chargers4222
    chargers4222's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8926

The Detroit Lions Will NOT Make the Playoffs

A couple years ago when the Chiefs had their run to the playoffs I posted a similar thread predicting their success. This year, I am going against a public darling who everybody seems to think has turned the corner. Detroit had a very easy schedule to start last year and the Cowboys game was either fixed or a fluke. Chicago will be a force in the NFC this year and GB will be even better than last year. Schwartz is in the bottom 6 as far as head coaches in the league and teams will figure out how to keep the ball out of CJ's hands. Lions will finish 7-9 and take a step back in their development.

NFC Playoffs:
    1: GB
    2: ATL
    3: DAL
    4: SF
    5: CHI
    6: PHI

Quake
    Quake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Judging by all their offseason issues and that divisions strength I'd say that's a pretty good call

Stevedore
    Stevedore's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4435

Probably one of the dumbest teams in the league, talented for sure, but way to many penalties; could see them missing the dance this year.

chargers4222

if you take away CJ, i'd take the rams offense over the lions. leshoure on drugs, best with injury after injury. stafford gets season-ending injuries when he sneezes and the offensive line is old and hobbled, though i do like Reiff. and don't get me started on the detroit lions defense..... will make a lot of money fading them this year

darrell74
    darrell74's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19428

not the most edgiest call i've seen

chargers4222

how is this for edgy....i guarantee the dallas cowboys win the super bowl this year. tony romo's coronation and inevitable acceptance into elitism. dez bryant will be the most productive receiver in the league

Quake
    Quake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Now that is definitely an edgy call. If Romo plays to his full potential it could happen

a4u2fear
    TEASE IT
    a4u2fear's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 35459

Chiefs were in a crap division, Lions will be back, that's what a really good QB gets you.

Its probably a good percentage that 3 teams you posted don't make it

chargers4222

well, every year at least 6 teams that made the playoffs in the prior season do not make it the next year, which averages out to 3 NFC teams that will swap places. i think the giants will struggle (especially with nicks doomed to miss time) and barely miss at 8-8 which will open the door for dallas to win the division. as i said, lions will not make it which opens the door for chicago and the saints (though i LOVE them week 1) may struggle to get to 7-9. too much controversy and payton is the reason brees has so many open receivers

chargers4222

a4u2fear, besides alex smith, what QB of the teams i posted is not better than stafford? and do not say jay cutler because stats do not begin to describe jay cutler's talent. he has had the same talent on offensive line as david carr and still produces. i don't want to make a direct comparison as david carr's texans were truly atrocious as a whole but you catch my drift

chargers4222

on a related note, i find it hysterical that people question jay cutler's competitiveness and enthusiasm. the guy has diabetes, god forbid he seems lethargic in a playoff game where he suffers an injury that disallows him from entering the game while being blown out by a 6 seed. i've seen jay cutler produce some of the most magical 4th quarters of any qb outside the Big 5 (Aaron, Tom, Peyton, Ben, Drew) with infinitely less talent around him

Huego
    Huego's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4877

nice post man, i agree with you 100% on the lions. Schwartz is a sh!t coach. I can't wait until week 2 when the lions visit SF. Taking the 49ers to the bank.

a4u2fear
    TEASE IT

Quote Originally Posted by chargers4222 View Post
    a4u2fear, besides alex smith, what QB of the teams i posted is not better than stafford? and do not say jay cutler because stats do not begin to describe jay cutler's talent. he has had the same talent on offensive line as david carr and still produces. i don't want to make a direct comparison as david carr's texans were truly atrocious as a whole but you catch my drift
    a lot of cutlers success has been derived through their defense. It's not exactly that I think Stafford is better than any of the QBs you posted, but the fact that his stock is on the rise. Detroit won with pretty much just CJ and Stafford last year and the other teams like Dallas and Philadelphia keep staggering or making dumb mistakes in games causing them to lose close games. Atlanta seems to be the team that consistently wins 10 games but never really makes a run at being a great team.

a4u2fear
    TEASE IT

Probably didn't answer your question well, but I'll be back

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

how is this for edgy....i guarantee the dallas cowboys win the super bowl this year. tony romo's coronation and inevitable acceptance into elitism. dez bryant will be the most productive receiver in the league

Helluva prediction. Definitely something to think about. Cowboys always seem to melt under big game pressure, though.

makaveli66
    makaveli66's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Detroit Lions will make the playoffs in 2015.

a4u2fear
    TEASE IT

chargers4222

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    Helluva prediction. Definitely something to think about. Cowboys always seem to melt under big game pressure, though.
    so did LeBron

slacker00

so did LeBron
    I was with you until you brought the NBA into it, lol. Let's say Peyton Manning instead, eh?

chargers4222

true but the point i was mainly trying to make is champions usually have a go around or two where they "melt under pressure". Romo is established now and the NFL knows they will be good, which is why you see so many topics about him on First Take and ESPN.com. it is the Cowboys' year

slacker00

true but the point i was mainly trying to make is champions usually have a go around or two where they "melt under pressure". Romo is established now and the NFL knows they will be good, which is why you see so many topics about him on First Take and ESPN.com. it is the Cowboys' year
    Ahh, the kiss of death. The only thing worse is the Madden cover. But, to be fair, the Cowboys are overhyped every year by ESPN.

4TH AND STUPID
    best NFL capper at SBR
    4TH AND STUPID's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1990

stafford, calvin johnson, and 1000 growing young pieces on the chess board. made the playoffs last year and put up a solid fight against the saints on the road despite a lot of bad calls.

now one year more experienced, still young, and hungry, and you make a stupid thread with some unnecessary and bullshit prediction based on the remains of some hype of offseason away from the field events.

one of the worst posters in sbr hands down

slacker00

Chargers4222, out of curiousity, who do you take: Romo or Stafford? I gotta be honest, I'd go with Stafford.

isotopes
    isotopes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

Giants will make the playoffs, Dallas will fall short. It's just how it goes in the NFC East, coughlin and Eli get it done and Jerry Jones and Romo always find a way to blow it. However, Dallas will make the playoffs over the Eagles, it will be interesting to see how well Vick holds up this year, he is always hurt.

I think your right about Detroit but it was fun having them winning games. The fans of Detroit deserved to have a good season after how horrible they were the past decade.

chargers4222

all of these arrests throughout the offseason just prove that last year was a fluke. they are not ready for primetime and have let mild success go to their head. i will contend until the day that i die that Tony Romo is a great, great, elite quarterback who suffers from overexposure and nitpicking of his every move. he lost the whole Jessica Simpson and Carrie Underwood drama and is starting to just play football. had Romo not overthrown Austin by 2 feet at the end of their week 17 game against the Giants, we could be talking about the Cowboys winning the Super Bowl last year. Stafford would be average at best without CJ.

newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9978

Agree with you on the Lions. I worry the Bears expectations need to be tempered because I think there are some things underneath the surface (contract issues with Forte, Urlacher, Briggs) - so if they make a run this year - next year may look very very different. Don't agree on Cowboys - I just don't see them being an elite team. They got a tough schedule, I think Eagles will be much better this year, @ ravens, @ atlanta, steelers, bears - they have a lot of potential losses on their schedule. Not saying they can't overcome all of that, but at least 3 months before the start of the season - it looks like a brutal schedule!

chargers4222

looking at "strength of schedule" and "potential losses" preseason is always a mistake. you might as well assume strong schedules are weak and weak schedules are strong. we see games like when the rams beat the saints every other week, not to mention the 3-6 pt dogs that win outright on a weekly basis. it comes down to what the NFL wants and who can seize the moment. this is the Cowboys' year

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

I fully agree. They only made it last year due to the injuries Chicago had. Bears are alot better now and they should get the wild card spot with GB winning the division. NO chance Detroit makes it. Also bookies got Detroit win total @ 9.5 games. The under is fckin easy money even if it is heavily juiced.

chargers4222

wow under 9.5 for Lions? Would hit it hard if I could. See it impossible for them to even get to 8-8 and the week 17 race for the last spot will be down to PHI, NO, and NYG.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

If Romo won the week 17 game he woulda won the superbowl?

Lions won't make the playoffs?

Cowboys will win the superbowl? LOL yeah ok. Romo will NEVER win a ring. Never.

chargers4222

oh so now you can see my posts big boy? i'm assuming you were too busy crying and sucking your thumb when i exposed you in your meaningless, misguided NBA posts. it is official now though, if goat milk thinks Romo will never win a ring, the Cowboys will win the next 6 SBs. thank you you worthless perpetual loser

4TH AND STUPID
    best NFL capper at SBR
    4TH AND STUPID's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1990

oh so now you can see my posts big boy? i'm assuming you were too busy crying and sucking your thumb when i exposed you in your meaningless, misguided NBA posts. it is official now though, if goat milk thinks Romo will never win a ring, the Cowboys will win the next 6 SBs. thank you you worthless perpetual loser

honest to God you know nothing about football. you're possibly and probably as bad as lakerboy.

"impossible" for lions to get to 8-8? wtf are you smoking lmao

a team with some of the top defensive playmakers in the nfl, one of the best qb's in the nfl, the best WR in the nfl, one of the top 5 TE's in the nfl, and you think they cant get into the playoffs and then you say they cant get 8 wins.

they can put up 30 points a game like its nothing and their defense will only get better and better. you're a joke.

this will be the biggest fail thread ever. you know nothing about football.

MYFOOTBALLGAME
    MYFOOTBALLGAME's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Super bowl bound

chargers4222

just keep posting them fades 4th and stupid.....you are starting your own pick thread this year right? just in case bleek slacks off for NFL and doesn't post i need a backup. you are a bookmaker's wet dream. "DUDE DID YOU SEE CALVIN MOSS THAT GUY OMG THEY GOIN UNDEFEATED NEXT YEAR". you don't want to start with me, you know this.....

slacker00

Might as well take a look at the schedule:

2012 Detroit Lions Schedule
    Week 1 : Sun, Sep 9 - St. Louis Rams at Detroit, 1 p.m. ET (FOX)
    Week 2 : Sun, Sep 16 - Detroit at San Francisco 49ers, 8:20 p.m. ET (NBC)
    Week 3 : Sun, Sep 23 - Detroit at Tennessee Titans, 1 p.m. ET (FOX)
    Week 4 : Sun, Sep 30 - Minnesota Vikings at Detroit, 1 p.m. ET (FOX)
    Week 5 : BYE
    Week 6 : Sun, Oct 14 - Detroit at Philadelphia Eagles, 1 p.m. ET (FOX)
    Week 7 : Mon, Oct 22 - Detroit at Chicago, 8:30 p.m. ET (ESPN)
    Week 8 : Sun, Oct 28 - Seattle Seahawks at Detroit, 1 p.m. ET (FOX)
    Week 9 : Sun, Nov 4 - Detroit at Jacksonville Jaguars, 1 p.m. ET (FOX)
    Week 10 : Sun, Nov 11 - Detroit at Minnesota, 1 p.m. ET (FOX)
    Week 11 : Sun, Nov 18 - Green Bay Packers at Detroit, 1 p.m. ET (FOX)
    Week 12 : Thu, Nov 22 - Houston Texans at Detroit, 12:30 p.m. ET (CBS)
    Week 13 : Sun, Dec 2 - Indianapolis Colts at Detroit, 1 p.m. ET (CBS)
    Week 14 : Sun, Dec 9 - Detroit at Green Bay, 8:20 p.m. ET (NBC)
    Week 15 : Sun, Dec 16 - Detroit at Arizona Cardinals, 4:05 p.m. ET (FOX)
    Week 16 : Sat, Dec 22 - Atlanta Falcons at Detroit, 8:30 p.m. ET (ESPN)
    Week 17 : Sun, Dec 30 - Chicago at Detroit, 1 p.m. ET (FOX)

Down the stretch, they won't have to deal with any bad weather except maybe @GB Dec 9th. All of their home games are winnable and the only road games that worry me would be @GB, @CHI, @PHI and @SF. But they seem to have a nice layout without any brutal road trips and key games (ATL & CHI) down the stretch are at home to finish the season. I'd be scared taking Det U9 wins.

12 Last