bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

T.O. Is Turning Out To Be A Bust

All we seen from this guy this year so far is missing training camp, because of some so called hamstring injury. He screwed up on some routes tonight, and dropped some easy balls too i noticed. Now he's out due to a broken finger, and now he's gonna miss a few games.

bmac
    bmac's Avatar Become A Pro!

He has always been a bust. Teams have to put way to much time/energy into making sure he gets a certain # of passes per game and that he is happy.... they end up diverting from game plans and and not being successful.

They will be better off with him on the bench.

rolemand
    rolemand's Avatar Become A Pro!

I disagree and here's why. He will be a big addition to the receiving corps. In the meantime the 3rd and 4th string guys got to see plenty of action in the preseason and will be all the more prepared to step up in the next few weeks while Owens is out.

Owens hasn't done anything so far, therefore, he hasn't proven himself worth the $$ so far and once he is healthy he'll be working very hard on the field to prove it. Once he gets back it'll be like a baseball team adding a free agent midseason.

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

What a shocker, huh?

freeneasy
    freeneasy's Avatar Become A Pro!

t.o.

if the cowboys dont win the superbowl this season then t owens better suck it up and start kiss'n some serious ass because he will never be a part of any team that has a chance to win a superbowl as the cowboys have a chance to do that this year and possibly next year.
    if the cowboys dont win it this year and he gets his ass traded then he will never get a superbowl victory.
    he may find himself on a team that won a superbowl in the past but after all of to's misadventurs nobody out there that has a legitimate superbowl contender for the future will want to tamper with those chances by taking on a man that has a proven history of the kind of selfish attitude that can disrupt, hurt and hamper the chances of a team to accomplish such an arduous feat. no one wants a clown like terrel owens on their team and thats what terrel owens is, an accomplished circus act

Bulldog
    Bulldog's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think T.O will be just fine...
    He'll get his share of catches and yards...
    I wouldnt cut him of my fantasy roster just yet...
    Discipline problems asside, he's still a great receiver even if he didnt show it yesterday...

freeneasy

bulldog you may not realize that you cut his throat as well

when you say 'dicipline aside'
    thats not how it works in the nfl and thats not how teams win super bowls in the nfl by saying 'all dicipline aside'
    on the contrary dicipline can never be set aside. dicipline must be an outwardly confirmed attitude on the part of each player or you will have undermindedness and disruption within the flow of a team.
    if t.o. wants to shout out his own glory then fine and if he wants to squak about this and that and talk about and down to the coachs, quarterbacks, and players on the team you play for then fine but take that weakass crap off the field and go cry in your beer when the seasons over.

Zikaris
    Zikaris's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Man I have this loser on my fantasy team to. I used to worship him when he played in SF but after the whole Eagles thing he just doesn't seem like an impact player anymore.

anthon9283
    anthon9283's Avatar Become A Pro!

What comes around goes around. The guy causes nothing but problems off the field. I'll give him credit for being a great wide receiver though...just needs to play and shut it.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

If you know somebody that drafted him high in fantasy make sure you point your finger at him and laugh your ass off.

bmac
    bmac's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion
    If you know somebody that drafted him high in fantasy make sure you point your finger at him and laugh your ass off.

Italia_NYC
    Italia_NYC's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion
    Sadly, I happen to be one of those guys. Though I can't stand him as a person, he is usually a fantasy football god. He's done squat for me the last two weeks, and last nights game proved that Terry Glen is the #1 receiver of that team and Bledsoe's first option. I think I will trade him, and start who I should have been starting all season; Burress!

Bulldog
    Bulldog's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by freeneasy
    when you say 'dicipline aside'
    thats not how it works in the nfl and thats not how teams win super bowls in the nfl by saying 'all dicipline aside'
    on the contrary dicipline can never be set aside. dicipline must be an outwardly confirmed attitude on the part of each player or you will have undermindedness and disruption within the flow of a team.
    if t.o. wants to shout out his own glory then fine and if he wants to squak about this and that and talk about and down to the coachs, quarterbacks, and players on the team you play for then fine but take that weakass crap off the field and go cry in your beer when the seasons over.

I see what youre saying man...
    It might be true... what I meant is that even if he's had some discipline issues in the past I think TO is a great WR.
    If Parcells keeps the guy in check he will put out good numbers, both real and fantasy imo.
    Not to mention he will draw double and triple coverage sometimes which should help Glenn, Crayton and others...

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Italia_NYC
    Sadly, I happen to be one of those guys. Though I can't stand him as a person, he is usually a fantasy football god. He's done squat for me the last two weeks, and last nights game proved that Terry Glen is the #1 receiver of that team and Bledsoe's first option. I think I will trade him, and start who I should have been starting all season; Burress!
    I drafted Glenn ahead of T.O. because Bledsoe feels more confortable throwing to him. When healthy T.O. is dangerous, but his antics off the feild made him too much of a liablity.

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

I don't think there's been a receiver that played with Favre or Elway that missed games with broken fingers, even though probably every receiver that plays with guys with cannons like that has at least 1 that's busted.
    I think Donald Driver has perma-broken finger from Favre.

TO is soft. You can catch with broken fingers. I wouldn't want a guy to miss games over something that isn't that big of a deal. You catch passes with your hands. Sorry to Cowboy fans that have to put up with this kind of crap. I'd lose it as a fan, that's for sure. It's part of the game.

freeneasy

yeah, i played pop warner and high school football

and i broke my wrist. not like i shattered it or anything that serious, and didnt tell nobody, but i wrapped that thing up in a wad of masking tape, practiced and we went out and played a team we had to beat that next week. we beat em, i played both ways, caught 3-4 passes and scored a td. then i went to the doctors, he put a cast on it and i cut it down to a short cast, coverd that thing up in wrist pads during practice and games so the coaches wouldn't see it, played that way for about 3 weeks then i just cut the damn thing off altogether and never went back to the doctors.
    i think coach jenkins knew all along

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

He was the #9 pick overall in my 12 man league. I'm sure glad I didn't get stuck with the guy. Hell, it's bad enough I have Moss

anthon9283
    anthon9283's Avatar Become A Pro!

Oh man I feel sorry you have Moss! I picked up Deion Branch because someone dropped him while he was holding out. He might come in handy in a few weeks. At the moment I have Reggie Wayne and Javon Walker starting. Not the best but not that bad the last 2 weeks.

JoshW
    JoshW's Avatar Become A Pro!

Still too early to tell, but he doesn't look like the TO of old.