I broke it down by division. I tried to include a teams #2 QB ( so a guy like Jake Delhomme wouldn't count for Houston). Some of these guys haven't played much, and sometimes the #3 QB is a better "prospect", but I tried to look at who can fill in better right now. The main problem is that there are 32 NFL teams but there are not 32 NFL "starting QBs".

There are a number of young players getting a chance to be the franchise QBs (Christian Ponder/Tim Tebow). Some will make it and some won't. Then you have gap stoppers who aren't the long term solution but are filling in ( guys like Rex Grossman in Washington or when Jason Campbell was the starter in Oakland). Those teams had no plans to build around them long term, the coaches just want to have a vet play and then draft/aquiire the long term QB later. So if you said Joe Flacco is the 20th best QB in the NFL ( I just arbitrarily made that number up) then so what... The bottom 5-10 QB's are probably rookies, stop gaps, and guys filling in for injury. So if for example you are the 20th best "starter" in the NFL how many starters are you really better than? The answer is NOT 12 in my opinion. To say that you were better than Christian Ponder 1st year or some stop gap QB isn't saying much.

Overall

Vince Young
Kyle Orton

Bruce Gradkowski
Shaun Hill
Chris Redman
AJ Feeley
Matt Flynn
Jason Campbell
Billy Volek

NFC East
Mcgee
Carr
Young
Beck

I'll admit I don't know much about Mcgee but that doesn't matter. I'd say Young is clearly the best backup QB in the division. David Carr sucks, he can fill in for a game and complete a high percentage of checkdowns but he's an awful quarterback. Beck has the tools and could probably fill in for a few games but he needs to get better.

NFC North
Flynn
Haine
Hill
Webb

Flynn had the big game last year and the big game vs the Pats two years ago. odds are he will never be a good starter but I'd like to see if he can. Some NFL scouts like him, some don't even after the 500 yard game. Even with the two big games I'd still say Shaun Hill is the best backup in this division.

NFC South
Redman
Claussen
Daniel
Johnson

Chris Redman is the best backup in the South. I'll admit I haven't seen much of Chase Daniel and the other guys are young, but right now if you need a QB to fill in you have to go with Redman. He has filled in nicely when asked to do so. Is he good enough to go be the franchise QB of some other team? NO, but he fills in when needed.

NFC West
Skelton
Feeley
Touchdown Jesus
Kaepernick

Haven't seen Kaepernick get any NFL playing time but AJ Feeley is the best backup in the West.

AFC East
Thigpen
Losman
Hoyer
Brunell

WOW - this division easily has the worst backups in the NFL!

AFC North
Taylor
Gradkowski
Batch
Wallace

Bruce Gradkowski is the best backup in the North. He reminds me a little bit of Fitzpatrick on Buffalo, the guy has only played with crappy talent around him, I'd like to see him play with talent.

AFC South
Painter
Luke McCown
Yates
Locker

Right now I'd probably want Luke McCown as my backup for 1 game, but Locker and Yates were rookies and Yates had some success on a stacked offense.

AFC West
Orton
Quinn
Campbell
Voleck

Billy Voleck has had some good games in his career, I'd like to see what he can do with more playing time but I'd still have to say right now that Kyle Orton is the best backup. Neck Beard might even steal Matt Cassell's job from him. The guy won in Chicago with crap talent (but no stats), and he put up stats in Denver before getting cut.