SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Seahawks at Lions - Sep 10th

Lions Good Dogs vs. Seahawks

By: Mike Rose
    http://www.who2beton.com
    The Seahawks, bet up to nearly a TD favorite on the road, could be on for an Opening Week surprise today in Motown against the Lions.

Something’s rotten with this line!

The Seahawks opened up as 3½-point road chalk and have now been bet up to almost full TD favorites.

Of all the offseason hires in the NFC North, this was the one I liked the best. Rod Marinelli is a hard-nosed head coach who is focused on instilling discipline, and he doesn’t take any BS from anyone. He was quite simply the best hire in the short list of head coaches that GM Matt Millen has welcomed to the Motor City.

The Lions roster has been burdened with untapped talent the last few years, and I believe it will finally shine under Marinelli's tutelage. The offense is sure to resemble an NFL caliber attack with OC Mike Martz now at the helm, and QB John Kitna has proven to be NFL worthy in his career. Look for the Lions offense to take advantage of the Seattle secondary that doesn’t look to be quite up to the standards of last year’s edition.

Seattle had themselves a monster season in 2006, but I don’t see them as being quite so good this time around. Sure, most of the key figures are back, but they lose some key cogs in the ground game and in the secondary. There’s always that one game on opening weekend that just has you shaking your head when you’re watching the highlights wondering how it ever happened. This could be it, and I’m going to grab all the points Vegas wants to give me with the Lions and roll the dice.

Play: Lions +6½

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4315

Very nice pick.

I watch this game, and if that Detroit defense can play like they did today, all year long. They can make some noise in that NFC North, and possibly the NFC.

I think they ended up with 5 sacks, and just about took Hasselbeck out of the game with all the pressure and hits he was getting. They also kept Shaun Alexander in check, and Seattle could never really get in into a good passing game.

The Lions killed a lot of their offensive drives with holding penatlies and just couldnt over come them.

As a Lions fan, Im happy with that Defense. They just need to get it together on the offense.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Detroit is my sleeper team this year. I was also very impressed with their defense. If and when that offense comes around I think they have a shot to win the central.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4315

Oh yeah. I forgot to mention two blocked fieldgoals by the Lions defense/special teams. They have a very good defensive line. I was impressed by the rookie linebacker Ernie Simms from Florida State.

goldengoat
    goldengoat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

i knew lions had a good D and counted on their shaky offense to do nothing but i was surprised seattle scored so few points

i thought seattle would cover