hometown
    hometown's Avatar Become A Pro!

Atlanta-4 and the under (42)

First time posting, I have been reading the forums for the last couple of weeks. You guys know you're stuff (most of you). Does any one have any feed back on the game. I lOVE Atlanta -4, can't decide on the points.

Thanks

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

first off, let me welcome you to the SBRforum hometown

I too like Atlanta in this game myself. I really don't have an strong opinion on the total at all though, but i'd go with the under as well.

I think people are buying into this media "returning home" hype way too much this week. If anything thats a distraction for the Saints.

r2d2
    r2d2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 488

i like the under on this one as well. cris has it at u44. the winner is dicey, i can see this one coming down to a field goal either way. good luck to all.

hometown

I do like the advice on the under, First game back at home is getting to much hype. Thanks again

bmac
    bmac's Avatar Become A Pro!

I will be taking the under and looking for the falcons to get it done tonight.

Zikaris
    Zikaris's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

The under definately looks good here.

misteve
    misteve's Avatar Become A Pro!

My gut says under and head says over. I keep remembering that the last two times these two teams played, the total has gone over as these teams have combined for 65 and 53 points...tonight is around 44. Hummmm?????

Jay Edgar
    Jay Edgar's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like the Falcons but mostly I like the first half under. By all accounts it will be too loud to think in there, at least for the first hour. Atlanta may wear NO down, but I think the Saints may hang with them for a while, in traditional MNF home dog fashion, until the crowd wears itself out or the Falcons take them out. Something like 10-3 Falcons at the half.

22 available now, which is a fairly meaningless number. I'm looking for 23 and won't be disappointed with 21.5.
    Last edited by Jay Edgar; 09-25-06 at 06:20 PM.

misteve
    misteve's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yeah, I think the under is a good bet....might take a while to settle down, then will put some points on the board later.

Duffy
    Duffy's Avatar Become A Pro!

17-13 Dirty Birds

hometown

why do you think the over is more popular with the bets right now.

Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14449

Welcome to the Forum Hometown!

Quote Originally Posted by hometown
    why do you think the over is more popular with the bets right now.
    I think the perception is two 2-0 teams SU and ATS on Monday night ~ bound to generate some scoring, right?

My feeling is to the under, I can't see Vick throwing well into
    strong NO secondary. I think No was third (or something like that) in the league last year in defending against the pass.
    Noise too (Started pre-game by U2 and Green Day to inaugurate the new post-Katrina SuperDome) this place will be
    pumped. Stalled ATL ground drives, FGs, Some NO +INTs?
    It all points to an under for me, but I have the side 1 unit
    (NO +4 1/2) so I'm going to lay off the total because I don't want to jinx my side bet on NO. I always seem to go .500 when I bet the side and the total on the same game!
    GL hometown . . .