PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star
    PhillyFlyers's Avatar Become A Pro!

NFL Forcing Fans To See A Shrink If They Are Deemed "Too Unruly"

Believeland
    The Dude minds
    Believeland's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 922

Watching a game in the stadium has become pointless if your not rich and sitting in good seats anymore... At Browns stadium were not aloud to stand cuss all that good stuff.

Your almost always better off to go down to the muni lot and tailgate down there watch the game on someone's flat screen.. Instead of being prisoner in a stadium spend 10$ a hamburger and beer.. The NFL is bullshit anymore but I still love my Browns

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

i have patriots season tix in section 140......people in my section and the neighboring sections have always been real tame....I guess when you start getting up in the 300 sections things might get a little testy....but generally people in my section are pretty good to people with visiting gear...even when they go a little overboard........and sometimes, i cant lie, it actually bothers me.....im not going to do it...but sometimes im seceretly wishing someone would just unload on some of these guys(not physically) because of the way ive been treated with my patriots gear in some other stadiums

the old meadowlands was the worst....ive had some interesting days at old yankee stadium wearing red sox gear...but nothing like wearing pats gear at the meadowlands.....i was at the suzy kolber/namath game where pennington got picked off 5 times lol....i had more shit thrown at me.....plastic beer bottles, pretzels, cookies, you name it.....guys yelling threats to kick my ass in the concourses after the game.......security was actually very good to us though...they came and got us and moved us to a new section for the last few minutes for our safety....they never once threatned to kick us out or anything.....

was in indy in 07 when the pats met the colts with undefeated record on the line.....when we first got in there people were all over us....security came down and warned us(even though we had done/started nothing)....because so many people were yelling at us and i yelled back.....by the end of the game though....most of the same people were congratulating us on the win and telling us that brady was better than their boy....

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

it's an interesting problem

you want the guys that have had a couple drinks and might be a bit obnoxious to have a good time, but you also want them to be respectful of everyone else

buying a ticket doesn't give you the right to scream obscenities around my kids non-stop for 3 hours, but it does give you the right to yell a bit

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post

you want the guys that have had a couple drinks and might be a bit obnoxious to have a good time, but you also want them to be respectful of everyone else

buying a ticket doesn't give you the right to scream obscenities around my kids non-stop for 3 hours, but it does give you the right to yell a bit
    ya...i hear ya...

the funny thing is...if you go to profootballtalk and read the comments in response to their story on this.....youll find several people commenting "stop serving beer".....as if thats an actual option....lol.....they made their concession on beer years ago ....they made a cutoff point in the 3rd quarter to stop serving.....thats as far as theyll go with that.....money made hand over fist in stadium beer sales....not to mention all the cocktails that are served at stadiums now

Believeland
    The Dude minds
    Believeland's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 922

I don't really swear much, but if your kid can't handle some drunk idiot screaming cuss words left and right watch at home or go to the family section... That statement just pissed off everyone who has kids.

My whole thing is, we can't even excessively stand and cheer without someone complaining.. Some people kind of ruin the atmosphere and are just natural downers

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

Quote Originally Posted by Believeland View Post
    I don't really swear much, but if your kid can't handle some drunk idiot screaming cuss words left and right watch at home or go to the family section... That statement just pissed off everyone who has kids.

My whole thing is, we can't even excessively stand and cheer without someone complaining.. Some people kind of ruin the atmosphere and are just natural downers
    my kids can handle it
    but there's limits, and why should i have to go to the family section where i can't have a beer just because of some drunk idiot?

i do agree there are too many people that can't handle some standing, cheering, and yelling and just like to bitch and complain about other people's behavior. it's not a movie theater, and it's also not a prison riot. should be somewhere in between

GamblerSpirit
    TheCentaur, Spankie gone fishing :(
    GamblerSpirit's Avatar Become A Pro!

my kids can handle it
    but there's limits, and why should i have to go to the family section where i can't have a beer just because of some drunk idiot?
    Well, it's not like it's taking your kid(s) to a park. There's a reason why that statement was made. Just my .2 cents, but the NFL could go f--k itself.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

I've been going to Jets games since I was born.....season tickets in the lower section in the old meadowlands and we now have 2nd row seats in the new stadium.....

The old stadium was fukkin nuts man, growing up I saw so many crazy fights and everything, but the new stadium is so much more calm

I sit up in the 300 section with my cousins sometimes and even there it's pretty lame.....

I hate how jerkoff fans throw things at other fans and I hate the complete drunk retards starting fights for no reason, but damn man I want the whole stadium getting crazy loud for every damn defensive play and it just doesn't happen

Duff85
    Getting ready for Japball
    Duff85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4007

Your on the money Mike. There is no need to constantly swear and carry on - but at the same time strike that balance - have a good time don't go too far with it. I'm a Dad and i'll be keen to have a beer while taking my little girl to the game too.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Duff85 View Post
    Your on the money Mike. There is no need to constantly swear and carry on - but at the same time strike that balance - have a good time don't go too far with it. I'm a Dad and i'll be keen to have a beer while taking my little girl to the game too.
    Exactly

Get loud for your team,...talk a little shit to opposing fans but don't be a jerkoff and start fights

Reload
    Winning Aint Easy
    Reload's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14528

I think MetLife Stadium will be pretty empty after a while with this in place