lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7357

Any team that signs Peyton Manning for any big $$$ is retarded.

The guy is one of the biggest big game losers of all time( from college to the pros except one fluky comeback versus the pats in that AFC title game). (Beating that Bears team was not a big deal).

For the amount of money a team is going to pay him he has to bring in at least a title game appearance for it to be worthwhile. He is a career loser in the playoffs so i really dont get why any team would pay him big bucks to bring in a few more seats.

On top of that he is damaged goods. He hasnt played in over a year. He was in ONE system for over a decade.

He played in one of the shittiest divisions of all time for ages. He had incredible players like Dallas Clark/Reggie Wayne/Marvin HArrison and Edgerrin James/Joseph Addai.

Its like signing Jim Kelly at age 36. Such a waste of money.

I guess some teams dont care.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6771

still mad you bet on the Colts to cover vs Houston week 1 without Peyton Manning

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Ur saying his Super Bowl win means nothing?

EDDIE MONEY LINE
    Get duckets
    EDDIE MONEY LINE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3311

I don't know here LB...for some teams it might make a lot of sense. I've never liked the guy, b/c he has been a dominant force in the AFC. I understand the dude is coming off and only getting older, but the guy can ball and he is a coach on the field. U call him a big game loser, but he's also made a lot of game winning drives. Peyton is no doubt a hall of famer and I believe if he is anywhere near what he was before the injury, the right fit could mean danger to whatever division he ends up in. If he can get on a team with a good running game watch out....he might have a chip on his shoulder for all the shiit people been talking about his injury and the colts big dogging him like that and his younger brother winning the bowl....he might come out and just sling the fukn rock all over the place. he gets on a team say like the niners with a good d...or the broncos with a pretty good d then he could make some noise....

I wouldn't entirely count him out, but I agree spending a lot of money on him might not be the wisest decision for about 85% of the league, but some teams it might make a lot of sense short term....thats why i love this shitt, bc we will soon find out how everything plays out.

Monitor-Tan
    Tony Romo of Daily Fantasy
    Monitor-Tan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 428

Eh I dunno Eddie, I'm with LB on this one. I don't find Peyton to be a dominant player in AFC, if anyone is dominant it's Tom Brady, not Peyton Manning, his superbowl stats are mediocre at best. For a guy to be to said to be one of the best QB of all time, winning 1 superbowl (with the absolute horrible post season stat he had that post season) really doesn't speak much volume.. Also the fact that he's played in one of the weekest divisons in the NFL, and fact that he's a dome player, and he's guaranteed to play 9 games a year (since Texans are a dome as well, or more of retractable roof top I believe), not too sold on him. I find him as people call it "over rated"

Tom Brady in the other hand, hands down just might be top 3 QB of all time, I mean fact that he plays in brutal weather, in New England, Buffalo and New York, not a lot of room for good weather games... Miami + random games..

I honestly think Peyton's an underachiever.. Strictly talent wise, he just might be the best in the business, but with that talent, he hasn't produced much either.. With his talent he should've easily gotten atleast 2-3 rings by now.. and a MUCH better Super bowl stats

EDDIE MONEY LINE
    Get duckets

no doubt tom is a stud..but peyton has done all that he did with the worst defense in the nfl all those years...he didn't always have freeney...and even when he did, no one else on that defense was any good. the corners on that team couldn't cover anyone...peyton manning is a fukn savage with the football, i don't know how anyone can dispute that....i can't even believe i neeed to stick up for the guy. like i said , i'm not a fan but i respect him and consider him to be an all time great

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6771

Quote Originally Posted by EDDIE MONEY LINE View Post
    no doubt tom is a stud..but peyton has done all that he did with the worst defense in the nfl all those years...he didn't always have freeney...and even when he did, no one else on that defense was any good. the corners on that team couldn't cover anyone...peyton manning is a fukn savage with the football, i don't know how anyone can dispute that....i can't even believe i neeed to stick up for the guy. like i said , i'm not a fan but i respect him and consider him to be an all time great
    1 man wins the Super Bowl, not 11 together on both sides of the ball.

Manning had as many bad breaks in the playoffs to match as many fortunate breaks Brady has had in the playoffs. Most recent example, Ravens drop game winning td to beat Pats & go to SB, then botch game-tying short field goal. Manning... last playoff game for Colts, leads team down field & auto-Vinatieri hit the field goal to take the lead with 1 minute left...then comes the kickoff & the special teams coverage blows it and lets the Jets run to the 50... I'm pretty sure you would remember that one, made it easy for Jets to get some yards and kick their own fg to win it.

EDDIE MONEY LINE
    Get duckets

topmoron, i don't know what u are trying to say....but i know ur a manning fan so I know u must agree with me

icancount2one
    Let's go NickFolian Dynamite!
    icancount2one's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 571

lakerboy, Peyton made garbage into gold in Indy. No defense and he was in the playoffs every year. If Dungy had been able to stick around, he would have had multiple rings. I don't see why Manning doesn't retire and get into coaching with his offensive mind.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

He is a great QB, but a 36 year old with 4 neck surgeries.....The longterm complications for this is unknown but I wouldn't feel safe at all.....He could start having nerve issues at any time which will affect his arm stength, and who knows what happens the first time he takes a huge blindside hit??

Come on man, it has to be a longshot that Manning makes it through the next few years healthy

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Lakerboy i could not have said it better. Have been making the argument that this guy is not a big game qb for nearly 10 years. I think he is a good dude but this guy is simply not a crunch time qb.

mh217
    mh217's Avatar Become A Pro!

peyton is a gentleman and a reasonable man, and im sure he isnt hard up for cash...that being said of course you want to make the same as the other top qb's, its a matter of pride...but im sure he would agree to a contract loaded with performance based incentives...like him or not you must respect his his ability to call the plays and keep the defense from substituting..he's a winner and he's highly intelligent..not a bad combo.

Roto97
    Roto97's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by EDDIE MONEY LINE View Post
    I don't know here LB...for some teams it might make a lot of sense. I've never liked the guy, b/c he has been a dominant force in the AFC. I understand the dude is coming off and only getting older, but the guy can ball and he is a coach on the field. U call him a big game loser, but he's also made a lot of game winning drives. Peyton is no doubt a hall of famer and I believe if he is anywhere near what he was before the injury, the right fit could mean danger to whatever division he ends up in. If he can get on a team with a good running game watch out....he might have a chip on his shoulder for all the shiit people been talking about his injury and the colts big dogging him like that and his younger brother winning the bowl....he might come out and just sling the fukn rock all over the place. he gets on a team say like the niners with a good d...or the broncos with a pretty good d then he could make some noise....

I wouldn't entirely count him out, but I agree spending a lot of money on him might not be the wisest decision for about 85% of the league, but some teams it might make a lot of sense short term....thats why i love this shitt, bc we will soon find out how everything plays out.

I agree with what he said. Being a long suffering Bears fan, I would have been happy to have 14 years of Manning at the helm.

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    .(Beating that Bears team was not a big deal)
    Well I am biased, but that Bears def was pretty ******* good. And I guarantee you if the Colts had Grossman and we had manning. Bears would have won that game.

And there have been a number of players that have come back to play from a similar surgery.

. He had incredible players like......Joseph Addai.

I will give you all the others, however Addai was anything but avg. Only had two 1000 yd seasons in his career, and that was back in 06 and 07. And always hurt. Clark was great, but w/o Manning last year he was basically worthless.

Also if Miami signs him, they would sellout every home game, merchandise sales would go way up, tv ratings would be up for dolphins games, and I have a feeling Ross would push for a new stadium before Manning retires. So from a business perspective, that would be one hell of a return on investment.
    Last edited by Roto97; 03-10-12 at 02:51 AM.

brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Quote Originally Posted by Monitor-Tan View Post
    Eh I dunno Eddie, I'm with LB on this one. I don't find Peyton to be a dominant player in AFC, if anyone is dominant it's Tom Brady, not Peyton Manning, his superbowl stats are mediocre at best. For a guy to be to said to be one of the best QB of all time, winning 1 superbowl (with the absolute horrible post season stat he had that post season) really doesn't speak much volume.. Also the fact that he's played in one of the weekest divisons in the NFL, and fact that he's a dome player, and he's guaranteed to play 9 games a year (since Texans are a dome as well, or more of retractable roof top I believe), not too sold on him. I find him as people call it "over rated"

Tom Brady in the other hand, hands down just might be top 3 QB of all time, I mean fact that he plays in brutal weather, in New England, Buffalo and New York, not a lot of room for good weather games... Miami + random games..

I honestly think Peyton's an underachiever.. Strictly talent wise, he just might be the best in the business, but with that talent, he hasn't produced much either.. With his talent he should've easily gotten atleast 2-3 rings by now.. and a MUCH better Super bowl stats

Manning has better playoff stats than Brady

Also Brady's played much of his career with a top 3 offensive line in the league

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9617

u saw how good the colts were without him huh

If manning was on a different team he would of had 5 superbowls by now

brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    He is a great QB, but a 36 year old with 4 neck surgeries.....The longterm complications for this is unknown but I wouldn't feel safe at all.....He could start having nerve issues at any time which will affect his arm stength, and who knows what happens the first time he takes a huge blindside hit??

Come on man, it has to be a longshot that Manning makes it through the next few years healthy

People in this thread seem to have no clue how NFL contracts work. NFL contracts basically mean nothing outside of the guaranteed money - a team can sign Peyton for 4 years and 15 million a year and drop him at any time they want without having to pay the rest of his contract
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Roto97

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
    People in this thread seem to have no clue how NFL contracts work. NFL contracts basically mean nothing outside of the guaranteed money - a team can sign Peyton for 4 years and 15 million a year and drop him at any time they want without having to pay the rest of his contract
    I know exactly how they work man......What did I say there that has anything to do with how contracts work?

Nick Papageorgio
    Nick Papageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

If you know you're getting wayne give Peyton the house,the boat,the kids,the pets, the farm ect.. ect.... ect.........xinfinite. Wayne is a franchise WR for the length of his contract.

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Pm is not play football again

i would not want to make that hit and seriously hurt the guy

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7357

Quote Originally Posted by paco View Post
    Ur saying his Super Bowl win means nothing?

nice picture bud.

I saw him beat a bears team that self destructed with a shitty qb. The bears were one of the easiest possible matchups for him. IF he was so great he would not have lost to the saints.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I think the best he goes is 9-7

He actually is a big game choker and his Brother is much better in the clutch

He can help a team though because so many QB's pitiful in NFL

Monitor-Tan
    Tony Romo of Daily Fantasy
    Monitor-Tan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 428

Too much crying with, would've could've and should've..

you play with what you have.

There's no other cases to be made..

You present and arguement with facts, not with would've could've should've or your arguement is invalid..

That said, what Peyton did with those shitty Colts was spectacular..

What I'm questioning is, for the pure talent that he is, lets face it, no one can deny when it comes to PURE SKILL and TALENT, I don't think there's another guy in Peyton's skill level, it can be argued that luck or bad luck, he certainly should've achieved much more then he has thus far..

In Peyton's STANDARDS, minimum 2 Superbowl ring was to be expected out of him..

Whoever picks up Manning, that QB sitting on his ass is going to learn A LOT..

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1710

People saying Colts had no D all those years....

Pts against Overall

The only time he really had a bad D was in the first few years of his career and last year which he did not even play.

In reality he only had TWO years with a very bad D, 2001 and 1998.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1710

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    u saw how good the colts were without him huh

If manning was on a different team he would of had 5 superbowls by now
    If he was on the Browns he would have 0.

DudleyDawson
    DudleyDawson's Avatar Become A Pro!

there's no right answer to this...both sides can be argued. lets see Manning go to a stacked Texans or Niners team for 2-3 years and just watch. I agree giving him a lot of money doesn't make sense cause one good hit and it could be all over, but you know a team is gonna open the check-book and it's also about selling tickets and jerseys these days just as much as it is about winning. I think he ends up in houston-but if he were to go to san fran, watch out.

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

Pretty much what I have been sayng for years, the team had 125 or so regular season wins the last 7 years before he got hurt, they made the SB twice, lost one won one. The year they won it they had the luckiest game of all time, well maybe second to the Bills Versus Oilers back in the early 90s. Then they got to play a high school team in the Superbowl that year.

He is a great STATS guy, and regular season guy. But he isnt someone that you want if you want to win it all. He wold be great to get you there then replace in the play offs probably. Never happen obviously but that is the way it goes with him.

That is when he is/was healthy. Now he is a 37 year old guy with a broken neck and at least 4, probably more surgeries on that neck under his belt.

Talk is cheap as the old cliche goes. no team will do anything until he gets checked out by a couple doctors at least. Then once the info gets circulating about his health or lack thereof the nonsense will die down.

But everyone is desperate I guess. More than likely just to sell tickets not really in winning. Thats why you have these guys out there that get hype but cant really play all that well.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

what happened to never posting after your big 35x failure?

oh, another big fat lie like all your pretend bets.

paco

nice picture bud.

I saw him beat a bears team that self destructed with a shitty qb. The bears were one of the easiest possible matchups for him. IF he was so great he would not have lost to the saints.
    thx.
    Lb, I think the Saints Super Bowl loss was more on Sean Payton Outcoaching the other. True, Manning did fck up the last drive getting picked off. He's not worth big money now but he will make any team a contender imo

doylfish
    doylfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9799

^^^yeah, Sean Payton or Jim Caldwell? Uhhhh not even close.

DudleyDawson

thx.
    Lb, I think the Saints Super Bowl loss was more on Sean Payton Outcoaching the other. True, Manning did fck up the last drive getting picked off. He's not worth big money now but he will make any team a contender imo
    Any team a contender? Dolphins, Cardinals or Broncos? no way.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

does this clown know anything about any sports? certainly not nba or nfl.

the fact that peyton led an injury depleted team to the sb is a feat in itself. and had hank baskett held on to the onside kick, colts win handily.

paco

Quote Originally Posted by DudleyDawson View Post
    Any team a contender? Dolphins, Cardinals or Broncos? no way.
    Cardinals all day with Fitz and great special teams. 11-5

Miami, prolly 9-7

Denver, easily 10-6

broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

you don't give him big money, b/c you don't know if he will get up after being hit the first time....neck injuries are no joke.

doylfish
    doylfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9799

If you don't give him big money, with big incentives as well, then you don't get to sign him period. It's a matter of taking a mediocre team with talent and making them a playoff team where anything can happen to get to a super bowl, and the money is well justified at that point.....or the guy takes a shot and is done, or just doesn't pan out while playing the whole season, either way, said team that lays that $$$ out there probably won't do any worse than they were going to w/o manning and best case scenario leads to some pretty good results.

If worst case scenario happens then you drop his contract like a bad habit next season and it's a 1 yr mistake. The positive press you gain from signing someone like manning and the anticipation he brings due to the media and fanfare far outweighs the $20 mil or so it's going to cost to reel him in for this first season and see what's up. Granted the contract will need to be much steeper than $20 mil, but its all about the guaranteed, nothing else matters.

As an owner if you can't afford to take that kind of risk for a potential large reward then might as well sell out now, with as profitable as NFL is, $20 mil is a drop in the bucket

DudleyDawson

Cardinals all day with Fitz and great special teams. 11-5

Miami, prolly 9-7

Denver, easily 10-6
    Texans make all the sense in the world, imo. Great O line, Foster & Andre, stays in the AFC, still get gets Indy twice a year, weak division...he goes to Houston. And what about Schaub? Schaub's no Manning...so if he don't understand, cut him.

12 Last