dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

Report: Mystery team has made offer for RGIII

SI.com's Peter King confirms the Rams have already received a trade "feeler" for the No. 2 pick from a team "you would never expect."
    Let the intrigue begin. Our initial guesses are the Chiefs, Eagles, Broncos, and perhaps the Jets. Chiefs coach Romeo Crennel and GM Scott Pioli were blown away by RGIII over the weekend. Griffin told King he "really enjoyed" his time with Andy Reid, and the Eagles have a pair of second-rounders in addition to Asante Samuel and DeSean Jackson to dangle in front of St. Louis. Regardless, the Browns and Redskins remain the heavy favorites to land RGIII.

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

king troll dlunc who has followed me from thread to thread for a fukin week wants me to quit trolling?

Unreal

dlunc3

So refreshing... shoulda found this feature sooner.... enough is enough hearing fairy tail madeup stories...

anyway..

View Post Today, 04:27 PM
    Remove user from ignore listzsr
    This message is hidden because zsr is on your ignore list.

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Cleveland has the 4th & 22nd pick this year.....nobody can match that (& whatever else?) if Cleveland really wants him. KC could be a sleeper and they can put some nice talent around him too. The rest of the AFC West sucks. The talk in Indy is that Miami is in the lead for Peyton now. Peyton-Brady twice a year would be good for the NFL too.

zsr

Ethan1122
    Ethan1122's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 171

Im probably one of the few Eagles fan that doesn't want RG III. I want to win now with this team and it is built to win now. Giving up a shit load of picks and Desean and Asante don't seem worth it to me.

dlunc3

Quote Originally Posted by DerekMadden View Post
    That would be the WORST thing for his career.
    Why do you say that?

Andy Reid may have his flaws, but one of them is not working with QBs... He has made aj feely, kevin kolb, jeff garcia, mcabb, and now vick all look good in this league. Guys that have failed elsewhere...

Philly is a great place for any qb to play.. why would that be the worst thing for his career?

dlunc3

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Handicapable View Post
    Cleveland has the 4th & 22nd pick this year.....nobody can match that (& whatever else?) if Cleveland really wants him. KC could be a sleeper and they can put some nice talent around him too. The rest of the AFC West sucks. The talk in Indy is that Miami is in the lead for Peyton now. Peyton-Brady twice a year would be good for the NFL too.
    It just all depends on who draws the line... philly has a first and 2 second rounders this yr, along with obviously picks next yr and asante and djax to dangle...

Its just all gonna depend who wants him most.

zsr

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Handicapable View Post
    Agreed. The eagles dont have the assets to get him even if they wanted too at this point.

Looks like cleveland to me.

dlunc3

Quote Originally Posted by Ethan1122 View Post
    Im probably one of the few Eagles fan that doesn't want RG III. I want to win now with this team and it is built to win now. Giving up a shit load of picks and Desean and Asante don't seem worth it to me.
    I think Asante is as good as gone, and I think that is good for the team right now. DRC fits the defensive scheme better IMO. Yea losing djax would be a brutal blow, but there are a ton of options out that yea, wouldnt bring as much to the table as he does... but ones that can at least be an adequate replacement.. even a cheap replacement like a brandon llyod for a yr or two. Its so boom or bust with draft picks... just think, two yrs ago we gave up two first rounders for Brandon Graham who has done the same amount as I have to contribute to this team. I personally would rather solidify our team for the next 10 yrs with RG3, esp since he can sit an learn behind vick for a few years. Bc right now, we are screwed once Vick cant do it anymore... we are gonna need a qb sometime soon anyway... will there be a guy like RG3 anytime soon? Obviously it might not be enough, but I think djax, asante, 1st and 2nd rounders would be worth it if they could make it happen.

Ethan1122

If Shady and Maclin walk next year we will really be hurting on offense along with an old D line and a huge question mark at Saftey and LB. I'd like to see the Eagles use a first round pick on a LB and use the seconds on a WR and a DT. I would much rather add depth to positions now than draft RGIII wait 3 years and he still might not do shit.

dlunc3

If Shady and Maclin walk next year we will really be hurting on offense along with an old D line and a huge question mark at Saftey and LB. I'd like to see the Eagles use a first round pick on a LB and use the seconds on a WR and a DT. I would much rather add depth to positions now than draft RGIII wait 3 years and he still might not do shit.
    My feel is that we lock up maclin and he will be here forever.... I think we have 3 years left with shady.. Think we play out next season, then use the franchise tag on him for the next two and then let him walk. He will demand CJ money and that just wont be doable. Word on the streets that im hearing is that the eagles are looking to address DT in the first round and then pick up a free agent linebacker.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Funny how everyone goes wild with rumors simply because RG3 said he met with the Eagles. Not sure if people know this, but the Eagles and every other team with a brain meet with almost all of the top prospects for some time "just in case" as weird scenarios and player slips unfold on draft day. Teams have to know something about players "just in case."

This thing is out of control now because as soon as RG3 said he met with Philly, you have all your stupid media assholes starting to churn out trade fits in their head. Vick for RG3 straight up [as if the Rams are that dumb] and then all these fantasy packages of picks and players.

I think the Eagles will probably be a player on draft day, but I think the scenario is more likely for them to trade into the Top 10 to take some other player they really want/need.

Once free agency starts, you'll have a better idea of what they may or may not do.

Kindred
    Bitcoin=Freedom
    Kindred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 473

Eagles

gonna ever win a super bowl

Ethan1122

Quote Originally Posted by Kindred View Post
    Eagles

The worst thing about the Giants winning the SB is that we beat them with Vince Young.

MC PICKS
    Update your status
    MC PICKS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 265

True, shady and maclin are the two best players on offense even though vick and desean get all the publicity.

dice
    dice's Avatar Become A Pro!

Whichever team he goes to will likely use him as a pure passer who can scramble. Btw, he ran a 4.35 at the combine not a 4.41.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    throws off wrong foot, funny delivery, conference with no defense, every game they lost because of him, not his defense or wr's.

Can run fast with no pads on or football in his hand, big deal.

80 percent of his passes are 5 yard dump passes to his rb's and slot wr.

Had the better wr's and they will get drafted . None of luck's wr's will even get drafted, etc.

They also lied about his height, he is 3 inches shorter than what they show

Could you imagine if this was 12 years ago or whenever and they tell p manning, sorry but we have to draft rg3 over you
    Everything in this post is completely the opposite of the truth....

zsr

Quote Originally Posted by Kindred View Post
    Eagles

I'm guessing they won't make the playoffs again in the Vick era. Terrible contract. Cant stay healthy, when is healthy all he does is turn the ball over. Defense is a mess. Terrible situation everywhere.

Eagles fans still, for some reason, think they have a good team
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Kindred

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1800

Imagine this kid on the Browns. Punished by the Steelers/Ravens 4 times a year then the nice weather he's never seen for half the year and shitty WR's.

Supposedly Redskins are at the top of the list now for trades.

First 123