TexansFan
    TexansFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 211

New to sportsbetting

I just recently found this website and have really enjoyed reading all of the posts in the NFL section. I tried to make some money last year in betting the NFL and had ok success. Obviously I want better than ok.

I am new to this and hope no one rags on me but here is my first bet.

I took a parlay of N.E. -2.5 and T.B. +4.5. I had to risk 67.00 to win 50.00. I don't know if I have good value or not but this really seemed like pretty good odds. Again, I am not experienced like most of you so go easy on me.

mad
    mad's Avatar Become A Pro!

Howdy Texasfan, nice to meet you.

First up let me say that I don't think you have to worry about people ragging on you for being new, not really the way things work here. Asking questions never hurt anyone, and as they say their is only one way to learn.

Secondly, judging by the pointspreads i think you have taken a teaser and not a parlay. As for the plays, well you'd have to think New England at home over the Bills by less than a field goal, and Tampa at home with points against Baltimore, would be strong plays. Then again it's only the first week.

If you don't mind me asking, which book did you use to make this play?

TexansFan
    TexansFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 211

5 dimes

sportsfreek2184
    sportsfreek2184's Avatar Become A Pro!

solid teaser

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

Howdy, Texansfan Welcome to SBR.

Former Houstonian myself, now living in the sticks out in the Hill Country. Best of luck to you.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

first off, let me also welcome you to the Sbforum sir

as far as teasers go I'm not too fond of those types of wagers, although the math guru's swear they are profitable. so with that being said, it's really not a bad bet persay. anytime you can move a line 6, 6.5, or even 7 points you have to like your chances.

in regards to the book you are using goes, you have made a fine choice with 5dimes. any of the books at the top of the list are top notch books as well, so if you ever feel like exploring other books that type of info is good to know for future use.

TexAg001
    TexAg001's Avatar Become A Pro!

With the first pick in the draft the Houston Texans select Brady Quinn. Just kidding man...I have season tickets so I hope it doesnt come to that. Welcome aboard Texansfan

sportsfreek2184
    sportsfreek2184's Avatar Become A Pro!

you guys need brady quinn