BobHarvey
    BobHarvey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 380

Is Vince Young headed to oblivion?

The Titans signed Patrick Ramsey to one year contract today. I'm assuming he'll back up Kerry Collins. Where does Vince Young go, I mean besides the third team?

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Ramsey is not a threat to Vince Young. At best, Ramsey is an emergency safety valve in case Collins can't play & Vince melts down again. In that scenario Ramsey will hand the ball off until they sign someone off the street like Leftwich.

Cheme82
    Cheme82's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2447

Vince Young will not succeed in the NFL. He is dumb and can't read defenses. I am so glad the Texans didn't fall into the hype because everyone here wanted them to draft him after the Rose Bowl. He threw for 267 yards and ran for another 200, but just like his time at UT, his passes are for about 5 or 6 yards. He goes to his first guy and if he is covered then he runs with it. He can't do that in the pro's because everyone is so fast that he can't outrun people the way he used to in college.

I feel bad for him but he is a bust as a QB.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

He won the Titans a lot of games in his first season. He should be back, if he can get his head straightened out.