will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

Kurt Warner Declares Eli not a Hall of Famer-

They played together for a year and I respect Kurt for where he came from. Uh Kurt, Eli Manning 2 Super Bowl MVP's and only 31 years old buddy. It's not always about the statistics (ask Joe Namath--more INT's than TD's)--Warner himself has only 1 Super Bowl win and 2 losses. If he want's in, he should stay silent because he's boarderline and probably in himself. Eli has many years to go.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...medium=twitter

Monitor-Tan
    Tony Romo of Daily Fantasy
    Monitor-Tan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 428

As big of a Giants fan I am, I agree.

He's improved A LOT the last couple of season and this season he really broke out..

I feel he's top class QB up there right now, but as a Hall of Famer not yet..

The thing is he's got so many years left in him that if he keeps playing like this and even improves, there will be no doubt he will be..

But as of RIGHT NOW, no. He's right near the border though.

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

We live in a 24 hr news cycle where everything that happens is the biggest, best thing in the history of man. So over reaction & hyperbole are the order of the day. After the Super Bowl, people were quick to move Eli past Peyton and on into the HOF.

Kurt's point was Eli is not HOF TODAY.

Agree he is on a HOF trajectory but if he never played another down, he doesn't get into the HOF.

Brady is in. Peyton is in.

Brees, Rogers, Eli not in today.

Absolutely nothing wrong with what Warner said. FWIW,I think KW is a borderline HOF candidate.

Hurls
    Hurls's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 663

I agree I dont know why anyone is even talking about Eli with the hall of fame, he is not injured or going to retire so let things play out.

Scorpion
    Update your status
    Scorpion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15377

Kurt is jealous because Eli has won more super bowls than his sorry ass and Elis wife is so beautiful

Kurts wife is so ugly wtf does he know

Kurt married her when he was working in a grocery store selling candy, fukking loser

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

NFL hall of fame is a joke anyway they let anyone in. Look at the guys who got in this year. LOL Bill Parcells (and I think Parcells is over rated)and Tim Brown on the list and they put in the stiffs that they did. Curtis Martin, not even close to a H.O.F. quality guy.

Warner isnt a hall of fame guy, not even close. System QB at its finest.

I dont think Eli is either, he just doesnt make mistakes so he is right in line with guys like Trent Dilfer or a Brad Johnson type. Sure he has two now, big deal. Guys are way to quick to anoint these guys into the hall of fame.

So I really wouldnt sweat it these guys will all eventually get in. Football is the hall of very good or actually, hall of anyone that was good for a couple years. Not even close to a hall of fame.

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!

Quote Originally Posted by Doc JS View Post
    We live in a 24 hr news cycle where everything that happens is the biggest, best thing in the history of man. So over reaction & hyperbole are the order of the day. After the Super Bowl, people were quick to move Eli past Peyton and on into the HOF.

Agree he is on a HOF trajectory but if he never played another down, he doesn't get into the HOF.

Absolutely nothing wrong with what Warner said. FWIW,I think KW is a borderline HOF candidate.

As of today...2 Super Bowl MVP's knocking off a legendary QB and team twice. Mastering numerous unbeliveable comebacks and Eli get's no consideration if he doesn't play another down?

His body of work right now assures him a spot in Canton (imho)

He's not like Terrell Davis--I think 8 years is enough and finish on top

p19101
    Giants!
    p19101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Huge Giants fan and Eli fan, but I also tend to agree with Warner. Eli needs 2-3 more seasons like this one where he has great stats. But when all is said and done I'm positive he'll be a first ballot HOFer. Eli has many years left of his career unless something unexpected happens. Warner on the other side might not get in anytime soon.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Warner right but if Eli has some good future years he is in

does not have to win anymore superbowls though

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!

Quote Originally Posted by p19101 View Post
    Huge Giants fan and Eli fan, but I also tend to agree with Warner. Eli needs 2-3 more seasons like this one where he has great stats. But when all is said and done I'm positive he'll be a first ballot HOFer. Eli has many years left of his career unless something unexpected happens. Warner on the other side might not get in anytime soon.

I looked at the Stats and Warner played 12 years with comperable stats to Eli's (slightly more yards) Warner does have 2 NFL MVP's. He's so boarderline but it's the manner that Manning has won. The ultimate clutch player on the biggest stage. He's played 8 seasons. I think that he's in now but even 1 more 4000 yard season and he's definitely in.

icancount2one
    Let's go NickFolian Dynamite!
    icancount2one's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 571

Quote Originally Posted by Doc JS View Post

Brees in 100%, guy wins at life and has a ring and Marino's record. Eli and Rodgers probably already as well. Rodgers' numbers are just insane (45 TDs and 6 picks are Madden numbers) and he already has the ring.

If anybody in this conversation should be questionable for the Hall, it's Shady Brady, although I'm sure he'll go first ballot. All of his notable accomplishments have come by cheating, and he whines until they change the rules.

p19101
    Giants!
    p19101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Quote Originally Posted by will2survive View Post
    I looked at the Stats and Warner played 12 years with comperable stats to Eli's (slightly more yards) Warner does have 2 NFL MVP's. He's so boarderline but it's the manner that Manning has won. The ultimate clutch player on the biggest stage. He's played 8 seasons. I think that he's in now but even 1 more 4000 yard season and he's definitely in.
    I think he will eventually get in with what he has today, but he needs slightly more to get in right away? Don't get me wrong, in my eyes he is HOF for sure, but just trying to see it from a neutral point of view. I wouldn't be surprised to see him needing to get a bit extra as media always finds a way to discredit him and never get him the appreciation he deserves. As a Giant fan there is no other QB I rather have than Eli on my team, I know he'll get the job done.

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Yea, Kurt's wife is hideous

Name:  131234_kurt-warners-wife-brenda-visits-access-hollywood-live-on-october-19-2010.jpg
Views: 6131
Size:  79.2 KB

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21629

Is Ben Rothlisberger a Hall of Famer?

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1800

super bowls are overrated.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Let's get real... Eli is a lock for the HOF

Say he never plays another down (god forbid) he would still get in maybe not in his 1st yr of eligibility but later

His 4th Qt drives this yr were fukking amazing then cap the yr off with one in the SB and winning is HOF worthy

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9752

k warner not a hall of famer either

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Kurt Warner is a Hall of Famer......on what planet?

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

well...I have to agree with Kurt on this one. You are judged by your career, not your playoffs. Things that I have noticed with Eli..TD's to INT's are not 2 to 1 like other very good qb;s..his copletion percentage is around 58 percent..could be higher. He has been boed at home and has been very inconsistent.

Scorpion
    Update your status

Eli is a winner

ttrace35
    ttrace35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

Doesn't she have cancer or something? Dudes are foul for calling her ugly.

Scorpion
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by NYSportsGuy210 View Post
    Kurt Warner is a Hall of Famer......on what planet?
    I dont think Warner should be in the hall of fame

How Kurt Warner lost 2 super bowls

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Who gives a damn....Marino has already said he'd trade the HOF for a SB ring any day of the week!!

bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 506

Nobody better today in the BIG games than Eli, he's an absolute lock, just for kickin the Pats nuts in in EVERY super bowl they've played in he's a lock

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    super bowls are overrated.
    Yes. First of all, football is a team game and super bowls are won by teams. Lot of players have won multiple super bowls. Doesn't mean they sniff the HOF. Just because a QB is involved, doesn't make them a HOF.

Eli nowhere near the HOF at the moment. He could get there some day, but if he retired right now, not even close.

Fieldysnuts44
    @poker table near you
    Fieldysnuts44's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Warner needs to S.T.F.U.,he's not hall of fame worthy either.I'm just surprised he had the balls to say it and not have his wife do it.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: will2survive, and Scorpion

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

Quote Originally Posted by will2survive View Post
    They played together for a year and I respect Kurt for where he came from. Uh Kurt, Eli Manning 2 Super Bowl MVP's and only 31 years old buddy. It's not always about the statistics (ask Joe Namath--more INT's than TD's)--Warner himself has only 1 Super Bowl win and 2 losses. If he want's in, he should stay silent because he's boarderline and probably in himself. Eli has many years to go.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...medium=twitter

eli has two rings and peyton has one, as of right now who gets in and who doesn't? number of rings doesn't pencil you in automatically.

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    eli has two rings and peyton has one, as of right now who gets in and who doesn't? number of rings doesn't pencil you in automatically.

Both Mannings get in. Peyton has 4 NFL MVP Awards and 1 Super Bowl win. Eli has the 2 Superbowls in where he played a legendary team and came back in dramatic fashion. Let's face it, the Giants ran the table on the road in 2007 and mostly in these playoffs. It's the manner, the method, the heroics that Eli Manning displayed that makes him a Hall of Famer.

Dan Marino never won and of course he's a Hall of famer.

Kurt Warner questioned Eli and I'm debating Kurt Warners declaration. Eli Manning is a hall of famer right now. Sure, as I mentioned, another 4000 yard season will solidify or better yet make it more immediate when he's eligible.

beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

Christ some of you even know football? Eli isn't a hall of fame qb right now learn the game. He had his best season this season that is true. MVP of both super bowls thats a joke. If anything what won the Giants both super bowls over the pats was the defense. And two miracle catches one by David Tyree and Mario Manningham. How many times has Eli won the regular season mvp anyone anyone? None stats speak for themselves Eli Manning has never been consistant in his career. He still has a ways to go to be a hall of famer.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    Are you kidding me? Peyton is a first ballot HOF'er period case closed end of story. Eli has more work to do.

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Quote Originally Posted by beerman2619 View Post
    Christ some of you even know football? Eli isn't a hall of fame qb right now learn the game. He had his best season this season that is true. MVP of both super bowls thats a joke. If anything what won the Giants both super bowls over the pats was the defense. And two miracle catches one by David Tyree and Mario Manningham. How many times has Eli won the regular season mvp anyone anyone? None stats speak for themselves Eli Manning has never been consistant in his career. He still has a ways to go to be a hall of famer.
    You hit it right on the nail. The Giants defense twice, contained the highest scoring offense the NFL Patriots to less than 20 points in the Superbowl. The 2008 Patriots averaged 36 points, while their 2011 version averaged 32 points. Talk about giving the wrong guy all the credit. Manning just hanged around long enough to get lucky at the end. If he was so great, it wouldn't require a miraculous comeback to win both times, considering how great his defense played against Brady. Any quarterback getting that much opportunities with defensive stops, can beat anyone.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Are you kidding me? Peyton is a first ballot HOF'er period case closed end of story. Eli has more work to do.
    reading comprehension problems? reread what i wrote.