pickwinners
    pickwinners's Avatar Become A Pro!

Colts V Giants Predictions?

Right now I'm saying Peyton comes out on top.

Im taking the Colts -3 / U48

Whats peoples opinion of this pick?

rezster
    rezster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23023

Should be a good game.

Im leaning toward the Colts -3.

MercJr
    MercJr's Avatar Become A Pro!

I took NYG +3.5 earlier this week but everything Im reading points to Indy.

Indys strength (pass) is the NYG weakness, at least it was last year. The Giants main priority in the offseason was suring up their pass defense (27th in Passing Yards Allowed). They overhauled their secondary, adding R.W. McQuarters and Sam Madison at corner and Will Demps at Safety. They also added LaVar Arrington, arguably one of the most talented LBs in the league. Whether or not they can all gel as a unit in their first full game together remains to be seen.

Indys strength on defense LY (presuring the QB) was also the NYG weakness on offense. Only 2 teams gave up more sacks than the Giants last year.

Heres the trends for Indy giving me 2nd thoughts:

5-0 ATS L5 at night.
    6-1-1 ATS L8 on the road
    6-0-1 ATS L7 on grass

but the Giants are money makers too

9-3-0 ATS in their last 12 home games
    7-3-0 ATS in their last 10 games in Week 1
    13-6-1 ATS in their last 20 games overall

Despite the Eli vs Peyton hype, the Giants will try and run Tiki Barber, control the clock and keep Indy off the field. Indy didnt do much to improve their mediocre run defense and will be missing DT Corey Simon.

This is the Giants only home game before their bye week. After this they play @ Philly and @ Seattle, so even though its not a conference game, they need to defend their home field if they dont want to start October with a losing record.

Hopefully, the sold out Sunday night crowd, the 9-11 memorial, Tiki Barber and the new D will be enough to keep it close and cash my ticket.

gl
    Last edited by MercJr; 09-09-06 at 12:22 AM.