Sportsgirl
    Sportsgirl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

Sportsgirls Week 3 column/picks

Hey guys and gals, here's the link to this week's column ... and feel free to play the game, too!

http://citizen-times.com/apps/pbcs.d.../60922019/1061

Zikaris
    Zikaris's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

I must say you've stayed true to your week 1 style you make some interesting picks.

SF over Philly. I can see that happening. SF's offense is really clicking this year but it must be noted that Philly's defense is the best defense they'll have faced this year. SF really has to prove they can be consistent on offense with a win this week.

Texans over washington. I must say Houstan is playing decent football but the Skins will really be looking to get back on track and they may be able to do it with Portis back.

New orleans over atlanta. Thats the only one I really don't like. The Vick show has taken out 2 teams who were good last year. Lets be honest here. The Saints went out and spent a LOT of money to make their team better. Their also 2-0. The problem is they played two terrible teams and they barely beat the packers who could go 0-16 this year. Atlanta destroys the dreams of new orleans on monday night in brutal fashion.

New england over denver. NE barely beat the Bills, their just not to impressive this year. On the other side Denver looks absolutely horrible. I believe their still without a touchdown? Eventually Denver's offense is going to explode all over somone and I'm picking new england as that somone. Jake Plummer will turn into the Plummer of last year and never turn the ball over. So far it looks like he's trying to be like culpepper.

goldengoat
    goldengoat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

gotta disagree with a lot of those

houston sux....again. carr is not the answer. been saying it for years. he is pretty good when you give him 7 seconds to look down field.

they got blasted badly by the colts....way worse than last year

washington has not looked very good either especially on offense but if they can't beat houston then they can end any hopes for this year right after the game

houston hasnt stopped the run well and it's gonna be a whole lot of run this sunday

i like buffalo too...jets cant run

i disagree with a few others but these stand out
    Last edited by goldengoat; 09-22-06 at 12:53 PM.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I do like Denver plus the points this week.

Sportsgirl

Quote Originally Posted by Zikaris
    I must say you've stayed true to your week 1 style you make some interesting picks.

SF over Philly. I can see that happening. SF's offense is really clicking this year but it must be noted that Philly's defense is the best defense they'll have faced this year. SF really has to prove they can be consistent on offense with a win this week.

Texans over washington. I must say Houstan is playing decent football but the Skins will really be looking to get back on track and they may be able to do it with Portis back.

New orleans over atlanta. Thats the only one I really don't like. The Vick show has taken out 2 teams who were good last year. Lets be honest here. The Saints went out and spent a LOT of money to make their team better. Their also 2-0. The problem is they played two terrible teams and they barely beat the packers who could go 0-16 this year. Atlanta destroys the dreams of new orleans on monday night in brutal fashion.

New england over denver. NE barely beat the Bills, their just not to impressive this year. On the other side Denver looks absolutely horrible. I believe their still without a touchdown? Eventually Denver's offense is going to explode all over somone and I'm picking new england as that somone. Jake Plummer will turn into the Plummer of last year and never turn the ball over. So far it looks like he's trying to be like culpepper.
    Thanks, Zikaris.
    I think traveling/time change hurts Philly and the San Fran offense has been pretty prolific.

As far as Houston and Washington, my editor hates the term Redskins, so I had to pick the Texans Seriously, though, I don't think even with Brunnell that the Skins have what it takes to get it done this season; 0-3 isn't a stretch for my imagination!

New Orleans has the emotional edge and homefield advantage for the first time in over a year. NFL is 90% emotional ...

Denver stinks this season and Belichick always finds a way to get it done.

Sportsgirl

thanks for all the great comments everyone

If you try the picking game, let me know your thoughts. It's new this season and "tweaking" is an option!

Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

I have trouble going against anyone who is mostly playing large dogs...

Sportsgirl

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Justin7
    I have trouble going against anyone who is mostly playing large dogs...
    That makes two of us Justin.

I feel theres alot of value alot of times with those big dogs.

gummo
    Bearcats
    gummo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1195

I played the contest. I forget who I picked but I'm sure I didn't beat Sportsgirl. I didn't have a bad week with spreads, but I didn't pick the right dogs straight up.

Zikaris
    Zikaris's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Is there a way to check if we beat ya at the game?

Sportsgirl

Just click on my column link in the first post here and the results are posted there. Next week, so I'm told, a sponosrship has been sold with my column and the picks game, so there should be prizes for the people who beat me. Hopefully I won't stink as bad as I did this week, but I'd have to say, this week was a strange one! Wild Wings Cafe is the sponsor - anyone have one of those in their area?
    Last edited by Sportsgirl; 09-26-06 at 08:56 AM.