RyanLeafOfBets
    Team Dexter
    RyanLeafOfBets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

Terrell Suggs out for year...

Tore his ACL playing basketball... oops.

RyanLeafOfBets
    Team Dexter
    RyanLeafOfBets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

105.7 The Fan in Baltimore reports that Ravens RE Terrell Suggs is out for the 2012 season with a torn Achilles' tendon.

ESPN's Adam Schefter confirmed the news and reported that Suggs tore the Achilles' playing basketball. He'll have surgery "next week sometime." Suggs could open the season on PUP, but the Ravens wouldn't be smart to rush him back from this injury. The Achilles' tear helps explain the Ravens' use of the 35th overall pick on Courtney Upshaw. They'll also need Paul Kruger, Pernell McPhee, and perhaps Sergio Kindle to step up. Suggs is coming off his best NFL season with career highs in sacks (14) and forced fumbles (7). No defensive player in the league was more dominant down the 2011 stretch, and Suggs was rewarded with 2011 Defensive Player of the Year honors. The injury is a crushing blow to Baltimore's defense.

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

Was just going to post this... major blow, I've seen him first hand terrorize the steelers offensive line during his career

ebbearsfb1

I heard according to nfl.com. he was doing off season drills

SpreadSniper
    SpreadSniper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7261

motherfukker am I pissed off.... whatta shitty way to start my day... Upshaw gonna get thrown to the wolves and we'll see if Kindle's cranium can take a beating this year I suppose. McPhee is poised to show of his stuff.

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

Harbaugh can focus on finding a kicker who can make a chippy and a receiver who can hold on to the football...and less time talking about the patriots

ttrace35
    ttrace35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

Hahahahahahaha. I love t-sizzle. But as a jet fan, hahahahahahaha......

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

wow, that hurts the ravens

bobby heenan
    Update your status

I understand the context of what Harbaugh said about the pats...and that's fine... What bothers me is people still buy into that shit

The pats went 18-1....won 11 games with a qb who hadn't started a game since high school...grabbed two #1 seeds and went to another Super Bowl...all after "spygate"

People actually think that not winning a Super Bowl since actually proves something...as if it's reasonable to win every game you play...especially every big game lol

ebbearsfb1

No one cares about the pats.. typical sbr..... and typical pats fan trying to justify what happened. Anyway. losing the defensive player of the year is gonna be a massive blow to that d... lewis might be the face of the d, but suggs is trouble off the end

bobby heenan
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by ebbearsfb1 View Post
    No one cares about the pats.. typical sbr..... and typical pats fan trying to justify what happened. Anyway. losing the defensive player of the year is gonna be a massive blow to that d... lewis might be the face of the d, but suggs is trouble off the end
    Ya no one cares about the pats! Lol...stfu loser...people were still talking about them on Tuesday...stay hating \*\*\*\*\*\*...taping teams signals was not illegal at the time...it was where they filmed them from that was not permitted....and people around the game with common sense said there was really not much the pats could do with it anyways... People who cried were losers like yourself and guys who lost games to them....Little hint for you peons... They've still been winning alot of games since

freeVICK
    freeVICK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6483

Suggs >>> ray

ebbearsfb1

Hahahaahah... you come into a thread about terrell suggs talking about the pats... hahaha right but I'm a loser... why you getting so mad an offensive? I didn't bring up spy gate you did.. I'm not even a ravens fan, and no one before you even mentioned the pats or spy gate... hahaha did you not read the rest of the thread, or did you just wanna come in here shouting about the pats and spy gate?

ebbearsfb1

And losers like myself? Last I checked I'm not a member of a nfl team. Sounds like someone is a little sore from two giant superbowl wins.. on top of that I'm a steeler fan, steelers 2 superbowls since the pats last won one... but im a loser? Right

bobby heenan
    Update your status

And losers like myself? Last I checked I'm not a member of a nfl team. Sounds like someone is a little sore from two giant superbowl wins.. on top of that I'm a steeler fan, steelers 2 superbowls since the pats last won one... but im a loser? Right
    You absolutely are

Look at today's news...now go back to Tuesday headlines...I realize u are dumb as ****...but I'm certain even you can find a correlation an understand why I'm mentioning "spygate"

Thanks for your time

ebbearsfb1

hahahahah right... is terrell suggs named john harbaugh? Guess you can't read the thread title is terrell suggs out for year... nothing with spy gate or johnny boy in this thread... so thanks for wasting my time... hahaha what a clown.. go into the bounty scandal threads, or a thread about harbaugh... nope you lose with no common sense... by the way giants 2 pats 0... hahahah

ebbearsfb1

No mention of the pats in any terrell suggs articles I'm reading...

bobby heenan
    Update your status

hahahahah right... is terrell suggs named john harbaugh? Guess you can't read the thread title is terrell suggs out for year... nothing with spy gate or johnny boy in this thread... so thanks for wasting my time... hahaha what a clown.. go into the bounty scandal threads, or a thread about harbaugh... nope you lose with no common sense... by the way giants 2 pats 0... hahahah
    Ur right man! No mention of the pats in any Terrell Suggs articles! No correlation! U are the man...this news ha no bearing on the team "Johnny boy" coaches!

Im so sad about being a fan/season ticket holder of the model nfl franchise...it's tough to deal with...been just a terrible string of bad luck watching the sox, pats,celts , bruins for the last decade in my 20's

Excuse me while I go find a shoulder/towel to cry on

ebbearsfb1

I am right no mention of the pats in any article about suggs today.... you want a cookie cause your teams have been good recently? Good for you, your in 20s... your maturity made it pretty obvious.... hahaha thanks for the laugh this morning.. typical sbr gotta love it

bobby heenan
    Update your status

I am right no mention of the pats in any article about suggs today.... you want a cookie cause your teams have been good recently? Good for you, your in 20s... your maturity made it pretty obvious.... hahaha thanks for the laugh this morning.. typical sbr gotta love it
    You are so righteous bro! I want to be like you when I grow older!

Typical sbr man! Everyone At sbr is so stupid! Yet I like coming here and reading what they have to say and posting

Thanks for coming here and telling us right from wrong and how to act!

ebbearsfb1

Hahahaha. Following the subject in the thread isn't rocket science... o well maybe it is for some.

bobby heenan
    Update your status

Hahahaha. Following the subject in the thread isn't rocket science... o well maybe it is for some.
    Whats the subject? Football? Are the patriots a football team? Does Suggs play for the ravens? Did the ravens coach make comments about the patriots this week?

Or is the subject basketball since its rumored Suggs was playing hoops?

Hahahaha .....sweet

SpreadSniper

Quote Originally Posted by bobby heenan View Post
    I understand the context of what Harbaugh said about the pats...and that's fine... What bothers me is people still buy into that shit

The pats went 18-1....won 11 games with a qb who hadn't started a game since high school...grabbed two #1 seeds and went to another Super Bowl...all after "spygate"

People actually think that not winning a Super Bowl since actually proves something...as if it's reasonable to win every game you play...especially every big game lol
    "You are just not terribly bright if you believe the Pats only had success because of some perceived benefit received from filming coaches’ signals.
    For there to have been a benefit prior to 2007 there also would also have had to be the opposite after 2007 and yet we see that that is not the case.
    If you still believe your own discombobulated logic that the Pats only found success due to filming signals, you are none too bright! The facts speak for themselves, though I imagine facts don’t help some of you very much.
    Patriots W/L composite: 173-51
    15-1: Steelers
    14-2: Rams, Chargers
    13-3: Steelers, Broncos, Eagles
    12-4: Colts (3x), Jaguars, Titans
    11-5; Panthers
    10-6: Raiders, Jets
    After Spygate was revealed – 2007-2011
    Patriots post-season record: 4-4
    Patriots opponent W/L composite: 81-47
    12-4: Ravens
    11-5: Jets, Chargers, Jaguars
    10-6: Giants
    9-7: Ravens, Giants
    8-8: Broncos
    Ever wonder how the Patriots could win an NFL record 22 consecutive games with only 1 player who will make the Hall of Fame?
    The Patriots went from dominating the Steelers and Colts – two teams that won and reached multiple Super Bowls themselves, to losing to the 10-6 and 9-7 Giants in the Super Bowl.
    The Patriots are relevant only because the rules changes regarding player safety have negated their inability to play defense or run the ball. They played 4 teams in all of 2011 with a winning record and were a dropped Lee Evans TD from watching the Super Bowl from home.
    The Patriots benefitted from Spygate and would NOT have 3 Super Bowls without it. They may have won games and competed, but they wouldn’t have Lombardis."

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Most of these fukks are a bust

Once signed a big contract

SpreadSniper

Quote Originally Posted by tony_come View Post
    Most of these fukks are a bust

Once signed a big contract
    Ya, thats why he had arguably the best year of his career last season and won DPOY....

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

^
    hes not playing this coming season 2012/2013

A fukk in bust in my investment

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by SpreadSniper View Post
    "You are just not terribly bright if you believe the Pats only had success because of some perceived benefit received from filming coaches’ signals.
    For there to have been a benefit prior to 2007 there also would also have had to be the opposite after 2007 and yet we see that that is not the case.
    If you still believe your own discombobulated logic that the Pats only found success due to filming signals, you are none too bright! The facts speak for themselves, though I imagine facts don’t help some of you very much.
    11-5; Panthers
    Ever wonder how the Patriots could win an NFL record 22 consecutive games with only 1 player who will make the Hall of Fame?
    The Patriots went from dominating the Steelers and Colts – two teams that won and reached multiple Super Bowls themselves, to losing to the 10-6 and 9-7 Giants in the Super Bowl.
    The Patriots are relevant only because the rules changes regarding player safety have negated their inability to play defense or run the ball. They played 4 teams in all of 2011 with a winning record and were a dropped Lee Evans TD from watching the Super Bowl from home.
    The Patriots benefitted from Spygate and would NOT have 3 Super Bowls without it. They may have won games and competed, but they wouldn’t have Lombardis."

We have no idea how bad they were actually cheating because Goodell destroyed the tapes...wonder why??

What we do know is that Belichik and Kraft were fined the maximum allowed, and the Pats were stripped of a first round draft pick.....all pretty much unheard of

Hey, when a good poker player cheats, do we just say "ahh Fukk it he would have won the hand anyway?"

Bottomline is the Patriots got caught cheating during their Super Bowl years.....We have no clue if the cheating could have been the difference on even ONE key play that allowed them to win a playoff game

When you are caught cheating, your titles are tainted.....BOTTOM LINE

rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

11-5; Panthers
    Dumbest thing I've ever read. Congratulations.

Not sure how this got turned into a Spygate thread, but whatever. Taping signals was never against the rules. The problem was with a poorly worded rule that says tapes couldn't be used in-game, during the same game that the footage was taken from. The Pats have never been accused of this, nor has any evidence come forward that they did this.

PS- teams are now allowed to film from the sideline... must've been some pretty serious cheating by the Pats, huh? LOL

SpreadSniper

Quote Originally Posted by rsnnh12 View Post

Dumbest thing I've ever read. Congratulations.

Not sure how this got turned into a Spygate thread, but whatever. Taping signals was never against the rules. The problem was with a poorly worded rule that says tapes couldn't be used in-game, during the same game that the footage was taken from. The Pats have never been accused of this, nor has any evidence come forward that they did this.

PS- teams are now allowed to film from the sideline... must've been some pretty serious cheating by the Pats, huh? LOL
    Go suck Tom Brady's c0ck.... don't forget to swallow.

SpreadSniper

Quote Originally Posted by tony_come View Post
    ^
    hes not playing this coming season 2012/2013

A fukk in bust in my investment
    ya, he's a bust

rsnnh12

Go suck Tom Brady's c0ck.... don't forget to swallow.

Great, well thought out response. Really proved your point

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10250

Too bad about Serrell Thuggs.....

ebbearsfb1

It got turned into a spy gate thread because the silly pats fan started yapping about spy gate in a terrell suggs thread...the guy isn't very bright as we can see, in trying to justify it

SpreadSniper

Quote Originally Posted by rsnnh12 View Post

Great, well thought out response. Really proved your point

there is no point trying to have a semi-intelligent conversation with ignorant Patriots fans... never ends well... last time I tried I ended up telling the idiot to go suck Tom Brady's c0ck after about an hour of frustrating debate.... I just saved myself an hour

rsnnh12

On topic- Suggs said he thinks he can return mid-season, that it was a partial tear, and that he isn't on crutches but is having surgery next week.

Per ESPN

12 Last