Bulldog
    Bulldog's Avatar Become A Pro!

Manning vs Manning, who will prevail???

Ive been looking around the forum and the BTP picks and I could see that most of you like the Colts in this one...
    For some reason I like the Giants at home, I think their offense is very good and they are gonna be on a mission this year... then again both of those things can be said of the Colts as well...
    Anyway, since Im not a fan of college football this is the biggest game of the week for me...
    Do you guys think the line could move to Colts-3.5 or even 4?

Zikaris
    Zikaris's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

My guess is that Manning wins

sportsfreek
    sportsfreek's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like Indi, I think Peyton is the best QB in the league. I also think the line will move to 3.5 or 4 before the game starts.

Bulldog

Quote Originally Posted by Zikaris
    My guess is that Manning wins
    You're the man Zik, cant argue with that...
    Really helped me a lot too...

Zikaris
    Zikaris's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog
    You're the man Zik, cant argue with that...
    Really helped me a lot too...
    Hehe, I'm staying away from this one but I'd go with Peyton. Unlike a normal offense they'll open up the running game with the pass without edge back there. It will work just fine.

Giants lost their best corner. You'll see tiki decline. Shockey is more of a distraction then a football player.

I can see the giants winning though, thats why I'm staying away.

begolf25
    begolf25's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ive been looking around the forum and the BTP picks and I could see that most of you like the Colts in this one...
    For some reason I like the Giants at home, I think their offense is very good and they are gonna be on a mission this year... then again both of those things can be said of the Colts as well...
    Anyway, since Im not a fan of college football this is the biggest game of the week for me...
    Do you guys think the line could move to Colts-3.5 or even 4?
    I like the Giants here too Bulldog. For a couple of reasons.

1. I think the Indy defense might take a step back this year due to a few key loses. Their defensive line is quick but small. Most of the New York offensive line is well over 300 lbs. I see NY being able to run the ball effectively against Indy. That backfield with Tiki and Brandon Jacobs is looking pretty good.

2. I really think the loss of Edge is going to hurt the Colts more then people think. Peyton made a living off of the play action when he had Edge in the backfield.

3. I look for the Giants defense to be improved this year with additions to the secondary and getting healthy at LB.

4. If Freeney is out don't look for the Colts defensive line to get much pressure on Eli.

These are just my opinions. I am leaning towards sitting out this game and just enjoying it. I have some other games on Sunday I like a lot more. GL either way you go Bulldog!

Bulldog

Quote Originally Posted by begolf25
    I like the Giants here too Bulldog. For a couple of reasons.

1. I think the Indy defense might take a step back this year due to a few key loses. Their defensive line is quick but small. Most of the New York offensive line is well over 300 lbs. I see NY being able to run the ball effectively against Indy. That backfield with Tiki and Brandon Jacobs is looking pretty good.

2. I really think the loss of Edge is going to hurt the Colts more then people think. Peyton made a living off of the play action when he had Edge in the backfield.

3. I look for the Giants defense to be improved this year with additions to the secondary and getting healthy at LB.

4. If Freeney is out don't look for the Colts defensive line to get much pressure on Eli.

These are just my opinions. I am leaning towards sitting out this game and just enjoying it. I have some other games on Sunday I like a lot more. GL either way you go Bulldog!
    Thanks Begolf and Zik, appreciate it...
    I'll never bet too much on football cause my knowledge of the sport is limited but I think if I can get the Giants +3.5 I might take a small play on them...
    But Im still trying to do some research and hear what some people that know a lot more than I do have to say...

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

Im not going to bet this game. It should be a good game to watch though.

I do know, neither will win a superbowl.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think the younger Manning will win this match up.

The Colts depth isn't what it use to be. Not to mention that they loss Edgerrin James, and I really don't feel the running game is even close to what it was last season. I know they picked up the best kicker out there with Vinatieri, but I feel that the Colts won't be the offensive juggernaut they once were.

I like the Giants on the ML in this game.

Bulldog

I dont know bbd the +3.5 sure would be nice...
    Although if you're that confident.. go for it dude...

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm on IND-3. The older brother always wins. Unless the younger brother is much better, but that is clearly not the case. (That's not my reason for being on IND though).

BigD
    BigD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1863

I will be at this game it should great I think the colts will win and cover

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

have fun at the game BigD.

begolf25

Bulldog,
    Did you end up taking the Giants? I had a small play on them and still think the Giants were the right side to play last night. They could move the ball at will on the Colts but kept shooting themselves in the foot with stupid penalties. They also has 3 passes hit their defenders in the hands that could have kept points off the board. The one Antonio Pierce let slide through his hands could have went for 6. Plus that offensive pass interference call late in the game was junk.

Oh well, that's why they call it gambling. Congrats to everyone on the Colts. They got the win last night but if their defense continues to let teams run all over them like that it might be a long year.

I thought the Jags showed me a lot yesterday the way they responded after getting down 10-0 early.

Bulldog

Bulldog,
    Did you end up taking the Giants? I had a small play on them and still think the Giants were the right side to play last night. They could move the ball at will on the Colts but kept shooting themselves in the foot with stupid penalties. They also has 3 passes hit their defenders in the hands that could have kept points off the board. The one Antonio Pierce let slide through his hands could have went for 6. Plus that offensive pass interference call late in the game was junk.

Oh well, that's why they call it gambling. Congrats to everyone on the Colts. They got the win last night but if their defense continues to let teams run all over them like that it might be a long year.

I thought the Jags showed me a lot yesterday the way they responded after getting down 10-0 early.
    I actually did take a small play on the Giants last night...
    It was weird when in that 3rd down I was rooting for Indy to make the 1st down so they could run out the clock instead of kicking the FG...
    I was watching it with a friend that had a small play in Indy and he was rooting for the Giants to stop them... crazy$hit...
    Anyway, I agree with you that NY was the right side...
    NY O line domitated and their running game was on...
    Penalties, turnovers, and missed interception chances decided that game...
    Colts need to work on their running game and their run deffense it they are gonna be anywhere near last year's team.
    Anyway, win some, lose some and the season is still young...
    Im gonna stick with the Giants as my NFC superbowl pick though...

begolf25

I actually did take a small play on the Giants last night...
    It was weird when in that 3rd down I was rooting for Indy to make the 1st down so they could run out the clock instead of kicking the FG...
    I was hoping the same thing but after watching Indy try and run the ball all night you knew they weren't going to be able to get 2 yards when they really needed it. The lack of a running game and the inability to stop the run is really gonna hurt them this year if they continue to play like that.

Im gonna stick with the Giants as my NFC superbowl pick though...
    They gotta get by my skins first I hope my boys have a good showing tonight!

JohnnyBoy928
    JohnnyBoy928's Avatar Become A Pro!

My pick also.... The skins will prevail tonight...

They gotta get by my skins first I hope my boys have a good showing tonight!