mh217
    mh217's Avatar Become A Pro!

fuk u roger goodell

suspending payton for a year?, costing him 5.8 million??..costing em draft picks???...for what exactly????..NOTHING happened you fukin nazi douchebag...saints didnt end anyone's career..you are not the gestapo you old, wrinkled, power mad bitch... ok the shit is a fuked situation..i agree.. why not just fine a million and lets play ball..its a man's game..its a hitting sport..corny shit.

mighty maron
    USA Bra over 2.5
    mighty maron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 85

Quote Originally Posted by mh217 View Post
    suspending payton for a year?, costing him 5.8 million??..costing em draft picks???...for what exactly????..NOTHING happened you fukin nazi douchebag...saints didnt end anyone's career..you are not the gestapo you old, wrinkled, power mad bitch... ok the shit is a fuked situation..i agree.. why not just fine a million and lets play ball..its a man's game..its a hitting sport..corny shit.

The cover up is usually worse than the crime. What do a lot of parents tell the children? You tell me what you did..you get punished...You lie about it and I catch it it will be X times worse.

Saints organization lied about it. The NFL faces lawsuits from former players about concussions. The Commish could not be seen as soft on this crime. He cracked some heads.

Is it hypocritical...yes...do most teams do this...probably. Joe Pa got fired because he knew and didnt go to the police. Syracuse coach could not be proven he knew...he got off.

The lie is often worse than the crime when it comes down to handing down punishments

mh217

im not buying it..these are grown men playing a full contact sport, he's the commish yea but its garbage..its important to note nothing happened..a big fine would have been enough.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Does someone actually have the youtube video on the favre hit? That would be something else!!!

mighty maron
    USA Bra over 2.5

im not buying it..these are grown men playing a full contact sport, he's the commish yea but its garbage..its important to note nothing happened..a big fine would have been enough.
    Coaches will think twice.

Until the NFL outlaws incentive based contracts dealing with sacks then its lip service. Thats the original reward system. Hit the QB and get money by the contract.

PickWinnerAllDay
    I'd never gamble again for Taylor Swift
    PickWinnerAllDay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Does someone actually have the youtube video on the favre hit? That would be something else!!!
    No, but I"m very proud that the Bears put Favre out of commission PERMANENTLY

mh217

watching an nfl game is such a joke to begin with..its basically one long commercial with a game sprinkled in...plus they have all these rules about hitting a defenseless player, no one is cashing in any bounty..no one is dumb enough to do a reckless bounty hit outside of the game rules, since every hard hitting play is ultra scrutinized by the league and the million cameras and the bitch ass media..smell the coffee you douchebag goodell..its simply not that serious.

B1GER1C828
    Bostoneric
    B1GER1C828's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

watching an nfl game is such a joke to begin with..its basically one long commercial with a game sprinkled in...plus they have all these rules about hitting a defenseless player, no one is cashing in any bounty..no one is dumb enough to do a reckless bounty hit outside of the game rules, since every hard hitting play is ultra scrutinized by the league and the million cameras and the bitch ass media..smell the coffee you douchebag goodell..its simply not that serious.
    you keep saying they didnt end anyones career. They were fouled plenty during the last few years for hits, so its not absurd to think they could have ended someones career in the future.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

lot of big hits on favre this game. big hits around 3:33 and 5:25 mark. not sure if dirty, but looks like they're deliberately trying to hit him.

Last edited by face; 03-24-12 at 05:51 AM.

mh217

so you're saying an illegal hit, which would be most likely flagged and fined, and sensationalized into the event of the decade by the media, would not be a deterrent by the rules in place, but the millionaire moron players of the saints instead would take it to the next level, just to pick up a 50 k pot in a clubhouse bounty....makes sense.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

no, i don't really know what happened. just looking into it a little really, just curious. i will never know.

mh217

actually face i was responding to the guy before you, bigeric828...all im saying is its football..and until someone actually does something dirty you cant throw the book at em..nothing happened and probably nothing was going to happen..in fact once this story hit the media it guaranteed nothing was gonna happen..so if you want to hurt em with a big fine, ok i can see that..but trying to be an omnipotent douchebag emperor commish is bullshit..its like when the refs argue with the players and t em up and eject em..dude no one came to the game to see you call techs, get over yourself.

tatommack
    cowboys make the playoffs
    tatommack's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm sorry but you are looking at it from a saints fan I remember that NFC champ game think man they are getting away with a lot of late hits. From what I understand they were told stop 3 or 4 times my god what would you do if you had to tell ur kids 4 times you would beat that azz.

mighty maron
    USA Bra over 2.5

actually face i was responding to the guy before you, bigeric828...all im saying is its football..and until someone actually does something dirty you cant throw the book at em..nothing happened and probably nothing was going to happen..in fact once this story hit the media it guaranteed nothing was gonna happen..so if you want to hurt em with a big fine, ok i can see that..but trying to be an omnipotent douchebag emperor commish is bullshit..its like when the refs argue with the players and t em up and eject em..dude no one came to the game to see you call techs, get over yourself.
    The hammer was dropped not for the bounty program. It was for lying to the commish and continuing to do it. Most bosses wont tolerate blatant lying and usurping of power. That is why the NFL hammered the Saints

cboogie
    cboogie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 452

Saints fan here and i think its ridiculous, he is paying a penalty for everyone it seems. I dont think players should be suspended too. Enough is enough. I am hoping for an appeal and 8 games.

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

You don't have a bounty incentive program whether it's a joke or not, whether it worked or not. That entire thought up idea is for scumbags. It's the NFL, go out and fukking play the game and collect your millions. Complete and utter childish bullshit. Piece of shit.

Mjh702
    Mjh702's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

This punishment was WAY overboard. Ridiculous goodell is judge and jury.

eastern2
    eastern2's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by cboogie View Post
    Saints fan here and i think its ridiculous, he is paying a penalty for everyone it seems. I dont think players should be suspended too. Enough is enough. I am hoping for an appeal and 8 games.
    he probably should have told the truth when he had the chance instead of given the finger to the NFL

MC PICKS
    Update your status
    MC PICKS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 265

The saints were warned, kept doing it anyway and then they lied, punishment justified.