SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Mike Rose: New Orleans Saints +7.0

Mike Rose: New Orleans Saints +7.0

The Saints put forth one of the greatest human interest stories of the year last Monday night when they returned back home to the Superdome and dished out a severe spanking to the visiting Atlanta Falcons.

That night was most definitely theirs, and the line in this game predicts they’ll crash back down to earth. I’m not buying it. I’ve really liked what I’ve seen from this club in their first three games, and have been very unimpressed with what Carolina has done to date. Even in last week’s game, the Panthers couldn’t avoid the mistakes that cost them dearly in their first two games. I know they won, but HC Fox and his staff have to be alarmed by the fact that they weren’t able to put the game away after holding a commanding 17-0 lead at one point.

New Orleans has played solid on both sides of the ball. They’re not killing themselves with turnovers, and they’re doing all the small things necessary to win. This line is much to rich for my taste, and I have no problem going back to the well that treated me so kindly last Monday Night. The visitor boasts a perfect 9-0 ATS mark in this series, and the Saints are a solid 16-3 ATS as divisional road dawgs. Take a flyer on the Saints who went into Carolina last year and beat them SU in their own backyard.

Game Time: 10/1/2006 1:00:00 PM

Play: New Orleans Saints +7.0

By: Mike Rose
    http://www.who2beton.com

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I was leaning towards the Saints earlier in the week, but decided to just past on this game. I'm just worried about that classic let down factor after last weeks game.