jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Tebow's appearance at Vegas church draws 20,000

LAS VEGAS (AP) — This weekend, the long lines, huge crowds and jersey-clad sports fans in Las Vegas were jockeying for a chance to get into church.
    An estimated 20,000 people, including one family that arrived at 4 a.m. Saturday to be the first in line, showed up at Canyon Ridge Christian Church over the weekend to hear Denver Broncos quarterback Tim Tebow share about faith and football.
    "You get bashed against the rocks sometimes," Tebow said Sunday at one of the church's four weekend services. "But when you have a relationship with Christ ... One of my favorite quotes is, 'I don't know what my future holds, but I know who holds it.' I know what my rock is. I know who's holding my future."
    Tebow has attracted immense media scrutiny for his unconventional throwing style and his outspoken Christian faith. His routine of dropping to a knee after a touchdown has evolved into a cultural phenomenon dubbed "Tebowing." He coached senior pastor Kevin Odor on how to strike the prayer pose during their interview-style talks on the church stage.
    "One of the reasons I get on a knee is because that's a form of humbling yourself," Tebow explained. "I want to humble myself before the Lord and say thank you for this opportunity. Thank you for letting me play the game I love."
    The 24-year-old talked about the Bible verses written in the eye black he wears during the game — he said he was shocked that 94 million people did a Google search for "John 3:16" after he wore it during the 2009 national championship. He talked about his teammates teasing him for not cursing on the field.
    And he discussed his visits to orphans, hospitalized children and jails.
    He visits death row inmates "just to shake their hand or give them a hug when I'm not supposed to, because the guards get mad, to show them someone still cares and loves them and that God forgives them and still wants a relationship with them. It's one of the coolest things I get to do."
    Beyond the Tebow-mania in the church auditorium and the overflow tent on the Las Vegas campus, Odor said more than 1,000 people had logged on to the church's website to watch a live feed of one Saturday night service, hailing from far-flung countries including Afghanistan and Bangladesh.
    The honorarium Tebow received for speaking at the church is being donated to his foundation, which is building a hospital in the Philippines

jarvol
    jarvol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3670

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post

The honorarium Tebow received for speaking at the church is being donated to his foundation, which is building a hospital in the Philippines

what an ego driven pompous ass is he

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    what an ego driven pompous ass is he
    why? he was born in the philippines...

another note, god loves peyton more in denver.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

I used to attend that church, and the senior pastor is a neighbor of mine. That is a class act church. Extremely laid back, you can wear whatever, good breakfast, ok band, and most importantly fast services. Church service never last more than 45 minutes.

I just do not believe in God, and have no interest in going to church,. But if my faith was ever renewed I know were I'm going for church.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

John 3:16

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Guy is a rock star

This guy would destroy Obama in a national election

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21665

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Guy is a rock star

This guy would destroy Obama in a national election
    He can't run until 2024 (unless the constitution is amended for a messiah exception)

RyanLeafOfBets
    Team Dexter
    RyanLeafOfBets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

I just don't see how people can hear this stuff about Tebow... how great of a guy he is off the field, and despise him so much. Makes absolutely no sense to me.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

I like the part about hugging death row inmates and the guards not liking it! First thought is one of this thugs shanking him in the liver mid embrace! Then I just thought of a raiders fan gaurd beating hi
    Down with a club or tazing him. Reminds me of the "no touching!!" rule in arrested development.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Quote Originally Posted by RyanLeafOfBets View Post
    I just don't see how people can hear this stuff about Tebow... how great of a guy he is off the field, and despise him so much. Makes absolutely no sense to me.
    Its not him, its the (over)coverage

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21665

Who despises him? I think a lot of people strongly believe he's a fraud as a QB, but I don't think too many people despise him personally.

griz
    FEB 2012 POTM
    griz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 607

everyone is fooled by this guy. I guarantee he is doing blow right now off a strippers ass while another one is giving him a bj

spankie
    Long Live Rodney!
    spankie's Avatar Become A Pro!

why do people believe so much in something that there's no fuking proof of?

he seems a bit "out there".

griz
    FEB 2012 POTM
    griz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 607

Quote Originally Posted by spankie View Post
    why do people believe so much in something that there's no fuking proof of?

he seems a bit "out there".
    its a high stakes gamble, spankie. they are so sure, they give up on doing a lot of the fun shit in life.
    at least when we gamble we know if we were right or wrong that night
    its called faith

spankie
    Long Live Rodney!
    spankie's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by griz View Post
    its a high stakes gamble, spankie. they are so sure, they give up on doing a lot of the fun shit in life.
    at least when we gamble we know if we were right or wrong that night
    its called faith
    yes its insane.

i call it fraud.

where is jesus??? where is god???

they are floating around in space??? in some place called heaven??? WTF?? ?

doesnt even make sense.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Psalm 2:1 Why do the heathen rage...

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

off topic, but when do you think Tim Tebow gets elected to the college football hall of fame?

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

I agree with Tebow and his choices to have given himself to Christ. We all should give ourselves to the one man than can make a difference in our lives. Jesus Christ is the only reason we even exist today. Without Christ we are nothing, without Christ we don't have a chance, without Christ we will turn into savages.....All a man needs in his life is a little bit of yay, the Bible to cradle each night and Jesus Christ.......

Smoke Cheers!

5teamparlay
    WINNING!!!
    5teamparlay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1223

Class act:

http://1045theteam.com/tim-tebow-cal...ker-car-crash/

Tim Tebow Calls Survivor Of Shenendehowa-Shaker Car Crash [UPDATE]
    By Jay Sanin Yesterday
    Earlier we told you about a Twitter campaign to get Tim Tebow to call Matt Hardy, one of the survivors of the car crash that killed two Shenedehowa students. Well, according to a tweet from Hardy’s brother Mike, Tebow has called him.

Twitter
    Amazing, Tebow called Matt. The Albany area united to help make a kid happy who could use it more than anyone by my estimation. I hope the conversation was the best Matt’s ever had.

UPDATE 9:35 P.M.: Tebow has verified the call via his Twitter account. Amazing.

Twitter, @TimTebow
    UPDATE 10:15 P.M.: The community is now looking to get a phone from Tom Daley call to Bailey Wind, the Shaker diver who also survived the crash. The Albany area continues to band together to help these kids. Twitter is indicating that Olympic swimming gold medalist Missy Franklin has called Bailey but we’re waiting to confirm.

mcduggly
    mcduggly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2401

Quote Originally Posted by 5teamparlay View Post
    Class act:

http://1045theteam.com/tim-tebow-cal...ker-car-crash/

Tim Tebow Calls Survivor Of Shenendehowa-Shaker Car Crash [UPDATE]
    By Jay Sanin Yesterday
    Earlier we told you about a Twitter campaign to get Tim Tebow to call Matt Hardy, one of the survivors of the car crash that killed two Shenedehowa students. Well, according to a tweet from Hardy’s brother Mike, Tebow has called him.

Twitter
    Amazing, Tebow called Matt. The Albany area united to help make a kid happy who could use it more than anyone by my estimation. I hope the conversation was the best Matt’s ever had.

UPDATE 9:35 P.M.: Tebow has verified the call via his Twitter account. Amazing.

Twitter, @TimTebow
    UPDATE 10:15 P.M.: The community is now looking to get a phone from Tom Daley call to Bailey Wind, the Shaker diver who also survived the crash. The Albany area continues to band together to help these kids. Twitter is indicating that Olympic swimming gold medalist Missy Franklin has called Bailey but we’re waiting to confirm.
    I am an Ohio State Buckeyes fan and HATED Tebow in college when he was at Florida. Ever since he got to the NFL he has been one of my favorite players. It's hard not to like the kid, he works so hard and is a class act towards the community.

skjjb4
    skjjb4's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1070

If more people were like Tebow the world would be a better place.I do not think he is a very good QB but as a person he is a class act.

SO FAR

mcduggly
    mcduggly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2401

Quote Originally Posted by skjjb4 View Post
    If more people were like Tebow the world would be a better place.I do not think he is a very good QB but as a person he is a class act.

SO FAR
    Why the "so far"? The guy hasn't changed since high school and he's already experienced success by winning a playoff game.

sharkbite8
    Update your status
    sharkbite8's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5129

I agree that he's a class act. He helped boost the moral and actually help with recovery for a high school football players last year. The player lost his leg in result of an injury form the previous football season.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/84...al-inspiration

I think it's says something to the way the Rex Ryan and a few others are actually treating Tebow this season. Since he's been there, other teammates have stated that the moral and respect has been higher in the locker room than the previous season. But, the people openly complaining about Tebow are the most negative people in the locker room and team.

I was never a Tebow fan in college either, and really wasn't when he was the Broncos. But, I do think he deserves more respect than what he's getting this year. With the crap we read and see daily about professional athletes, Tebow's spiritual influence and actions are very refreshing.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

So JJ gold is back?

HauntingTheHoly
    HauntingTheHoly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 483

PENETRATE Tim Tebow.

HauntingTheHoly
    HauntingTheHoly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 483

What should the line be on Tebow coming out within the next 5 years vs. 10 years?

dmtrader
    dmtrader's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2107

Just think what would happen if he visited a church in NYC

He might draw 10 people