It’s Wildcard Wednesday and while you acclimate yourself to less words and more face time for Geno, let’s get right to a quick cruise around what’s going on in the world of sports as well as our SBR Forum’s best threads about it.

Even if Irsay lets him go… Indy is Peyton’s Place
The more Jim Irsay talks the less class I think he has left. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again—not that this isn’t echoed by 99% of NFL fans. Hey Jim, you may have built Lucas Oil stadium with your money, but Peyton Manning built today’s Colts franchise with his dedication, passion and sweat and I would pay a man 28 million for that without a second thought. Still Jim, you keep playing these games in the media saying “We want this to be his decision. We want him back if he wants to come back. We can work out the contract if he wants to work it out. It’s going to be Peyton’s call.” Hey Jim, Peyton made countless amazing calls during the games he played for you for 13 seasons, those are all the calls you need to look at to know where he wants to be. The more you talk the more it seems obvious you don’t want to pay him for all he’s done for you. Whether he healthy or not, Peyton’s shown nothing but class in representing your organization, unlike you. At this point I trust Jim Irsay about as far as Peyton Manning can throw him. In the meantime, get some inside scoop on peyton’s future from our boy ttwarrior.

Think Kobe knows who he is now?
Another night, another page in the ever-growing saga that is Jeremy Lin. Lin, who had only 9 points in the first half of last night’s game in Toronto, came alive in the second half in leading his team back from an eleven point halftime deficit. He not only finished the game with 27 points and 11 assists, but three of those 27 points came on the three-pointer with .5 seconds left with the game tied at 87 to give the Knicks a 90-87 win. And so I wake up here in NYC to tons more headlines and ESPN chatter using his last name “Lin” in cute phrases like Lin-sanity, Knicks Lin and even his self proclaimed—and pretty damn good even for a Harvard grad—Super Lin-tendo. Look I love this kid and he’s everything that’s great about the NBA right now but let’s face it, how much media attention can you give a kid. If we’d paid half as much attention to all of Asia in the late sixties as we have to this one Lin kid in the past week, we could have completely avoided Vietnam. Oh and while we’re at it, why don’t we keep the Asian theme and move away from the word Lin? If I worked at the New York Post today my back page would say another Asian Happy Ending! By the way, check out this great thread where the forum compares him to Tim Tebow and give us your thoughts.

Floyd Mayweather is an idiot
For those of you who missed it, yesterday the genius that is Floyd Mayweather tweeted "Jeremy Lin is a good player but all the hype is because he's Asian. Black players do what he does every night and don't get the same praise." Really Floyd, and don’t you think if he were black he would have gotten more attention form teams like Golden State and Houston who cut him before he landed in New York. Give Lin props for making the most of his opportunity when it arose due to injuries and a coach who loves using a point guard in pick-and-roll situations. Please Floyd, stick to what you do know and that is the sport of boxing and, lately, track and field as all you’ve done recently is run—both your mouth and from a matchup with Manny Pacquiao. We care about you weighing in on Jeremy Lin even less than we do about your weighing in for your joke of a match against Jeremy Cotto on May 5th. Anyone else think he should man up and face Pacquaio?

Geno’s Picks this Friday.. see you then