SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

LT Profit: Bears -8½

LT Profit: Bears -8½

By: L.T. Profit Sports Group
    http://www.who2beton.com

The Bears host the Lions this weekend in Chicago and should roll to an easy win behind their defense.

The Bears resembled the 2005 squad last week while shutting out Green Bay 26-0 on the road, and we see their devastating defense carrying them to another easy win here in the home opener.

In actuality there was a difference between the Chicago performance last week and the Bears of last year in that the offense actually contributed to the rout. Rex Grossman passed for 262 yards and the Bears added 109 yards on the ground. If they can get performances like that on a consistent base, it would elevate the Bears to legitimate Super Bowl contenders given their defense.

Now the Lions played their hearts out at home vs. defending NFC Champion Seattle last week, but the offense still could not generate anything in a 9-6 defeat. If Detroit can manage just six points at home, how is it going to score anything on the road vs. the best defense of recent memory here?

The Bears won 38-6 when these clubs met here in Chicago last season and we are looking for another shellacking this week.

Play: Bears -8½

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lions I feel are the play in this game.

The Bears are not the best cover team early in the season over the last 5 years.

JohnnyBoy928
    JohnnyBoy928's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yep... Taking the Lions as well...

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan

The Bears are not the best cover team early in the season over the last 5 years.

ivyconniver
    ivyconniver's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

What a team does over the past 5 years is irrelevant, but this i agree lions or no play.

Patrick McIrish
    Patrick McIrish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan

Agree with you Dan, no chance I am going to lay that many points with the Bears. Expecting a low scoring game, maybe very low scoring, Chicago does not have the offense (or mindset) I want to be laying more than a TD with.

Lions for me or no play.

alta
    alta's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10359

The play is the Under. Don't think the winner will score more than 17. At best a 17-13 game.

Mr Nuts
    Mr Nuts's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like the under as well 16 to 6 Da Bears

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

I'm on the Lions, taking the points.

The Bears aren't playing the Packers this week. The Lions have a legitimate defense. Grossman will look gross.

The Lions passing game is still questionable because of the WR's. Furry looked good in limited duty last week, and if Roy Williams can put his game where his mouth is, the Bears might be in a lot of trouble.