Scorpion
    Update your status
    Scorpion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15377

Big Ben's last 3 starts

44/92 0TD's 8int's.

OUCH!!!!

It's over for this guy. The only question is how many games like this can you handle? Less than 50%, and ZERO touchdowns.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

The off season stuff has really took it's toll on him. Between that accident, and the appendix surgery didn't help out either.

I'm just wondering if he's having some mental issues in regards to maybe trying to over protecting his body from that next big hit that might be comming, because that could be throwing off his timming, and effectivness.

John Galt1
    John Galt1's Avatar Become A Pro!

He won everything too soon. I think he's overrated. Off season stupidness dont help either

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

The lack of a super solid running game has eposed him. He's trying to do way too much with his arm.

Scorpion
    Update your status
    Scorpion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15377

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan
    The off season stuff has really took it's toll on him. Between that accident, and the appendix surgery didn't help out either.

I dont know, he played like shit in super bowl too before all of that

scottyy11
    scottyy11's Avatar Become A Pro!

I never thought he was that good........decent but no superstar. He got into a good situation and system. I did not see yesterdays game but didnt think he was terrible in the jags game for a guy making his first start of the year and don't think charlie would of been any better..........just ran into a buzz saw in the jags defense

Tricky
    Tricky's Avatar Become A Pro!

I wouldn't count him out just yet. He's obviously still rusty from lack of playing time. But he's the guy that got the steelers over the hump. Not because he's great like an Elway but because he makes the team play better. Have we all forgotten how awful pittsburgh was last year when he didn't play? If he's still like this midseason that's one thing. But two games in and he's done? Yeah, I wish.

isetcap
    isetcap's Avatar Become A Pro!

Most people are right on this one. Ben was inserted into a wonderful situation for a quarterback. Remember that Tommy Maddux was looking like an All Pro for a while at the helm before Ben came in. The Steelers had a dominating defense, a power running game that could control the clock, good balance at receiver, and a line that made sure Ben was never touched. Some of those things are not what they used to be and that has adversely affected his performance. He is no longer in a comfort zone and until the Steelers regain their balance on offense he will continue to struggle mightily against good defenses.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I think this guy is overrated

Bulldog
    Bulldog's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think its do or die for him after the bye week...
    Wonder to see what that spread looks like... But I think Pittsburgh should go out to prove people wrong that day... and so will Big Ben...

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9450

I thought his problems started in the Super Bowl. His passes were awful that day, and they were very lucky to win.

Before that, he was terrific in the Bengals, Colts and Bronocs games. His throwing has looked off since the Super Bowl and the off-season woes only add to the problems.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

Overrated and shouldnt be starting just yet after all that offseason stuff.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

yeah, I'm not sure he's fully healthy...

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Maddux was actuallly better a few years back, more accurate passer.

Big Ben will be out of the leaugue in 3 years, he had a great team around him.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

the guy's a super bowl MVP...he won't be out of the league anytime soon...just needs to get his timing back and he'll have a better second half of the season...