moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

Seriously, NFL = No Fun League

That taunting call on Moss was ridiculous. In that Broncos game yesterday, after the Rams got a turnover, they also got a 15 yarder for group celebration

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4579

They are also calling to many Personal foul's. You cant celebrate or hit in the NFL no more.

They might as well play flag football.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

The call on Moss was ridiculous, but it made no difference. Yesterday was another matter with that offensive interference call on the Giants. That iced the game, and got Indy backers the win.

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9590

That was such a bad call on Moss. The ref said "taunting...throwing the ball to an opposing player." That's only supposed to be on the field to a player in the game! It was the SD FG kicker. I can't believe these refs.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

The NFL hell... What about the college football new rules on celebration. Texas Tech got hosed on a B.S. call towards the end of that game Saturday night. They won't let you celebrate by yourself, and you can only celebrate with your team.

These new rules will burn some team really bad in a game one of these days, because we all know some referee will throw the flag at crunch time.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

remember when Moss wiped his butt on the goal post padding in Green Bay?...

Yoshi
    Yoshi's Avatar Become A Pro!

Funny, when there is no NFL the days are counted on the forums until when it starts again...and as soon as its there, topics like "NFL sucks" or "NFL is a rigged piece of shit" can be read again

Time to face it: Football is sooo boring, i almost fell asleep watching last superbowl.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Thank God there is betting, it is the only reason why NFL football is so popular.

fearless
    fearless's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan
    These new rules will burn some team really bad in a game one of these days, because we all know some referee will throw the flag at crunch time.
    That could be by design. The more control the refs have over a game, the easier the games are to fix.
    Last edited by fearless; 09-12-06 at 07:44 AM.

fearless
    fearless's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold
    Thank God there is betting, it is the only reason why NFL football is so popular.
    That's right! Anyone who doesn't think there are NFL team owners and NBA team owners lobbying the senate to stop the internet gambling bill doesn't realize how true that is! I've heard it said that without betting the NFL would be a no show and I think that's pretty close to true.

That's why I think the internet gambling bill has no chance to go through. It would hurt the economy too much because it goes beyond the sports teams, leagues, ESPN, etc. If sports becomes less popular, advertisers would lose big, which in turn would cause retailers to lose, on and on down the line.

moses millsap

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold
    Yesterday's game was a prime example. I think that might have been the worst performance I've seen from a team in my life. I was literally shocked when the Raiders were able to get a 1st down.

scottyy11
    scottyy11's Avatar Become A Pro!

yep what would you say 85%? of people watching that snoozfest had money on it or fantasy league players to watch. There is no way they get the ratings.

bmac
    bmac's Avatar Become A Pro!

Even being from denver (raider hater) watched and only because there was $$$ on the line.

moses millsap

My friend told me on IM last night he had Lamont Jordan and Aaron Brooks on his fantasy team. Biggest laugh of the night for me.

bmac
    bmac's Avatar Become A Pro!

ya NASCAR still owns my sundays though.... git R dun JR.

isetcap
    isetcap's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by OWNED
    Yesterday's game was a prime example. I think that might have been the worst performance I've seen from a team in my life. I was literally shocked when the Raiders were able to get a 1st down.
    My girlfriend commented that it was "the most boring game" she had ever seen.

I was looking into Art Shell's eyes and I could see him thinking, "How am I going to win a single game with this group of rejects?"

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi
    Funny, when there is no NFL the days are counted on the forums until when it starts again...and as soon as its there, topics like "NFL sucks" or "NFL is a rigged piece of shit" can be read again

Time to face it: Football is sooo boring, i almost fell asleep watching last superbowl.
    NFL is still way better than boring ass soccer. With all the flopping and bad calls and games being determined by one lucky ass goal, or by a penatly kick.

moses millsap

Quote Originally Posted by imgv94
    NFL is still way better than boring ass soccer. With all the flopping and bad calls and games being determined by one lucky ass goal, or by a penatly kick.
    I enjoyed the tension in the WC games. Agree about the flopping and calls, but it is just as bad in the NFL (calls, not flopping obviously).