Sportsgirl
    Sportsgirl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

Tough calls for week 4

The weekend is full of could-go-either-way matchups.

Arizona at Atlanta, 1 p.m.
    After the Falcons' poor performance Monday night, does Arizona stand a chance in Atlanta. The birds are on a short week and the wind got knocked out of them by the Saints.

Indianapolis at N.Y. Jets, 1 p.m.
    While Indy should cruise through this game, it's not gonna be in the dome and Pennington and Co. have been playing well. Indy's gonna lose some this season, and it could be here.

Minnesota at Buffalo, 1 p.m.
    Both teams lost close ones last weekend and the Vikes proved their D is for real against the Bears.

San Diego at Baltimore, 1 p.m.
    Will the Ravens recover mentally from what should have been a loss to the lowly Browns? Will San Diego travel well?

New Orleans at Carolina, 1 p.m.
    Carolina is injured and while they surged early last Sunday, they almost lost it in the end. Can the Saints sustain their high?

Detroit at St. Louis, 4:05 p.m.
    Detroits looks better than 0-3 and St. Louis is worse that 2-1.

New England at Cincinnati, 4:15 p.m.
    Would've called this the game of the weekend, that is if the Pats hadn't looked so inept on offense against the Broncs. Cincy was a mess against the Steelers and if not for a few timely mistakes by the 'Burg, the Bengals would've left Heinz Field with a loss. Their offensive line let Palmer down big - can New England's D take advantage?

Seattle at Chicago, 8:15 p.m.
    This is likely the game of the weekend. Coming off 42 points against the Giants, Seattle is probably not expecting so much in Chicago, but the Bears will likely need more prodution from their offense and since Seattle gave up 30 points at home to the Giants, is there any reason to think they won't get it?
    Last edited by Sportsgirl; 09-26-06 at 09:26 AM.

gummo
    Bearcats
    gummo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1195

You almost have to expect a major comedown from the Saints this week at Carolina. Baltimore/SD is a tough call. I think SD is clearly the better team but Baltimore's defense can wreak havoc on the rook qb. I think ATL beats AZ since they will also be starting a rookie qb. My picks in these games to win would be:

ATL
    INDY
    BUFF
    SD
    STL
    CIN
    SEA

STEELCURTAIN3288
    STEELCURTAIN3288's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Sportsgirl
    The weekend is full of could-go-either-way matchups.

Arizona at Atlanta, 1 p.m.
    After the Falcons' poor performance Monday night, does Arizona stand a chance in Atlanta. The birds are on a short week and the wind got knocked out of them by the Saints.

Indianapolis at N.Y. Jets, 1 p.m.
    While Indy should cruise through this game, it's not gonna be in the dome and Pennington and Co. have been playing well. Indy's gonna lose some this season, and it could be here.

Both teams lost close ones last weekend and the Vikes proved their D is for real against the Bears.

San Diego at Baltimore, 1 p.m.
    Will the Ravens recover mentally from what should have been a loss to the lowly Browns? Will San Diego travel well?

New Orleans at Carolina, 1 p.m.
    Carolina is injured and while they surged early last Sunday, they almost lost it in the end. Can the Saints sustain their high?

Detroit at St. Louis, 4:05 p.m.
    Detroits looks better than 0-3 and St. Louis is worse that 2-1.

New England at Cincinnati, 4:15 p.m.
    Would've called this the game of the weekend, that is if the Pats hadn't looked so inept on offense against the Broncs. Cincy was a mess against the Steelers and if not for a few timely mistakes by the 'Burg, the Bengals would've left Heinz Field with a loss. Their offensive line let Palmer down big - can New England's D take advantage?

Seattle at Chicago, 8:15 p.m.
    This is likely the game of the weekend. Coming off 42 points against the Giants, Seattle is probably not expecting so much in Chicago, but the Bears will likely need more prodution from their offense and since Seattle gave up 30 points at home to the Giants, is there any reason to think they won't get it?
    LOVE THE PIC 1ST OF ALL!!! and I am feeling your atlanta pick as a serious beat down!!!!

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I disagree with your Jets selection Sportsgirl. I'm thinking this could be an Indy blowout.

psycho44
    psycho44's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

last week there was a lot of huge underdogs and the favourites got spanked, especially the home teams.

This week the ats seems tight. Looks like a good week to pass on.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't think Sportsgirl included picks. Just valid questions.

I like Minnesota as a dog, and would probably take the ML. Very stable team. Two wins by a FG, one loss by a FG.

Anybody know the SD and DAL records off a bye?

Edit: found them. DAL off bye 20-7 SU and 16-11 ATS. SD no edge.
    Last edited by Dark Horse; 09-27-06 at 04:03 PM.

John Galt1
    John Galt1's Avatar Become A Pro!

this is my take

ari @ atl pass
    jets I would take +10
    vikings ml
    sd @ bal pass
    car -7, not 7.5
    detroit +6
    ne @ cin pass
    sea+3.5

Gamehendge
    Gamehendge's Avatar Become A Pro!

i agree on the colts blowout

Zikaris
    Zikaris's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan
    I disagree with your Jets selection Sportsgirl. I'm thinking this could be an Indy blowout.
    Yeah Indy definately destroys the jets. Your going to see another Indy run for 16-0 until a GOOD team knocks them off. The jets are a POOR team.

Zikaris
    Zikaris's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Proving your D is for real against the Bears is like proving your a good fighter against one of the chess club kids in highschool.

Sportsgirl
    Sportsgirl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

Quote Originally Posted by Zikaris
    Proving your D is for real against the Bears is like proving your a good fighter against one of the chess club kids in highschool.
    You must be speaking of the Bears of old my friend, or you just like picking on me

In either event, Rex Grossman was just named NFC offensive player of the month and boasts these stats thus far in the season: Grossman leads the NFL with an average of 8.8 yards per attempt, is tied for third with a career-high six TD passes and ranks fifth with 829 passing yards and a 100.9 passer rating.
    In total offense in the NFL, the Bears, according to the Associated Press, rank fourth in the NFC with 1069 total yards, 249 rushing, 820 passing. By comparison, in the AFC, Indy's offense ranks second with 1114 total yards, 243 rushing and 871 passing.

Play chess with that.

John Galt1
    John Galt1's Avatar Become A Pro!

You must be speaking of the Bears of old my friend, or you just like picking on me

In either event, Rex Grossman was just named NFC offensive player of the month and boasts these stats thus far in the season: Grossman leads the NFL with an average of 8.8 yards per attempt, is tied for third with a career-high six TD passes and ranks fifth with 829 passing yards and a 100.9 passer rating.
    In total offense in the NFL, the Bears, according to the Associated Press, rank fourth in the NFC with 1069 total yards, 249 rushing, 820 passing. By comparison, in the AFC, Indy's offense ranks second with 1114 total yards, 243 rushing and 871 passing.

Play chess with that.

its all true SG
    still, until CHI beats a good team their offense will be suspect at least, I dont trust them but I might be wrong