ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9764

RB Derrick Ward who announced his retirement earlier this month has rips nfl players

Former NFL RB Derrick Ward who announced his retirement earlier this month has ripped NFL players who drink and drive.

“Alright NFL players!!! Its absolutely E-N-O-U-G-H!!! Drinking and Driving? How dumb can u be? Its absolutely stupid and your making the good guys that actually do right in the NFL look bad,”

Ward wrote. “How easy is it to call a cab to get a ride home? So what? Leave your car get it in the am!? Stop being so dumb! Yes that’s right dumb! I’m sitting here retired enjoyed a great career now all I want to do is become a fan and I see numerous arrest for DWI in the past several weeks? How many has it been this week 4? Absolutely ridiculous your not only putting yourself in danger but your putting other innocent people in danger that don’t deserve your stupidity. Open your eyes and do the right thing. I know what its like to get go out get drunk and debate on weather to drive home or not. Call a taxi! So what if u spend some money to take one or U get a ticket on your car in the am when u go bac 2 get it At least u won’t have to pay bail and then lawyer fees and then miss game checks from being suspended for a few games. Damn this really has me furious and its so avoidable. Tighten up youngsters of the NFL because guess what it doesn’t mean National Football League it really means Not For Long league. There’s no excuse to drive drunk! NONE! If all else fails WALK! NFL players are world class athletes Walking should be nothing!”

Ward is absolutely right! And I'm extremely glad that a athlete of his caliber has spoke out and made it clear to others an nfl spokesman says. NFL players including Nick Fairley, Kenny Britt, Donald Washington, Marshawn Lynch, Robert Quinn, Aaron Berry, David Diehl, Justin Blackmon, Jerome Felton, Darrius Heyward-Bey, Brandon Meriweather, Knowshon Moreno and Aldon Smith, ALL have been arrested for drunk driving this year

brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

it's only a matter of time until one of these idiots kills a family of four and/or themselves while drinking and driving

seriously you make 10 million dollars a year, order a f*cking cab and pay the 100 dollar ticket or whatever it is. You make 100 dollars in a second of gameplay

Sledge187
    Sledge187's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5937

Derrick Ward was awesome with the Texans in limited time that he played in H-Town.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4627

I never understand these guys. Get paid all that money, and can't hire someone to be their designated driver? Or call a taxi or somesh!t.

Good for Ward on calling these guys out.

therushishere
    therushishere's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 990

He was great for the Texans. The consummate professional.

PickWinnerAllDay
    I'd never gamble again for Taylor Swift
    PickWinnerAllDay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

I miss Warrick Dunn.

Derrick Ward just reminds me of him for obvious reasons.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

If I had all that money, I'd wipe my ass with hundos and have someone drive me everywhere.

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

Derrick ward, and warrick dunn.. 2 of the great men in the nfl... could add jason kidd to the dumb athlete list... a dui should be an automatic 8 game suspension..sure its harsh, well killing someone cause your drunk is a lot harsher

SparJMU
    SparJMU's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7523

Well put Derrick Ward. Very refreshing to see an ex NFL player speak out.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1824

They'll never respect anything till someone puts them in a wheelchair.

ttrace35
    ttrace35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

Quote Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
    it's only a matter of time until one of these idiots kills a family of four and/or themselves while drinking and driving

Can you say DONTE STALLWORTH?????

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1824

Quote Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
    If they had a choice of a family of four being a live or a drink/smoke they would choose the latter if there were no penalties for it.

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year
    Cougar Bait's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3289

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    If I had all that money, I'd wipe my ass with hundos and have someone drive me everywhere.
    Remind me to use medical gloves if I ever become your driver

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68533

Can you say Leonard Little !

** Rams standout defensive lineman Lenoard Little left a birthday party drunk. He crashed into an innocent lady named Susan Gutweiler and the impact killed her. When he blew a .19 (2x the legal limit in MO) he was arrested for manslaughter. And after a painfully public trial, Little was sentenced to 4 years of probation and 1000 hours of community service.

To his credit, Little was repentant about the situation. And for many years he did hard work to atone for his mistake. But when he was arrested again in 2004 for going 78 in a 55MPH zone and failed multiple roadside sobriety checks, he was charged with DUI again. He wasn't convicted, though. And once again sentenced to probation, this time for 2 years. **

Disgraceful.

WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Ward was a professional, and a very capable role player in the NFL. I applaud him.

To say he enjoyed a GREAT career though, is kind of humorous.

Either way, great message.

marcojuiceman
    marcojuiceman's Avatar Become A Pro!

link for article

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

u would think that some1 within their "entourages" or "friends"
    would be able to drive their drunk asses home .................

muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jsmithj88 View Post
    u would think that some1 within their "entourages" or "friends"
    would be able to drive their drunk asses home .................
    Pretty much applies to everyone doesn't it?

Besides taxi's, most communities have a "keys please" service that will drive you home.

I'd venture to guess that of all the crimes NFL players commit (and there are plenty to choose from), driving under the influence is along the same lines (% wise) as society in general.

Kindred
    Bitcoin=Freedom
    Kindred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 473

phuck that, drink and drive stay alive

seriously drunk passengers in accidents have a much higher survival rate. It's because they don't tense up before the moment of impact they just bounce around and usually walk away unharmed. Google it..then remember to get lit before your next road trip

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Justin Blackmon latest nfl player dwi

PickWinnerAllDay
    I'd never gamble again for Taylor Swift
    PickWinnerAllDay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by paco View Post
    Justin Blackmon latest nfl player dwi
    He's black, 'mon.