backfield than actual yards from scrimmage..the guy can't hit the hole for some reason. Why in the world would you want someone like that? As for Gore you really need to know that he blew both of his knees before finishing in college and THAT is why he didn't draft higher than a 3rd rounder. This is only his 2nd year in the NFL and is better than backfield Barlow.
    Last edited by anthon9283; 10-03-06 at 01:55 PM.

Zikaris
    Zikaris's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Quote Originally Posted by McBa1n
    Yeah - but you're arguing a reality that didn't happen.

Lets look at reality...
    Gore flat out stinks. Alex Smith, also, was not worthy of a #1 overall pick.
    K?

Ahman Green and Tiki Barber fumbled at Gore's pace (or less, and they weren't in their PRIME) and their teams made the playoffs... Why?
    They had GOOD TEAMS and their backs were ELITE and rushed for over 1200 yards (despite turnovers), and did that easily.

The 9rs, with all due respect, after their showing at Arrowhead, proved that they are over a decade away.

I'm not saying Barlow was the answer.. He was in the botton 10 for 'featured RBs' prior to this year.. HOWEVER - you need a guy like Barlow. Gore was drafted where he was BECAUSE HE STINKS. That's why so many teams passed over him again and again and AGAIN. For a Miami back, he's disgraceful and I'm shocked the 9rs went with him as the #1 guy this year...He's been horrible his whole career, by comparison to any 'serviceable' back. That was a really bad decision (unless Barlow was a cancer in that locker room, in which, I'd sign off on just flat-out cutting him... He's that slow/weak).

The 9rs O has shown flashes against D's that are BAILING OUT and nothing more. That's vintage Tampa-2 D they are playing against, if you watch the games. Their Wide Receivers stink, and that's not even arguable. If Antonio Bryant gets cut by the Browns (after being shipped out of Dallas), you can't like him all that much. His attitude is amongst the worst 5 amongst primadona receivers in the NFL, also. He's almost as bad as Freddie Mitchell - the yardstick for wide outs that Lawrence Phillips is for RBs.

I'd like to see the 9rs rise... I REALLY believed they were - but losing like they did last week proved me VERY wrong. You DON'T lose games like that when your team is improving. You CAN'T.
    That team lost heart in the 1st Q. That says to me that they need to REOVERHAUL to be competitive again.

I'm not trying to disrespect 9rs fans. I only talk about what I see.
    The 9rs, probably, (or SHOULD -lol) beat my Packers. But I will say, it'd be a heluva scrub battle.
    Both are a LONG way away from the playoffs.
    ..And while GB will only win 2-3 games (max) this year - I don't know who would win that game.
    That says a LOT about the 9rs coach.
    He's not the guy for that job.. He may be good, but he's not good enough for the NFL. (and neither is the Pack's guy)

Frank Gore would have been a top 10 draft selection if he didn't blow out BOTH of his knees. Don't forget that he was the guy over Clinton Portis at Miami.

Alex Smith enters his 2nd year and your saying he wasn't worthy of going #1 overall? Can you see into the future or somthing? Probably not huh? Then I'd suggest you quit speaking of that which you do not know.

Nolan inherited a team that couldn't even get a first down and now by the numbers the 49ers have a middle of the pack offense but I guess according to you and all no progress is being made. Man I see some flaws in your logic my friend.

What your doing is getting a bit angry because you dropped some cash on a game where the 49ers got blown out. You know that you can't judge a whole team on one game yet your anger is telling you that you can.