scottyy11
    scottyy11's Avatar Become A Pro!

have the refs been told to call more offensive pass interference?

Just seems like every game i watched today had offensive pass intereferce. Maybe i'm just pissed cause that one in the NYG game cost me bigtime.

JohnnyBoy928
    JohnnyBoy928's Avatar Become A Pro!

YEah a lot of people... but the books were probably banking on that... It was too close for comfort... but thats the name of the game... Anything can hapen in the NFL

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9450

Awful call. Just like the holding in the Super Bowl and the phantom foul on Wade in Game 5 of the NBA Finals. I wish the idiot refs would really see a penalty in the final minutes of games instead of making calls up.

That said, overall not many penalties in most of the games I was watching today until the Giants' game tonight.

Eli's crappy pass was costly, but the Giants' punter sucks, and he would have likely only kicked it to the 40 anyways since he would have been kicking from the end zone.

Vinatieri still a lock, and I knew the Colts would not pick up that damn first down on 3rd and 2.

Quote Originally Posted by scottyy11
    Just seems like every game i watched today had offensive pass intereferce. Maybe i'm just pissed cause that one in the NYG game cost me bigtime.

JohnnyBoy928

Hahah giants did have a lot of penalties.... Either way Jessica Alba automatically makes me agree with you.. hahahah j/k

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Slew
    Awful call. Just like the holding in the Super Bowl and the phantom foul on Wade in Game 5 of the NBA Finals. I wish the idiot refs would really see a penalty in the final minutes of games instead of making calls up.

That said, overall not many penalties in most of the games I was watching today until the Giants' game tonight.

Eli's crappy pass was costly, but the Giants' punter sucks, and he would have likely only kicked it to the 40 anyways since he would have been kicking from the end zone.

Vinatieri still a lock, and I knew the Colts would not pick up that damn first down on 3rd and 2.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBoy928
    Anything can hapen in the NFL
    How true, how true bud. Although, I think we see alot more B.S. type calls in the NBA though. Over the years I have seen many of strange calls in the NFL, but i've seen alot more in the NBA.

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

I know that play.
    It WAS a penalty by rule.
    Do I think it should've been? YES!
    I had the Colts;p
    No, seriously, only vets are going to get away with a 'touch' like that... In MY book, it wasn't a foul by any stretch... But by rule, it absolutely was.

If it makes you feel any better, today was called OVERLY closely in the secondary with MOST calls favoring the team that had the better record last year, or it was with a player that has 'star' or better status in the NFL.

The NFL has generally favored winners/stars, anyway, historically, in how games are officiated.
    Sorry that you lost, I do think that was a major (but not the only) reason why.

scottyy11
    scottyy11's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan
    How true, how true bud. Although, I think we see alot more B.S. type calls in the NBA though. Over the years I have seen many of strange calls in the NFL, but i've seen alot more in the NBA.
    yes dan, the NBA is by far the worst it truly makes me sick to watch it at times and i'm not a huge fan because of that.

JohnnyBoy928

Hahah thats what I said... If I played the giants I would have been really mad... but I played the colts so "its all good"...

Quote Originally Posted by McBa1n
    I know that play.
    It WAS a penalty by rule.
    Do I think it should've been? YES!
    I had the Colts;p
    No, seriously, only vets are going to get away with a 'touch' like that... In MY book, it wasn't a foul by any stretch... But by rule, it absolutely was.

If it makes you feel any better, today was called OVERLY closely in the secondary with MOST calls favoring the team that had the better record last year, or it was with a player that has 'star' or better status in the NFL.

The NFL has generally favored winners/stars, anyway, historically, in how games are officiated.
    Sorry that you lost, I do think that was a major (but not the only) reason why.