aman86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Not at that price

BALISTIK
    BALISTIK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 605

Quote Originally Posted by aman86 View Post
    Not at that price
    In your opinion what price should I look for. I thought the price was fair.

Waterstpub87
    Slan go foill
    Waterstpub87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7236

Why lock your money up for the whole season

BALISTIK

Quote Originally Posted by Waterstpub87 View Post
    Why lock your money up for the whole season
    I'm talking a couple hundred bucks...nothing major.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1800

Quote Originally Posted by BALISTIK View Post
    In your opinion what price should I look for. I thought the price was fair.
    +1400 +

You'll have trouble getting it though......going by your avatar.

BALISTIK

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    +1400 +

You'll have trouble getting it though......going by your avatar.
    Ha, nice...we can do "some things" around here...you never know!

BALISTIK

Seriously, why do you think they should be that high? I think they are top 4 or 5 team this year!

4TH AND STUPID
    best NFL capper at SBR
    4TH AND STUPID's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1990

if matt schaub stays healthy they can go to the superbowl...

if not, it will be another 1 and done

BALISTIK

Quote Originally Posted by 4TH AND STUPID View Post
    if matt schaub stays healthy they can go to the superbowl...

if not, it will be another 1 and done
    I think that is the main question for them, can schaub stay healthy. otherwise, i think they have a big shot!

therushishere
    therushishere's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 990

I think that is the main question for them, can schaub stay healthy. otherwise, i think they have a big shot!
    I'm a big Texans fan- probably know more about them than most of their own players do. So this is going to be fun

I have a different view on Schaub than most. I think he's ok, but im not sure if he can lead a team to a Super Bowl. I actually liked what I saw from TJ Yates a lot last year. In his first NFL action to have him stepping in without any snaps with any of the players on the field and leading them down a 2 minute drive for 50+ yards with no timeouts and getting a FG is exceptional. I think that Schaub getting injured again would be the best thing that could happen to this team. You could tell if you read between the lines how excited the main players and coaches were about him last year- of course it was a bit of an awkward position for Schaub and they definitely weren't going to throw him under the bus so they said all the right things to lend their support. The truth of the matter is that hes had several seasons with one of the best offensive minds of our time (3 Super Bowls in the 90s with him running the offense for the Broncos remember) so of course hes going to put up amazing numbers. Kubiak even got something out of Griese and Plummer in limited exposure to them.

TJ Yates deep ball:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wV-u6Vnr7o

Matt Schaub deep ball at 1:16, 1:35, 3:00, 3:18
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSzkqchFbhM

Yates also has the quickest release ever recorded since Dan Marino.

Given an entire off-season working with the staff as well as running the first team through OTAs while Schaub was heeling should benefit him immensely. Btw- hes also already won a playoff game and also would have won one on the road in Baltimore had it not been for Jacoby Jones muffing the put and giving Baltimore 7 free points in such a close game. He was playing from behind and forced to pass when he made each of his mistakes.

If you had Foster and Tate behind that offensive line running the bootleg system he employs you could be a pretty successful QB as well.

Johnson and Walter need to stay healthy come playoff time. They have a lot of talent behind them but you don't want guys playing in their first year having to make big contributions in the playoffs. Daniels is having his first full off-season in years and he and Casey will be a bigger part of the offense this year. BTW this is where Bellicheck got his ideas to use TEs more.

Defensively, they're set. They added a guy who should have been a first round pick prior to injury on the line and have some young guys that could make a pretty big impact if they got the opportunity to at LB and CB (Braman, Harris, Carmichael). They added a physical specimen to their 3-man OLB rush package in the first round, signed a cheaper version of Demeco Ryans to run the defense while Cushing can go back to playing instinctively and will have a DPOY type season. Jonathan Joseph was a Pro-Bowl corner last year and both Manning and Quinn have Pro-Bowl potential at the safety spots.

BALISTIK

Quote Originally Posted by therushishere View Post
    I'm a big Texans fan- probably know more about them than most of their own players do. So this is going to be fun

I have a different view on Schaub than most. I think he's ok, but im not sure if he can lead a team to a Super Bowl. I actually liked what I saw from TJ Yates a lot last year. In his first NFL action to have him stepping in without any snaps with any of the players on the field and leading them down a 2 minute drive for 50+ yards with no timeouts and getting a FG is exceptional. I think that Schaub getting injured again would be the best thing that could happen to this team. You could tell if you read between the lines how excited the main players and coaches were about him last year- of course it was a bit of an awkward position for Schaub and they definitely weren't going to throw him under the bus so they said all the right things to lend their support. The truth of the matter is that hes had several seasons with one of the best offensive minds of our time (3 Super Bowls in the 90s with him running the offense for the Broncos remember) so of course hes going to put up amazing numbers. Kubiak even got something out of Griese and Plummer in limited exposure to them.

TJ Yates deep ball:

Given an entire off-season working with the staff as well as running the first team through OTAs while Schaub was heeling should benefit him immensely. Btw- hes also already won a playoff game and also would have won one on the road in Baltimore had it not been for Jacoby Jones muffing the put and giving Baltimore 7 free points in such a close game. He was playing from behind and forced to pass when he made each of his mistakes.

If you had Foster and Tate behind that offensive line running the bootleg system he employs you could be a pretty successful QB as well.

Johnson and Walter need to stay healthy come playoff time. They have a lot of talent behind them but you don't want guys playing in their first year having to make big contributions in the playoffs. Daniels is having his first full off-season in years and he and Casey will be a bigger part of the offense this year. BTW this is where Bellicheck got his ideas to use TEs more.

Defensively, they're set. They added a guy who should have been a first round pick prior to injury on the line and have some young guys that could make a pretty big impact if they got the opportunity to at LB and CB (Braman, Harris, Carmichael). They added a physical specimen to their 3-man OLB rush package in the first round, signed a cheaper version of Demeco Ryans to run the defense while Cushing can go back to playing instinctively and will have a DPOY type season. Jonathan Joseph was a Pro-Bowl corner last year and both Manning and Quinn have Pro-Bowl potential at the safety spots.
    Good info here thanks! solidifies my bet? I think so. I think 10-1 is a nice number.

greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

Will kindly disagree with therush. Schaub is projected to be his old self come preseason, he is by far their best chance at getting to the big game THIS year. The D is still solid and both foster and aj should hopefully have full healthy seasons unlike last year. They're built to, and hopefully will, beat the stealers/ravens/jets of the AFC. It's the high powered offensive teams I'm wary about. Even given the circumstances last year, I saw zero chance of them beating the Panthers last year. Yates looked just fine last year, but look at team totals since he started playing, they failed to put up the big numbers they were before Schaub went down.

10:1 on your money for a hundo or two seems worth it to me, depending on matchups I wouldn't even attempt a hedge until the AFC title game and they're up against the Pats. Only team I see as a big time obstacle. Me being a homer, pats/packers/saints(no way they make it that far) are the only teams I'd have no problem putting money on against the texans this next year.

therushishere

Quote Originally Posted by greenhippo View Post
    Will kindly disagree with therush. Schaub is projected to be his old self come preseason, he is by far their best chance at getting to the big game THIS year. The D is still solid and both foster and aj should hopefully have full healthy seasons unlike last year. They're built to, and hopefully will, beat the stealers/ravens/jets of the AFC. It's the high powered offensive teams I'm wary about. Even given the circumstances last year, I saw zero chance of them beating the Panthers last year. Yates looked just fine last year, but look at team totals since he started playing, they failed to put up the big numbers they were before Schaub went down.

10:1 on your money for a hundo or two seems worth it to me, depending on matchups I wouldn't even attempt a hedge until the AFC title game and they're up against the Pats. Only team I see as a big time obstacle. Me being a homer, pats/packers/saints(no way they make it that far) are the only teams I'd have no problem putting money on against the texans this next year.
    In terms of TT, Schaub had the whole playboob not only open but learned. TJ only had a few pages open and still put up 19+.

This is coming from a guy that sold his car and went to vegas with the money to put on the Texans to try to hit big and help his family though. As much as I love the #13 team in sports though, im not getting that feeling yet. Ill probably be putting in a wager as soon as Schaub goes down and evaluate from there.

therushishere

Good info here thanks! solidifies my bet? I think so. I think 10-1 is a nice number.
    BTW I think I got 36 to 1 around week 14

4TH AND STUPID
    best NFL capper at SBR

TJ Yates deep ball:

this is the biggest crock of horsecrap ive read in a while.

either you are tj yates, tj yates is your boyfriend, or you like crack rocks

Career NFL statistics as of Week 17, 2011
    TDINT 98-58
    Passing yards 17,936
    QB Rating 92.2
    Stats at NFL.com

thats matt schaub. you think t.j yates can do this based on one drive in which he led them to a field goal?

tj yates's td- int ratio in college was basically 1-1. theres a reason he was picked in round 5. that reason was the three interceptions he threw in the divisional round game against baltimore, and the 3 other interceptions that were dropped, totalling to 6 outright terrible passes.

matt schaub was the nfl passing leader in 2009, passing for nearly 5000 yards.

you pull out some stupid youtube video of tj yates throwing a pass and think that hes all of a sudden the next big thing?

even last year schaub was passing at a 95 passer rating, above big ben, cutler, vick, eli manning, etc etc etc.

please dont ever post some nonsense like that again, claiming you're some hardcore texans fan. schaub is only 31 and is one of the best qb's to ever play this game. get your mouth off tj yates's rooster

chargers4222
    chargers4222's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8926

lol "matt schaub is one of the best qb's ever". pleeeeeeeease please post your picks weekly. please?

therushishere

schaub is only 31 and is one of the best qb's to ever play this game.
    oh man

Have you ever watched a Texans game? Have you ever watched a Broncos game in the mid 90s?

With a developed run game and offensive line you and I could look like all time greats if Kubiak gave us years of his time and devotion.

therushishere

you pull out some stupid youtube video of tj yates throwing a pass and think that hes all of a sudden the next big thing?
    You dont have to agree with me. Many Texans fans dont. But there are a few that do. He was playing from behind on every single interception he threw on the road in the playoffs in Baltimore.

How about this drive to clinch the division on the road in Cinci?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4VOL...eature=related

4TH AND STUPID
    best NFL capper at SBR

Quote Originally Posted by chargers4222 View Post
    lol "matt schaub is one of the best qb's ever". pleeeeeeeease please post your picks weekly. please?

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...ing_career.htm

[COLOR=#FFFFFF !important]News: s-r blog:Widgets.Sports-Reference.com

[/COLOR]

Football Leaders & Football Records : Single-Season · Career · Active · Year-by-Year · Single Game
    NFL Career Passer Rating Leaders

Rank Player (age), + - HOFer, Bold - Active Rate Years Teams
    1. Aaron Rodgers (28) 104.1 2005-2011 gnb
    2. Tony Romo (31) 96.9 2004-2011 dal
    3. Steve Young+ 96.8 1985-1999 2TM
    4. Tom Brady (34) 96.4 2000-2011 nwe
    5. Philip Rivers (30) 95.5 2004-2011 sdg
    6. Peyton Manning (35) 94.9 1998-2011 clt
    7. Drew Brees (32) 94.0 2001-2011 2TM
    8. Kurt Warner 93.7 1998-2009 3TM
    9. Joe Montana+ 92.3 1979-1994 2TM
    10. Matt Schaub (30) 92.2 2004-2011 2TM
    11. Ben Roethlisberger (29) 92.1 2004-2011 pit
    12. Chad Pennington 90.1 2000-2010 2TM
    13. Matt Ryan (26) 88.4 2008-2011 atl
    14. Daunte Culpepper 87.8 1999-2009 4TM
    15. Jeff Garcia (41) 87.5 1999-2011 6TM
    16. Otto Graham+ 86.6 1946-1955 cle
    17. Dan Marino+ 86.4 1983-1999 mia
    18. Carson Palmer (32) 86.3 2004-2011 2TM
    19. Trent Green 86.0 1997-2008 4TM
    Joe Flacco (26) 86.0 2008-2011 rav
    Brett Favre 86.0 1991-2010 4TM
    22. David Garrard 85.8 2002-2010 jax
    23. Donovan McNabb (35) 85.6 1999-2011 3TM
    24. Matthew Stafford (23) 84.7 2009-2011 det
    Shaun Hill (31) 84.7 2005-2011 3TM
    Rich Gannon 84.7 1987-2004 4TM
    27. Jay Cutler (28) 84.5 2006-2011 2TM
    28. Jim Kelly+ 84.4 1986-1996 buf
    Marc Bulger 84.4 2002-2009 ram
    30. Mark Brunell (41) 84.0 1994-2011 5TM
    31. Roger Staubach+ 83.4 1969-1979 dal
    32. Jason Campbell (30) 82.8 2006-2011 2TM
    Steve McNair 82.8 1995-2007 2TM
    34. Neil Lomax 82.7 1981-1988 crd
    Brian Griese 82.7 1998-2008 4TM
    36. Sonny Jurgensen+ 82.6 1957-1974 2TM
    Len Dawson+ 82.6 1957-1975 3TM
    38. Brad Johnson 82.5 1994-2008 4TM
    Matt Cassel (29) 82.5 2005-2011 2TM
    40. Matt Hasselbeck (36) 82.2 1999-2011 3TM
    41. Eli Manning (30) 82.1 2004-2011 nyg
    42. Ken Anderson 81.9 1971-1986 cin
    43. Neil O'Donnell 81.8 1991-2003 4TM
    Bernie Kosar 81.8 1985-1996 3TM
    45. Danny White 81.7 1976-1988 dal
    46. Troy Aikman+ 81.6 1989-2000 dal
    47. Dave Krieg 81.5 1980-1998 6TM
    Randall Cunningham 81.5 1985-2001 4TM
    49. Jake Delhomme (36) 81.3 1999-2011 4TM
    50. Boomer Esiason 81.1 1984-1997 3TM
    51. Warren Moon+ 80.9 1984-2000 4TM
    Michael Vick (31) 80.9 2001-2011 2TM
    53. Damon Huard 80.6 1998-2008 3TM
    54. Bart Starr+ 80.5 1956-1971 gnb
    Jeff Hostetler 80.5 1985-1997 3TM
    56. Ken O'Brien 80.4 1984-1993 2TM
    Fran Tarkenton+ 80.4 1961-1978 2TM
    Jeff George 80.4 1990-2001 5TM
    59. Steve Beuerlein 80.3 1988-2003 6TM
    60. Dan Fouts+ 80.2 1973-1987 sdg
    61. John Elway+ 79.9 1983-1998 den
    62. Tony Eason 79.7 1983-1990 2TM
    Byron Leftwich (31) 79.7 2003-2011 4TM
    64. Elvis Grbac 79.6 1994-2001 3TM
    65. Kyle Orton (29) 79.4 2005-2011 3TM
    66. Chris Chandler 79.1 1988-2004 7TM
    67. Josh Freeman (23) 79.0 2009-2011 tam
    68. Mark Rypien 78.9 1988-2001 5TM
    69. Jim Everett 78.6 1986-1997 3TM
    70. Phil Simms 78.5 1979-1993 nyg
    Aaron Brooks 78.5 2000-2006 2TM
    72. Bert Jones 78.2 1973-1982 2TM
    Jim McMahon 78.2 1982-1996 6TM
    Johnny Unitas+ 78.2 1956-1973 2TM
    75. Bobby Hebert 78.0 1985-1996 2TM
    Jeff Blake 78.0 1992-2005 7TM
    77. Charlie Batch (37) 77.8 1998-2011 2TM
    78. Tarvaris Jackson (28) 77.7 2006-2011 2TM
    79. Jim Harbaugh 77.6 1987-2000 4TM
    Frank Ryan 77.6 1958-1970 3TM
    81. Joe Theismann 77.4 1974-1985 was
    Jon Kitna (39) 77.4 1997-2011 4TM
    83. Bob Berry 77.2 1965-1975 2TM
    84. Jay Fiedler 77.1 1995-2005 5TM
    Drew Bledsoe 77.1 1993-2006 3TM
    Bob Griese+ 77.1 1967-1980 mia
    87. Bill Kenney 77.0 1980-1988 kan
    88. Gary Danielson 76.6 1976-1988 2TM
    Erik Kramer 76.6 1987-1999 4TM
    90. Alex Smith (27) 76.4 2005-2011 sfo
    91. Doug Flutie 76.3 1986-2005 4TM
    92. Stan Humphries 75.8 1989-1997 2TM
    93. Chad Henne (26) 75.7 2008-2011 mia
    94. J.P. Losman (30) 75.6 2004-2011 3TM
    Wade Wilson 75.6 1981-1998 5TM
    96. Steve Bartkowski 75.4 1975-1986 2TM
    Trent Edwards 75.4 2007-2010 2TM
    98. Ken Stabler 75.3 1970-1984 3TM
    Scott Mitchell 75.3 1991-2001 4TM
    Steve Bono 75.3 1985-1999 7TM
    101. Jim Miller 75.2 1995-2002 2TM
    102. Tim Couch 75.1 1999-2003 cle
    Norm Van Brocklin+ 75.1 1949-1960 2TM
    104. Vinny Testaverde 75.0 1987-2007 7TM
    Sid Luckman+ 75.0 1939-1950 chi
    Ryan Fitzpatrick (29) 75.0 2005-2011 3TM
    107. David Carr (32) 74.9 2002-2011 4TM
    Chris Miller 74.9 1987-1999 3TM
    Patrick Ramsey 74.9 2002-2008 3TM
    110. Don Meredith 74.8 1960-1968 dal
    Brian Sipe 74.8 1974-1983 cle
    112. Ty Detmer 74.7 1993-2003 5TM
    113. Jake Plummer 74.6 1997-2006 2TM
    114. Vince Young (28) 74.4 2006-2011 2TM
    115. Craig Erickson 74.3 1992-1997 3TM
    Roman Gabriel 74.3 1962-1977 2TM
    Y.A. Tittle+ 74.3 1948-1964 3TM
    118. Gus Frerotte 74.2 1994-2008 7TM
    Steve DeBerg 74.2 1978-1998 6TM
    Sam Bradford (24) 74.2 2010-2011 ram
    121. Earl Morrall 74.1 1956-1976 6TM
    122. Kerry Collins (39) 73.8 1995-2011 6TM
    123. Frankie Albert 73.5 1946-1952 sfo
    Hugh Millen 73.5 1987-1995 4TM
    Craig Morton 73.5 1965-1982 3TM
    126. Rodney Peete 73.3 1989-2004 6TM
    127. Mark Sanchez (25) 73.2 2009-2011 nyj
    128. Daryle Lamonica 72.9 1963-1974 2TM
    Greg Landry 72.9 1968-1984 3TM
    Don Majkowski 72.9 1987-1996 3TM
    Frank Reich 72.9 1985-1998 4TM
    132. Ron Jaworski 72.8 1974-1989 4TM
    Tommy Kramer 72.8 1977-1990 2TM
    134. Tommy Maddox 72.4 1992-2005 4TM
    Tony Banks 72.4 1996-2005 4TM
    136. Bubby Brister 72.3 1986-2000 5TM
    John Brodie 72.3 1957-1973 sfo
    John Friesz 72.3 1990-2000 4TM
    139. Sammy Baugh+ 72.2 1937-1952 was
    Milt Plum 72.2 1957-1969 4TM
    Billy Wade 72.2 1954-1966 2TM
    142. Gary Hogeboom 71.9 1980-1989 3TM
    143. Jay Schroeder 71.7 1985-1994 4TM
    Quincy Carter 71.7 2001-2004 2TM
    145. Billy Kilmer 71.6 1961-1978 3TM
    Steve Pelluer 71.6 1984-1990 2TM
    147. Bill Munson 71.5 1964-1979 5TM
    148. Rex Grossman (31) 71.4 2003-2011 3TM
    149. Josh McCown (32) 71.2 2002-2011 5TM
    150. Terry Bradshaw+ 70.9 1970-1983 pit
    Lynn Dickey 70.9 1971-1985 2TM
    152. Kordell Stewart 70.7 1995-2005 3TM
    153. George Ratterman 70.4 1947-1956 3TM
    154. Trent Dilfer 70.2 1994-2007 5TM
    Bill Nelsen 70.2 1963-1972 2TM
    156. Steve Fuller 70.1 1979-1986 2TM
    Vince Ferragamo 70.1 1977-1986 3TM
    158. Jeff Kemp 70.0 1981-1991 4TM
    159. Steve Grogan 69.6 1975-1990 nwe
    Pat Haden 69.6 1976-1981 ram
    161. Kyle Boller (30) 69.5 2003-2011 3TM
    162. Joey Harrington 69.4 2002-2007 3TM
    Doug Williams 69.4 1978-1989 2TM
    164. Charley Johnson 69.2 1961-1975 3TM
    165. Kent Graham 69.0 1992-2001 4TM
    166. Mike Tomczak 68.9 1985-1999 4TM
    167. Derek Anderson (28) 68.8 2006-2011 3TM
    168. Eric Hipple 68.7 1980-1989 det
    169. Joe Ferguson 68.4 1973-1990 4TM
    170. Charlie Conerly 68.2 1948-1961 nyg
    171. Dave M. Brown 67.9 1992-2001 2TM
    172. Marc Wilson 67.7 1980-1990 2TM
    Billy Joe Tolliver 67.7 1989-1999 5TM
    174. Tom Flores 67.6 1960-1969 3TM
    Richard Todd 67.6 1976-1985 2TM
    176. Jim Plunkett 67.5 1971-1986 3TM
    177. John Hadl 67.4 1962-1977 4TM
    178. Jim Zorn 67.3 1976-1987 3TM
    James Harris 67.3 1969-1979 3TM
    180. Archie Manning 67.1 1971-1984 3TM
    181. Rudy Bukich 66.6 1953-1968 4TM
    Jim Hart 66.6 1966-1984 2TM
    183. Tommy Thompson 66.5 1940-1950 2TM
    184. Steve Walsh 66.4 1989-1999 6TM
    185. Steve Dils 65.8 1979-1988 3TM
    186. David Woodley 65.7 1980-1985 2TM
    187. Joe Namath+ 65.5 1965-1977 2TM
    Norm Snead 65.5 1961-1976 5TM
    189. Dave Wilson 63.8 1981-1988 nor
    190. Rick Mirer 63.5 1993-2003 5TM
    191. Bobby Layne+ 63.4 1948-1962 4TM
    192. Jack Trudeau 63.3 1986-1995 3TM
    Mike Pagel 63.3 1982-1993 3TM
    Mike Livingston 63.3 1968-1979 kan
    195. Danny Kanell 63.2 1996-2003 3TM
    196. Vince Evans 63.0 1977-1995 2TM
    197. Bobby Thomason 62.9 1949-1957 3TM
    198. Ed Brown 62.8 1954-1965 3TM
    199. Gary Cuozzo 62.1 1963-1972 4TM
    200. Mark Malone 61.9 1980-1989 3TM
    201. Bob Waterfield+ 61.6 1945-1952 ram
    202. Eddie LeBaron 61.4 1952-1963 2TM
    Randy Wright 61.4 1984-1988 gnb
    204. Glenn Dobbs 61.0 1946-1949 2TM
    205. George Blanda+ 60.6 1949-1975 4TM
    206. Steve Spurrier 60.1 1967-1976 2TM
    207. Babe Parilli 59.6 1952-1969 5TM
    208. David Whitehurst 59.2 1977-1983 gnb
    209. Dan Pastorini 59.1 1971-1983 4TM
    210. Steve Ramsey 58.9 1970-1976 2TM
    211. Jack Kemp 57.3 1957-1969 3TM
    212. Dennis Shaw 56.8 1970-1975 2TM
    Tobin Rote 56.8 1950-1966 4TM
    214. Scott Brunner 56.3 1980-1985 2TM
    215. Jim Ninowski 55.4 1958-1969 4TM
    216. Joe Kapp 55.1 1967-1970 2TM
    Randy Johnson 55.1 1966-1976 4TM
    218. Cotton Davidson 54.9 1954-1968 3TM
    219. Jack Concannon 54.8 1964-1975 4TM
    Paul Christman 54.8 1945-1950 2TM
    Bob Avellini 54.8 1975-1984 chi
    222. Jim Finks+ 54.7 1949-1955 pit
    223. Zeke Bratkowski 54.3 1954-1971 3TM
    224. Joe Pisarcik 53.9 1977-1984 2TM
    225. Al Dorow 53.8 1954-1962 4TM
    226. Jim Hardy 53.1 1946-1952 3TM
    227. Dick Wood 52.9 1962-1966 5TM
    228. Mike Phipps 52.6 1970-1981 2TM
    229. Adrian Burk 52.2 1950-1956 2TM
    Frank Tripucka 52.2 1949-1963 4TM
    231. Lamar McHan 50.3 1954-1963 4TM
    232. Arnie Herber+ 50.1 1930-1945 2TM
    233. Pete Beathard 49.9 1964-1973 4TM
    234. Bobby Douglass 48.5 1969-1978 4TM
    235. Mike Taliaferro 46.1 1964-1972 3TM

check out #10 douchebag....

theres a reason why i win money and why you follow me around the boards...

because as much as you hate me you want to win money so bad and youre willing to stroke my rooster cause you have no other options

therushishere

So Matt Schaub is the 10th best QB of all-time? And Daunte Culpepper is the 14th best QB of all time? And Chad Pennington is better than Dan Marino?

I honestly dont remember you bud. I dont have any bias towards you so any previous opinions I had/have of you obviously stand separate from this- I like to evaluate things on a case by case basis. I'm not sure why you have such unfiltered hatred towards me. Maybe you shouldnt take message boards so seriously. Especially if youre making a case for Schaub being the 10th best QB of all time and being better than Dan Marino. Thats just my 2 cents worth.
    Last edited by therushishere; 07-22-12 at 04:31 PM.

4TH AND STUPID
    best NFL capper at SBR

So Matt Schaub is the 10th best QB of all-time? And Daunte Culpepper is the 14th best QB of all time? And Chad Pennington is better than Dan Marino?

I honestly dont remember you bud. I dont have any bias towards you so any previous opinions I had/have of you obviously stand separate from this- I like to evaluate things on a case by case basis. I'm not sure why you have such unfiltered hatred towards me. Maybe you shouldnt take message boards so seriously. Especially if youre making a case for Schaub being the 10th best QB of all time and being better than Dan Marino. Thats just my 2 cents worth.

i have no hate toward you whatsoever. i was talking to chargers 4422, a loser who wishes he was me and follows me round the board praying i post a losing pick..

with regards to your post, i was simply talking sports... i think comparing a rookie who hardly did anything in the ncaa with a guy who almost passed for 5000 yards in an nfl season is rediculous, based on a couple of youtube videos. thats why i came at you hard.

as for my post of all-time nfl qb ratings--- no it doesnt PROVE that schaub is one of the best quarterbacks but it certainly makes a good case!!

look at the other guys in the list of the top 10. do they all have something in common? yes they do, they are all pretty damn good, or were at one point in their career.

having said that, at the age of 31, for you to say that schaub going down again would be "the best thing to happen to this team" deserves a harsh response, especially conisdering you claim to know the texans.

chargers4222

so, just to clear this up, you will be posting your picks throughout the season correct?

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1800

Seriously, why do you think they should be that high? I think they are top 4 or 5 team this year!
    That's not what I "think", that's the number at Pinnacle Sports.

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

I think the odds are reasonable. Considering last season there are 4 teams that stand out in the AFC. Of course the Patriots are the clear cut favorites followed by Steelers and Ravens and the Texans a close 4th. However I don't think the Texans D will be as dominant and I'm not sure if Arian Foster can repeat his performance from last year.

therushishere

Quote Originally Posted by easyliving View Post
    Of course the Patriots are the clear cut favorites followed by Steelers and Ravens and the Texans a close 4th. However I don't think the Texans D will be as dominant and I'm not sure if Arian Foster can repeat his performance from last year.
    Unfortunately the opposite is true.

The run game and defense is the strength. They undoubtedly have the best 1-2 punch at RB in the NFL as well as a defense with an elite list of players on the front line along with the shelves stocked and ready to produce in the backline in case of injury.

Not sure if Arian can repeat his performance from last year? No offense, but at this rate, by the time you catch on hell be retired and engraved in Canton. By the numbers, his performance actually decreased from the year before to last due to Tate becoming a larger part of the offense. They had two 1,000 yard rushers. Let that sink in for a minute. 2 of them. Most of the league would be happy if they somehow found one. But they had two.

Antonio Smith has been a Pro-Bowler before, JJ Watt might be the best 3-4 end of his time, Barwin would have had close to 20 sacks had he been playing weak-side rushing LB the whole year before Mario went down, Cushing might be the best all-around ILB in the game, Joseph is a top 3 corner in this league, and Manning and Quinn both have Pro-Bowl potential (and Manning will get there this year).

If theres anything to be concerned about its the passing game. Can Schaub hang with the big boys come playoff time? Can Yates continue to build on his success as a rookie? How many games will Andre Johnson and Kevin Walter play? There isnt a single wideout behing them with an NFL catch. These are the concerns at the core of this team. Not the defense and run game.

4TH AND STUPID
    best NFL capper at SBR

Quote Originally Posted by chargers4222 View Post
    so, just to clear this up, you will be posting your picks throughout the season correct?

are you still paying your gambling debts with welfare money?

chargers4222

sure, whatever helps you sleep at night. as long as your promise to keep a thread with your picks