Flamers
    Flamers's Avatar Become A Pro!

** PITTSBURGH vs MIAMI ** winner will be _____________

PITTSBURGH STEELERS

come in kids - don't think for a second the STEELERS aren't going to win. The DOLPHINS should be fine, but CULPEPPER ain't going to win on the road like he is a whole new QB. Sure the fins are going to get yardage, but do the FIN fans think there just going to stop a QB to pass short to TE and 2-3 quick pitches to a WR? How about stopping the running game.

The DOLPHINS fans don't tell you that the secondary is extremely weak, and the LB core is extremely vulnerable. Ya they got a DL that could attack a QB, but what will it matter when the QB (BEN or CHARLIE) dumps his passes quick, and gets atleasst 1.5 sec protection behind a very good OL at least twice a qtr.

There going to stretch the FINS so bad in the 2nd qtr that the STEELERS are going to find that they won't even need a QB and run the ball the rest of the way and don't be surprised if PARKER or any RB gets 120 plus and 3 TD.

STEELERS 24
    DOLPHINS 17

but don't be surprised by the final score.

It will be 24-3 or 24-7 with 5 min to go. Maybe 24-10. At what point the STEELERS could be up by 3 scores.

Trust me PITTSURGH is pumped and the city will be all over this game like no other.

TAKE STEELERS!

HAPPY BOY
    HAPPY BOY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 800

no chance without your qb dolphins will win. Im taking miami for 5 units

miami 28
    steelers 24

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

good luck HAPPY BOY

Dr.Phil
    Dr.Phil's Avatar Become A Pro!

imgv who do you like

Flamers

If Dolphins win it will 13-6. So pick the under, cause your going to get burnt.

Steelers will win unless they get unfair calls and turnovers, that forces them to start shuffling. If Coher gets out his 2nd playcalling then the Dolphins will gain control in the 2nd half. Probably the Dolphins win 13-6 but they would have been down at the half.

Does Cowher prepare well? He either is ready for the season, or he is playing this last season like his last.

If he does then STEELERS lose 13-6, if not they win that simple.

HAPPY BOY

should be a good game to start off the season still like the fish **** gl all Hey Imgv who do u like? u seem a little low key is it because its still too early ??

goldengoat
    goldengoat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

i like the fish too

imgv94

Quote Originally Posted by HAPPY BOY
    should be a good game to start off the season still like the fish **** gl all Hey Imgv who do u like? u seem a little low key is it because its still too early ??
    I don't like anyone in the game. I have my plays ready for week one...

dcheng
    dcheng's Avatar Become A Pro!

Please cover the -5 I laid at mansion!!!

psycho44
    psycho44's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

sure Charlie Batch won 2 games that he started last year but they were against Green Bay and Cleveland. Against G.B. the guy threw for a total 65 yards of 9 completions and against Cleveland a total 150 yards of 13 completions.

He's facing a sub .500 team in Miami now at pk'em. I think Miami with Ben out, Miami has high hopes they can win this game.

I'm taking Miami that reeled of 6 straight wins last season.

Bulldog
    Bulldog's Avatar Become A Pro!

It seems like a tough game guys...
    I was hoping to find clear cut favorite amongst the SBR NFL studs...
    Its gonna be my first year betting seriously on the NFL and I want to get off to a good start...
    With Roethlisberger out and Hines Ward banged up Im kind of leaning towards Miami...
    Im gonna wait for some more imput before I make up my mind...
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts guys...

John Galt1
    John Galt1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pittsburgh in a low scoring close game

Mo
    Mo's Avatar Become A Pro!

Im waiting for the employees Beat the Prick. Whats the deal with that? Does Willie Bee or any of the mods know?
    Im gonna say the Steelers will get it done at home even without Big Ben.

Bulldog

Im pretty sure everyone knows about it but Hines Ward was upgraded to probable...
    I think he'll play!!
    Here's the story...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2572045

JohnnyBoy928
    JohnnyBoy928's Avatar Become A Pro!

Steelers will take this with no problem even giving the 1.5

Flamers

It's scary to think people would actually bet the DOLPHINS. It's a trend these people make from preseason. There not used to NFL regular seasn in months, and don't understand how it works.

Even talking about HINES WARD being out, come on. They do this on purpose. WARD did what the last 2 preseasons? what happened when he was seriously so called injured 2 off seasons ago, and then came back for the 1st game.

The Steelers aren't a joke, there the champions, and it's just like last season when everyone thought the RAIDERS were going to surprise opening night with a win over the champ PATRIOTS.

PATRIOTS won!

This game isn't even close because this game will have 2 strong defences with the STEELERS having a huge edge.

The running game isn't even close. The Dolphins DO NOT have a OL.

Special teams isn't even close. STEELERS have huge advantage.

The DOLPHINS don't even have a good team. CULPEPPER loves TE and will use McMichael probably 10 times on opening night.

With the 7th to 10th times being INTs.

DOLPHINS will be extremely lucky if they even score a TD before the 4th.

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

After agonizing over the spread change, etc - I really think you'd be nuts to betthis game.
    I favor Miami only due to Batch starting for Pitts, he's really really bad... While Pep is a real nice QB, he is prone to big turnover games.
    I don't see any bet where you're getting your money in good on this one.

MercJr
    MercJr's Avatar Become A Pro!

No player is worth 6 points!

Don't bet against injuries to star players in the NFL. It has already been factored into the line.

Miami +5 might have been a play with Batch at QB, but not at -1 (MGM) or -1.5 (Bodog).

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4567

Quote Originally Posted by Mo
    Im waiting for the employees Beat the Prick. Whats the deal with that? Does Willie Bee or any of the mods know?
    Hey there Mo.

John said its a $500 first place prize. Which ever employee has the best record, will collect that $500.

Should be fun.

darkghost
    darkghost's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10547

Quote Originally Posted by John Galt
    Pittsburgh in a low scoring close game
    I double that & agree with McBain as well. There's too many intangibles for this game for me to be betting on. That said here's my prediction anyway:

Pitt 17
    Mia 16

Flamers

Are you guys kidding me? If you wanted to bet on the STEELERS a week ago, you should be laughing now. You will get a +.5 or even a +120 moneyline.

This is perfect!

If they lose, it won't be because of the QB.

You are dishing stats like Batch only gets 80 yard passing 1 TD. your point?

Take a look at Bens stats? Not many 250 plus games, in games like this.

They just need a QB to convert a pass on a offdown, and get 100-120 yards. 0 ints, and doesn't need to even score a TD.

The running game behind the leagues best OL will do the job.

Miami has a terrible secondary, and the LB group is almost a joke.

The DL is the workhorse for the D, and forget about the DL getting after BATCH. He won't be holding the ball after the drops, guarentee ya!

HAPPY BOY

silly flamer u bet pitt u lose

imgv94

Didn't Nick Saban(Miami Head Coach)

refuse to meet the President so he could prepare for the season?

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4567

Quote Originally Posted by imgv94

You are correct IMG.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by imgv94

It was the second day of training camp so he passed on the dinner.

rezster
    rezster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23023

Steelers pull this off in a close one, 17-14.

Tricky
    Tricky's Avatar Become A Pro!

If you absolutely must bet on Pittsburgh this week make sure it's the Panthers. The Steelers will lose tonight.

TexansFan
    TexansFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 211

Although I am a rookie to this site this game feels like one of those where you just sit back with plenty of beer and just enjoy the opening game of the season.

sportsfreek2184
    sportsfreek2184's Avatar Become A Pro!

i don't see the steelers winning this one without big ben

kalmikrazy
    kalmikrazy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 283

Took Pitt -4 on Sunday after thinking line would move up and now cannot hedge since the line changed so much. Can still see this game being a FG contest at the end.

priceperheadexpert
    priceperheadexpert's Avatar Become A Pro!

Take the FISH on the $$$ line and collect..Steelers not that talented, no BUS, no Big ben..please....

DasRipper
    DasRipper's Avatar Become A Pro!

As a Viking fan, I assure you, unless Daunte going back home to Florida somehow cured him, that Mr. Pepper will account for 2 turnovers tonight, and when it happens look for Pittsburg to capitalize and use some crafty ball control...that being said, I will not be playing tonight and if I were it would be the under...good luck and good betting folks....THE NFL IS BACK

Bulldog

I was leaning towards Miami but...
    I changed my mind and took a small play on the Steelers...
    GL to all as we welcome football season!!

kalmikrazy
    kalmikrazy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 283

thank u pitt.......good thing i did not wedge.

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

Good game to watch. Real nice game to open up with.
    Pep looks a bit off from normal, but he's close. And just like a watch, he throws a bad pick in a HUGE spot... Right on time.

I'm really not impressed with Miami's secondary at all. They cost them the game. That front 7 is nice, very nice... But that secondary play was about as bad as it gets. It wasn't the scheme, either... Just horrible horrible talent back there. They won't beat anyone they shouldn't.. At least, a team with a true starting QB shouldn't lose to them.

Miami's offensive line is very lazy, too. They blew a LOT of blocks on pulls/traps and screen plays... It could be bad talent, but some of the mistakes they had were inexcusable. I know Pitt's D is very very solid (damn, Polamalu just gets better every game it seems), but a block here and a block there, you never know what can happen. Some of the missed blocks cost them first downs or created no gains. Again, it was plays that anyone in the NFL has to make... Everyone gets beat, that doesn't bother me as a bettor. It's bad talent that doesn't even come close to carrying out an assignment. I think Ronnie Brown, while young, looks like a seasoned 10 year vet who could easily run for 1,500 with a mediocre line.

I still am not sold on the Miami wagon and it being the 'end' for the Patriots.
    As well coached as they are, they have a lot of very exploitable holes. I'm nervous getting my money in on them right now, they aren't as good as advertised... But their issues COULD be fixed. until then.... not with a 10 foot clown pole, baby.

12 Last