Zikaris
    Zikaris's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Zik's Picks week 1

Hey guys. I'll be posting my picks here every week. Let me introduce myself. Last year I started betting halfway through the season (first time ever). I started off with $60 and turned it into $1,230. I was over the $3,000 mark going into the playoffs. I bet big on the bengals to beat the steelers and we all know what happened in the 1st quarter to palmer's knee. In fact the steelers murdered me. I also chose Denver and Seattle to beat them.

Well the point is I was picking a very high percentage of winners before the playoffs. I don't know if it was just a run of great luck or a talent I have so I'm having a run at it this year. I mostly go with the moneyline underdogs who look good to me. Occasionally I'll throw in a favorite that I see as a lock. Also rarely I play the spread if I'm very confident in the lock (6/6 against the spread).

I'll Edit in my picks here when I make them. Goodluck to everyone this season.

Moneyline:

Cincinatti Bengals +110

New Orleans Saints +155

Dallas Cowboys +120

Oakland Raiders +130

Minnesota Vikings +190

Spread:

Philadelphia Eagles -5 1/2

Seattle Seahawks -6
    Last edited by Zikaris; 09-07-06 at 02:43 PM.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

looking forward to seeing your plays bud, and good luck this football season

Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

Going from $60 to $1200 in NFL in a year qualifies as a lucky run.

If anyone thinks they can hit 57% for a whole season of NFL (with at least 50 plays), I'd lay odds against them doing this.

Dbldown11
    Dbldown11's Avatar Become A Pro!

what kinda odds will u give me Justin? Ill hit that percentage this year guaranteed, picking against the spread. Ill post em on here. Ive got me week one picks already posted.

Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

Dbldown11 -

As a moderator, I want to help players here. I would be doing a disservice to you if I simply took your money on your expectation of hitting 57%.

If you are serious, there are tons of people who would bet against you at even odds, or even laying -200 if you make exactly 100 plays. You could probably negotiate for better odds. Post the terms of your contest, and how much you will risk, and you'll have plenty of opinions against you.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

a challenge like this happened like 8 months ago justin, and the poster fell short of that 57% mark at like 2-1

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

I look forward to your picks this season Zikaris and good luck.

Zikaris

Enjoy.

It might not be safe to bet against the chiefs but I just don't buy into their wideouts even with their strong running game. Eddie Ken has to start declining and who is sammie parker?
    Gonzo is also on the decline.

Luck fellas.

Zikaris

Eval:

Week 1 record: 4-3

Moneyline:

Cincinatti Bengals +110 Win

New Orleans Saints +155 Win

Dallas Cowboys +120 Loss

Oakland Raiders +130 Loss

Minnesota Vikings +190 Win

Spread:

Philadelphia Eagles -5 1/2 Win

Seattle Seahawks -6 Loss

Was very dissapointed in seattle and oakland. I distribute my cheddar equally to all my plays so this was a pretty good week for me. Will be shooting for 100% next week though !