SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

LT Profits: Packers, Lions Over 39

Packers, Lions Over 39

Game Time: 9/24/2006 1:00:00 PM
    By: L.T. Profit Sports Group
    http://www.who2beton.com

Look for the Packers and Lions to light up the scoreboard in Detroit on Sunday.

Now we realize that the under is 5-1 in the last six head-to-head meetings between these clubs. But all of those came when these teams had a semblance of a running game.

Neither club has been able to run a lick this year however, and both teams are also struggling defensively, a combination that is very conducive to an over here. Green Bay is averaging just 83.0 rushing yards per game on 3.9 yards per carry, so the Packers will again rely on the arm of Brett Favre. While Favre still forces his passes way too much, he does have 510 passing yards in two games and he could potentially shred a Detroit secondary that is allowing 8.1 yards per pass play.

The Lions have been even worse running the ball this year, averaging a measly 42.0 rushing yards per game on a putrid 2.7 yards per carry. Quarterback Jon Kitna has performed reasonably well throwing the ball though, completing 65.7 percent of his passes for 459 yards in two games. He too could have a big game vs. a Packer defense that is generously surrendering 292.0 passing yards per contest on 8.6 yards per attempt.

Play: Packers-Lions Over 39

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

niether team can score, so how can this game go over

This game I see being one of those 20-14 type games.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan
    niether team can score, so how can this game go over

This game I see being one of those 20-14 type games.
    I was thinking the same thing, BBD. I see this game as more of a defensive struggle due to inept offenses.

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

LOL - I love the logic:
    Both these teams stink, neither can run the ball - neither can throw the ball - both turn it over and neither can play D.
    Pound the OVER!!!!

Awww, I really am on the wrong side of this.

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by McBa1n
    LOL - I love the logic:
    Both these teams stink, neither can run the ball - neither can throw the ball - both turn it over and neither can play D.
    Pound the OVER!!!!

Awww, I really am on the wrong side of this.
    The Defenses are way ahead of the Offenses for these two teams. That's what we are saying.

McBa1n
    Update your status

lol, i'm on the same page
    was just getting my weekly jib in on touts :>

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by McBa1n
    lol, i'm on the same page
    was just getting my weekly jib in on touts :>
    That's cool. I thought you were ripping on my opinion. No harm, no foul.

I actually barely skimmed the original article in this thread. It's full of useless stats and incorrect conclusions. Personally, I'm sick of these SBR tout articles. I think it reflects badly on SBR. I'd be happy to write my own article for a few of these games, which would be much more useful than what I've seen so far from the touts.

McBa1n
    Update your status

Sorry man, I would've addressed you personally if I was getting on you. I'm sorry you misunderstood.... Really.

I tend to rip the touts every opening they give me, sorry that you felt it was directed at you...
    Sheesh - when busting on tout logic goes wrong!