Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Capping and Discussions: Sunday September 17th, 2006

Post your comments and leans in this thread. If you have a play post it in the regular best bets thread. Remember, this is for comments and leans only. No results will be tracked from this thread.

pickwinners
    pickwinners's Avatar Become A Pro!

im really liking the saints against green bay this week giving up -3.5

Illusion

The Saints are -2 at Pinnacle. I never thought I would ever see the day when New Orleans would be favored at Lambeau.

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

Even more shocking with that line was the whipping GB put on NO last year. NO is MUCH improved and GB is down quite a bit.

I think, at first glance, that this is a gift line in taking the Saints.

Illusion

I really like Detroit +9 against Chicago. What do you guys think?

scottyy11
    scottyy11's Avatar Become A Pro!

i'm a little afraid of that saints game just looks to easy gonna be hard to attract any money on gb this week but i find often early in the season these obvious games win and favs that look good cover but the books get their revenge later in the year when a fav is looking forward to the playoffs and the dog is playing in its version of the superbowl.

buff /fins def not betting fins -7 but prob no bet
    balt/oak no interest
    clev/cin looking at cincy but 10.5 alot and clev almost won SU in cincy last yr losing by 3points
    carolina/minny any steve smith update
    nyg/philly hope nyg lines goes up and i will look at them

other leans jets,pitt,dallas

Wassymac
    Wassymac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Jets, Detroit are the dogs I'm definitely playing

Seattle to rout AZ is another

Also lean to Jacksonville

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Love the Giants in this spot. Philly is off an easy win against one of the worst teams in the league. Meanwhile, NYG comes in off a frustrating loss (behind 21-23, they just needed a FG, when the ref calls a phantom offensive interference). Basically, NYG played last year's best regular season team to a stalemate. Wouldn't be surprised if the Giants win this one SU.

Hoja Verdes
    Broncos Under 7.5 Wins -105
    Hoja Verdes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Horse
    Love the Giants in this spot. Philly is off an easy win against one of the worst teams in the league. Meanwhile, NYG comes in off a frustrating loss (behind 21-23, they just needed a FG, when the ref calls a phantom offensive interference). Basically, NYG played last year's best regular season team to a stalemate. Wouldn't be surprised if the Giants win this one SU.
    Agreed.

My leans have been narrowed to:

Giants +3 and ML
    Falcons -5 (took this yesterday)
    Saints -1 (yesterday as well)

Dbldown11
    Dbldown11's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like that packers straight up in this one. New Orleans while improved on offense is still bad defensively which they showed against a pitifull cleveland browns team. I find it hard to believe that the Packers will lose to this Saints team at home. Especially since their defense did not look all that bad, and their offense (when allowed to throw) looked good. I think their offensive mindset will change this week and allow Favre to throw more in early in the game when he wont force things as much, and their defense will play even stronger than they did against the Bears. Also when I factor in that Favre just got shut out for the first time in his career, plus the fact they they'll know they are home dogs to a bottom feeder in the NFL, I expect the Packers to win this one straight up.

mad
    mad's Avatar Become A Pro!

Anybody got anything on the Seahawks/Cards total @ 47. Opened at 38, so it's quite a substantial move. As a result, perhaps the under is now the way to go. Thinking Seahawks won't be as easy to put up big numbers on, as opposed to playing the 49'ers at home. Kinda' leaves it a bit one-sided in terms of scoring.
    Last edited by mad; 09-14-06 at 06:56 PM.

MercJr
    MercJr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Can't disagree more with Giants. Granted the phantom P.I. call cost them their drive, but that doesnt mean they would have won. If they were a championship caliper team, they would have held on to AT LEAST one of the interceptions they dropped in their own red zone that lead to 13 Indy points and would have been running out the clock at the end of the game. And they were home for that game, its not like they almost pulled off an upset in Indianapolis.

Maybe at the end of the year when they play again in NY, but I can't see them stealing one in Philadelphia.
    Last edited by MercJr; 09-15-06 at 02:32 PM.

MercJr
    MercJr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by mad
    Anybody got anything on the Seahawks/Cards total @ 47. Opened at 38, so it's quite a substantial move. As a result, perhaps the under is now the way to go.
    Where did the total open at 38? Lowest I saw was 46.5.

mad
    mad's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by MercJr
    Where did the total open at 38? Lowest I saw was 46.5.
    sbrodds has it as the opener. Think it might be a mistake after further investigation, but 38 it is.