Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Capping and Discussions: Monday September 18th, 2006

Post your comments and leans in this thread. If you have a play post it in the regular best bets thread. Remember, this is for comments and leans only. No results will be tracked from this thread.

Illusion

Alright guys, what are your thoughts for tonights game?

scottyy11
    scottyy11's Avatar Become A Pro!

what is the pit qb situation????????/

gummo
    Bearcats
    gummo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1195

Quote Originally Posted by scottyy11
    what is the pit qb situation????????/
    Still a gametime decision. I think Ben plays though.

John Galt1
    John Galt1's Avatar Become A Pro!

line moved from pk to pitt -3, he's playin

psycho44
    psycho44's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

doesn't matter who is playing quarterback for Pittsburgh. A 12-4 team shouldn't be a +3 underdog at home.

Pittsburgh was 11-5 last year btw.

Philavanh
    Philavanh's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree Psycho44, even though Pitt plays good on Mondays I say Jags win with the total going under.

Illusion

As of now Ben is supposed to start tonight.

scottyy11

i like the jags but hoping to get a better price

Italia_NYC
    Italia_NYC's Avatar Become A Pro!

Call me crazy, but I would think that Ben starting tonight is more of a liability for Pitt than an advantage. With all Ben has been through lately, and given the fact he hasn’t played a game in quite some time, I would expect him to be a bit rusty and not in synch with his players. Batch on the other hand, proved to himself and the team that he can win with him at the helm. He must be flying high with confidence. I’m betting heavy on the Jags tonight, and quite frankly am praying that Ben starts.

Bulldog
    Bulldog's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hey guys,

I would like Jags +3.5 if I could get it...
    Any chance the line moves that way...
    What do you guys think??

rezster
    rezster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23023

Quote Originally Posted by psycho44
    doesn't matter who is playing quarterback for Pittsburgh. A 12-4 team shouldn't be a +3 underdog at home.
    Check the Steeler's ATS record on Monday nights and you will understand why the Jags are 3 point dogs.

scottyy11

yep bill has a great mnf record.........still think its inflated though.......bulldog i would love this game @+3.5 not sure we will se it though

Italia_NYC
    Italia_NYC's Avatar Become A Pro!

Jacksonville is 8-1 ATS in its last 9 games when playing at home against Pittsburgh. This is always a tough, physical, close game with these two. It's the same-ol, same-ol, no respect for the Jag's. It is advantageous for us bettors though.

rezster

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog
    Hey guys,

I would like Jags +3.5 if I could get it...
    Any chance the line moves that way...
    What do you guys think??
    I don't think the line will move off 3, Jags could be at +3 -105 or EV at game time.

Bulldog
    Bulldog's Avatar Become A Pro!

I dont know guys...
    Line seems to be moving the other way...
    Some books have gone from +3 to +2.5...
    I might take it at +3 but Im sure not taking it at +2.5...

nosuzieno
    nosuzieno's Avatar Become A Pro!

totally:

Under is 8-3 in PIT last 11 road games. Under is 13-6-1 in JAC last 20 home games.

rezster

Quote Originally Posted by Italia_NYC
    Jacksonville is 8-1 ATS in its last 9 games when playing at home against Pittsburgh.
    Steelers are 6-0 ATS in their last 6 road games.
    Last edited by rezster; 09-18-06 at 03:17 PM.

psycho44

Quote Originally Posted by rezster
    Check the Steeler's ATS record on Monday nights and you will understand why the Jags are 3 point dogs.
    I'm not a huge fan of ATS and trends. ATS are just spreads Vegas or the bookies or whoever sets it at and can easily adjust it accordingly. Trends? There are hundred of trends that make Pittsburgh look good and than there is the trend that points to Jacksonville 9-1 ATS in last 10 home games.

What I'm seeing is a good team in Jacksonville that beat a potential Super Bowl contender in Dallas who in turn quite handily beat Washington yesterday 27-10.

Pittsburgh barely beat Miami 28-17 in Pittsburgh, a team that lost to Buffalo 16-6 and scored their only 6 points, a touchdown pass at the last quarter.
    Buffalo played without their pro-bowl linebacker Spikes and 2 starting safeties and had 4 rookies starting and managed to hold Miami to fewer points than the Steelers did on the road too while Pittsburgh was playing Miami at home. If not for the 84 yard touchdown pass to some unknown tight end, the outcome might be different.

So I say Jacksonville is the better team with the bonus they of home-field advantage and getting the points is a bonus but ml +125 looks good unless you want the comfort of a tie should they lose by a field goal.

psycho44

Quote Originally Posted by Philavanh
    I agree Psycho44, even though Pitt plays good on Mondays I say Jags win with the total going under.
    everyone seems to play the under but I think there is a record where over is stronger during MNF because the players know it's a nationally televised game and the only game of the day.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

bmac
    bmac's Avatar Become A Pro!

everyone seems to play the under but I think there is a record where over is stronger during MNF because the players know it's a nationally televised game and the only game of the day.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
    In the past this has been true, MNF games do score higher. However, both these teams have great defense and this game will be a low scoring battle in the trenches.

I am taking under 37.5 and JAX +3 and Jax +125. Should be a good one.
    I like the under-rated Jags, just like last week.

John Galt1
    John Galt1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Correct me if I'm wrong.
    dont know what the numbers are but Im pretty sure that defensive players know its a nationally televised game too

psycho44

defensive players always play with intensity. It's the offensive players that are lazy to stretch and grind for a few extra yards.

Don't forget defensive players can score a tonne too with interception returns and field advantage fumbles recoveries.

Special teams also play better. Hell when everyone plays to the crowd, they don't think to win but to impress the crowd with scoring points.

Philavanh
    Philavanh's Avatar Become A Pro!

Well verdict is in 9-0 Jags, congrats to all who won.