imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

****imgv94 Monday Night Football Pick****

ADDING:

1* New Orleans Saints ML +200 @ matchbook..
    I like the Saints creative offense and how they use McAlister and Bush. Brees seems to be doing well and this is their first home game in the last 16 games. Alot of emotion in the stadium ala Katrina and this city needs a big win. I think the NFL is going to make sure the Saints win the game.. The Saints historically play the Falcons close and Michael Vick is still a mistake prone QB.. I think the Saints pull this one out and win. Love the +200 we are getting and lets get another dog in.. GO SAINTS!!! The Saints might be a surprise team this year.. Would not be shocked if they made the playoffs..

Lets get that doggy!!!!

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

If I'm going to play this game, it's going to be on the Saints, but I would prefer a +4.5 myself

imgv94

How about those Browns we got in earlier today..

I hate taking +4.5, I know sometimes it makes you win and teams win by 3 or 4 all the time but I think the +200 is juicy..

JDK192
    JDK192's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm staying away from this game. Emotion could be the X factor. I got burnt taking Wash last year vs NYG 2 days after Giants owner Mara died. Emotion carried Giants to a 36-0 victory over what I feel was a better Redskin team. Sometimes emotion factor runs out by halftime and the better team wins the game, though. I don't have any doubt that Atlanta can and will control the line of scrimmage and are the better team. Good luck

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

Quote Originally Posted by imgv94
    How about those Browns we got in earlier today..

I hate taking +4.5, I know sometimes it makes you win and teams win by 3 or 4 all the time but I think the +200 is juicy..
    Browns were nice, but only a single play out of my card, so while I was happy, didn't make the 4-3 day in the NFL for me THAT great.

Would suck for those that played the ML, why try a pass in that spot with 3 minutes left? I'm going to work on this game more in the morning, looking over other things at the moment

scottyy11
    scottyy11's Avatar Become A Pro!

need NO in a pool to win about $100 dont think I like this game enough to bet anymore. I do think atlanta is inflated ,
    wins off tb and a smithless panthers and they look like they are playing more ball control this year so i think the saints have a shot in a close game i hope.

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

wow - I'm surprised by the pick.
    I think every girl in their office pool took NO to win (no points, obviously) for sentimental reasons.

I'm not saying you are wrong - but I'm 100% on the other side.
    I'm not big on 'emotional' or 'revenge' games in the NFL, they almost never pan out.
    The Saints laid a HUGE egg on their Monday Night game that went to Giants stadium last year. If any game could've meant something, that woulda been it - but they cried/complained about it being an 'away' home game. I don't think Sean Peyton is tough enough to take that out of them yet.... Or I'm not sold yet.

Not saying that last year's team is like this year's team at all - they are MUCH MUCH better just because of Brees, let alone a healthy Deuce and Reggie Bush.

I hope you are picking the game based on football and nothing else. I believe that the Saints have no real home field advantage yet and havn't established it. They may win with the spread, but they are not nearly as good as their opponent talent-wise.

Either way, I wish you luck with the pick. I am avoiding the Saints this week... They havn't impressed me enough, other than Brees giving stability to a position that has been horribly unstable for years now.

I think their defense is horribly exploitable... Heck, if Green Bay can, I think anyone can --- and the Falcons are a borderline (at worst) playoff team.

Also, just briefly - in watching Bush (3 preseason games and 2 reg season games), he seems stuck on trying to get outside when he should be running downhill... While he's UBER talented, he's still very unpolished so far. He has the ability to be a pro bowler no question - but he's still very young and makes some very bad 'rookie' decisions.... I just don't think that maturity will show up for 1 game. He's still very young.

Good luck, no matter what. Just trying to help based on what I've seen... Afterall, you did hit on the Browns:>.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

Im going into tomorrow night 12-1 on one of my "Pick the Pros" contest cards. I have the Falcons on that one, and if there is no one 13-0 with the Falcons pending (I will find out tomorrow morning). I could have a shot at getting paid this week.

So Im sorry, I will be rooting for the Falcons.

Well, if things work out, I could possibly hedge that contest.

scottyy11

gl onlooker hope you bring it in

Peyton2MarvinN06
    Peyton2MarvinN06's Avatar Become A Pro!

First time posting in the forum! What do u think about doing a teaser with the Saint gettin 10.5 and kickin the o/u up to 50? the patriots did me in good last night, i'm lookin to get back on track... any thoughts or ideas are welcomed...
    Last edited by Peyton2MarvinN06; 09-25-06 at 01:53 PM.

Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14485

Lord I Want To Be (On) That Number ~ Oh When The Saints Come Marching In . . .

imgv94: I'm totally with you on this one (read my write up in the Best Bets MNF Thread ~ Note: The MNF Best Bet Thread
    was dated for October 2's game when I posted - but in it
    everyone's talking about tonight's game, September 25th).

I love the Saints here plus I shopped and got myself the 4 1/2

GL imgv94, checkerboard. (1 unit, too)

Hey Onlooker, GL! If I lose my unit, I'll be happy for you! (Or maybe your card has - 3 1/2
    and with my + 4 1/2 we just need a middle 21-17! We both win!
    Last edited by Checkerboard; 09-25-06 at 02:50 PM.

Italia_NYC
    Italia_NYC's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Peyton2MarvinN06
    First time posting in the forum! What do u think about doing a teaser with the Saint gettin 10.5 and kickin the o/u up to 50? the patriots did me in good last night, i'm lookin to get back on track... any thoughts or ideas are welcomed...
    You should be able to shop around and get NO +12 and the o/u at 51.5.

You could make the arguement that getting 12 now makes the Saints a nice pick this evening. At 51.5, I would probably lean towards the under.

Checkerboard

imgv94: I'm Too Timid for ML

ADDING:

I like the Saints creative offense and how they use McAlister and Bush. Brees seems to be doing well and this is their first home game in the last 16 games. Alot of emotion in the stadium ala Katrina and this city needs a big win. I think the NFL is going to make sure the Saints win the game.. The Saints historically play the Falcons close and Michael Vick is still a mistake prone QB.. I think the Saints pull this one out and win. Love the +200 we are getting and lets get another dog in.. GO SAINTS!!! The Saints might be a surprise team this year.. Would not be shocked if they made the playoffs..

Lets get that doggy!!!!

As I indicated two posts back imgv94, I'm with you on this
    on PS (+ 4 1/2) . . . I'm too timid for ML here just because it
    seems too good a situation to be true . . . GL!

Checkerboard

Thanks Italia NYC for Spotting and Posting the 5!

Quote Originally Posted by Italia_NYC

You could make the arguement that getting 12 now makes the Saints a nice pick this evening. At 51.5, I would probably lean towards the under.
    . . . Italia_NYC: I just noticed you posted the 5 you noticed in the other MNF thread . . .

I thought I had done well for myself getting the 4 1/2!

Anyone who liked and got ATL at 3 1/2 might now consider a middle. It looks like it might be that type of game . . .

(I think MNF lends itself to middles because the extra lead time sometimes will allow for the movement over the key # more often than you see for example in one of the Sunday early afternoon games ~ just thinking out loud) . . .

Thanks, Italia NYC.
    Last edited by Checkerboard; 09-25-06 at 03:23 PM.

Checkerboard

Thanks Italia_NYC for Noticing and Posting the '5' . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Italia_NYC

Sorry this message is in 2x, I thought the first one didn't make it and I'm not sure how to delete . . .

Italia_NYC: I saw your posting of the 5 you'd noticed in the other MNF thread . . .

I thought I'd done well for myself getting the 4 1/2!

Anyone who liked and got ATL -3 1/2 might want to grab the middle. MNF's extra lead time sometimes generates a
    middle over a key number where a regular Sunday matchup wouldn't . . . (just thinking out loud).

Thanks again, Italia NYC . . .
    Last edited by Checkerboard; 09-25-06 at 03:26 PM.

scottyy11

best lines for New Orleans betters are at
    bodog +5-110
    ladbrokes has a gd line also +4.5 even

Italia_NYC

+5.5 now!

imgv94

Where can I get +5.5?

misteve
    misteve's Avatar Become A Pro!

Where can I get +5.5?
    I don't see it anywhere either, IMGV my man. Highest I see now is +5 and 45 at Bodog for one.

InSpades
    InSpades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 104

I wouldn't worry about 5.5. It is pretty much the same as 4.5.

I like the pick Gyno.

IS

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9450

I'm on the Saints as well, but took 3.5 earlier this week because I thought the line would drop. Atlanta might be improved from last year but this line surprises me. Will take NO and hope for a 3-0 start.

imgv94

Seems like the crowd will be loud!!! Remember the Superdome is one of the loudest spots in the world..

Checkerboard

U2 and Green Day Open the SuperDome Pre-Game

Seems like the crowd will be loud!!! Remember the Superdome is one of the loudest spots in the world..
    place is gonna be pumped imgv94!

Italia_NYC

I would really hate to be in Atlanta's position right now. I mean are you watching this? The Falcons have to be saying to themselves, "Why?...Why did the NFL make us the first team to play the Saints at home?". LOL.....They have some serious adversity to overcome. And should they win; will they feel bad about it on the way home? Just not a great position to be in for Atlanta.

Checkerboard

Seattle Slew: I Think You'll Be Okay With 3 1/2 . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Slew
    I'm on the Saints as well, but took 3.5 earlier this week because I thought the line would drop. Atlanta might be improved from last year but this line surprises me. Will take NO and hope for a 3-0 start.
    I got a +4 1/2 . . . I'm tempted to go with imgv94 (NO on the ML) but I'm too timid . . . I'm hoping the point difference works out for you ~ GL Seattle Slew . . .

imgv94

Saints win 24-20 that is my prediction..

Italia_NYC

Forget it. Atlanta doesn't have a chance.

Peyton2MarvinN06
    Peyton2MarvinN06's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am soo mad! I played the under for the first half 21.5. Dumbass decides to pick up a personal foul with 20 seconds left in the half and i guess John Carney makes a 51 yarder as time expires to take the total to 23. Sweet luck I am havin this week!

r2d2
    r2d2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 488

Geaux Saints!!! Just win baby, just win (oh, and please the total be under 44 1/2). That would make me happy

r2d2

Yeah baby, saints 20-3 at half. Lookin good for the post katrina sympathy vote. and the refs aren't even homering to bad so far!

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

I'm just going to go ahead and stick my foot in my mouth.
    Boy was I wrong on this game... I know there's a half to play, but it's pretty clear it's over.

Good pick on the Saints.

Jay Edgar
    Jay Edgar's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Peyton2MarvinN06
    I am soo mad! I played the under for the first half 21.5. Dumbass decides to pick up a personal foul with 20 seconds left in the half and i guess John Carney makes a 51 yarder as time expires to take the total to 23. Sweet luck I am havin this week!
    That was a tough beat for our first half under. But we were living on borrowed time for what seemed like forever.

Saints special teams put us in a jam in the first 90 seconds, then almost let us steal it with the blocked FG in the last 2 mins.

Great call, Saints bettors. So far. I too felt they would be jacked, but didn't trust them to sustain it. Now, obviously, I regret it.

imgv94

I just put a dab on ATL -5 -105... LOL!!!

imgv94

ADDING:

Lets get that doggy!!!!

r2d2

yeah baby!!! geaux saints! got a nice 2 unit ml play on the saints, got a nice 1 unit parlay play on saints +4 and the under 44.5!!!! 2-0 on monday nights after the jax win last week. Lets hope the streak keeps up on monday night (and saturday and sunday!!!!!!!). Cheers to all, wish i was on bourbon street right now. that town is corkin off right now.

12 Last