SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Chiefs - 9 Wins Tops

Chiefs - 9 Wins Tops

By: Steve Fezzik
    http://www.fezziksplace.com
    The Chiefs are in trouble this year, and they look to take a big step back in 2006 from their 10-6 record last year.

The book on the Chiefs is pretty simple. They have a mediocre to crappy defense, and they rely on their great offense to win games for them. New head coach Herman Edwards no doubt will emphasize more defense while pounding the ball, but the defense will take some time to improve.

Meanwhile, the Chief offense is in trouble. All-Pro fullback Tony Richardson is gone and key OL Willie Roaf has retired. And despite some reports otherwise, Roaf does not plan on returning. The 35-year-old Will Shields has an injured leg, and he is trying to get back into the lineup for opening day to keep the OL from even more trouble. A bulked-up Kyle Turley will attempt to hold down the line. With all these changes occuring, the Chiefs "O" was nonexistent last week managing just over 100 yards and getting shut out in the Meadowlands.

Of couse I expect Kansas City to improve its offense, but in order for them to win 10 games this year, they will need a great offense, and I'm not even sure they will have a good one based on recent developments.

They do not have an easy schedule, and many experts now feel the Chargers are the team to challenge Denver in the AFC West, not Kansas City. Trent Green is now 36, and last year his numbers fell off with his QB rating dropping from 95 to 90. Look for that number to take another sizable drop, and the aging Chiefs to take a big step backward in 2006.

Play: Chiefs under 9½ -140

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

i agree

i just can't see the chiefs winning that many games either.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

I also think the Chiefs are overrated and feel the under is the right play here.
    Last edited by Illusion; 09-07-06 at 03:49 PM. Reason: spelling

goldengoat
    goldengoat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

i agree also

big difference when big willie roaf was hurt last year

that offensive line has always been the key to their success

larry johnson is good but when the defense starts getting into the backfield with that suddenly average line then LJ is not gonna roll like last year

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I just can't see Edwards comming into K.C. and fixing this defence overnite like some people seem to think is going to happen.

the chiefs are going to run more of a ball control type offense this year, in order to keep there defense a little bit fresher. what i don't agree with is the fact that you just can't mess with your strenth of your team in that type of fashion.

Look at the halftime lines of there games, because the unders might just be the way to go.

TheGambler
    TheGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

I'm from Kansas City and I can guarantee you that they will go under 9.5 games. I have been getting my hopes up for years as a die-hard chiefs fan but the time has come to realize that the defense is absolutely horrible. If you can't figure out the Denver Bootleg offense after seeing it for 10 years straight, you have no business winning at all. This defense is horrible and I would bet my house that they will not win 9 games. I wanted to bet my house when they were favored by 4.5 over Cincy. Obviously that has moved to -2.

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

I think KC will barely make the playoffs or win maybe 5-6 games. As will all teams Herm coaches, they're close to being a contender or gum on the bottom of your shoe. I can't see them winning 7, 8 or 9 games, that's too mediocre, unless 9-7 gets you a playoff spot in the AFC, then I guess it's possible.

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

Well, we know where the SBRforum money is! Good luck guys.

Can you even get -140 anymore?