sergfro
    sergfro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Which Fantasy Back do I start?!?

I have two spots for RB and 4 to choose from....need help!

1 point per 20 yards rushing and catching...6 points TD and 0.5 points per reception. So need to take that into consideration

I have:

Clinton Portis vs Dallas @ Dallas
    Ronnie Brown vs Buffalo
    Chester Taylor vs Carolina
    Jamaal Lewis vs Oakland

begolf25
    begolf25's Avatar Become A Pro!

sergfro,

I would go with Ronnie Brown and Jamal Lewis.

I don't think Clinton is 100% and I think the skins might struggle to run the ball. I expect Dallas to force them to move the ball through the air. Id like to see Chester perform consistantly in that offense a few weeks before I use him in your fantasy line up.

begolf25
    begolf25's Avatar Become A Pro!

This will help narrow your decision.

Gibbs: Portis will not play against Cowboys Click here to find out more!
    NFL.com wire reports

ASHBURN, Va. (AP) - Washington Redskins coach Joe Gibbs ruled Clinton Portis out for the game against the Dallas Cowboys, an announcement that surprised Portis and created yet another bizarre twist in the running back's injury saga.

"He didn't practice today. ... If a guy doesn't practice, he's not going to play," Gibbs said.

Gibbs said Ladell Betts, T.J. Duckett and Rock Cartwright will be the running backs against the Cowboys. Portis was downgraded from questionable to doubtful on the injury report, with Gibbs citing soreness from the pounding Portis took from playing in the season opener against Minnesota on Monday night.

"It's really just because of soreness," Gibbs said.

"Actually, it's in a different spot in his shoulder. He's got some soreness there that lingered and kept him from practicing this week."

When told what Gibbs had said, Portis was taken back.

"I didn't know the decision had been made," Portis said. "I thought it was a game-time decision. As of now, my bag's packed and ready to go to Dallas, unless they come and tap me on the shoulder in the near future and tell me I ain't going."

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

Following begolf on this and saying Brown and Lewis. If Portis is the least bit iffy, it's a no-brainer for the other two in my opinion.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4639

Well with that article begolf just posted, you will only need to make the decission out of the three remaining.

I would also go with Jamal Lewis and Ronnie Brown. The Raiders and Bills defense, I dont think, is as good as the Panthers. The Panthers should improve their mistakes faster then the Raiders and Bills.

MercJr
    MercJr's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree... Lewis, Brown

gummo
    Bearcats
    gummo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1195

You may want to take a good look at Taylor. I don't think he's a fluke, especially with Hutchinson(who blocked for Shaun Alexander the last few years) in Minnesota now. Also, Carolina gave up over 150 yds rushing last week.

sergfro

Quote Originally Posted by gummo
    You may want to take a good look at Taylor. I don't think he's a fluke, especially with Hutchinson(who blocked for Shaun Alexander the last few years) in Minnesota now. Also, Carolina gave up over 150 yds rushing last week.
    Yeah I like taylor....especially since a reception counts as a half point monday nights game they used taylor sort of like the eagles use westbrook (not as dramatic) But Lewis and Brown seem to be the favorites so far for me....portis is out...just scared taylor might get more points since he gets more receptions than lewis

EBone
    Washington State +140 over Wichita State
    EBone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

I would go with Taylor and Brown. Taylor because it looks to me, whether the Vikes end up good or not, that he will be the man and get plenty of touches. Brown because I think he just may be the best back in the league. Now there's a statement for ya.

E

sergfro

Quote Originally Posted by EBone
    I would go with Taylor and Brown. Taylor because it looks to me, whether the Vikes end up good or not, that he will be the man and get plenty of touches. Brown because I think he just may be the best back in the league. Now there's a statement for ya.

E

wow best back in the league? he didnt show much vs pittsburg....He wont do much as long as cully keeps F'ing up

EBone
    Washington State +140 over Wichita State
    EBone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

Quote Originally Posted by sergfro
    wow best back in the league? he didnt show much vs pittsburg....He wont do much as long as cully keeps F'ing up

Yeah, I know. It's a bit of a bold statement, especially after the Steeler game, but I think he is getting better and better. I think, by the end of the year, he is going to be the best RB in the league. Certainly premature to say that he is the best back in the league right now but I'll stick to my prediction.

E

Don Dollars
    Don Dollars's Avatar Become A Pro!

Jamal Lewis for sure. NOT PORTIS for sure.

Close call with Brown and Taylor. They will both probably have about 75 yards and a TD.

goldengoat
    goldengoat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

taylor and lewis

jesterson
    jesterson's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ronnie Brown and Jamal Lewis, piece o' cake with Portis hurt. Also, do yourself a favor and make a trade!

alta
    alta's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10359

Portis not playing.
    Carolina strong Defense.
    Play Lewis and Brown.