beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

Eli Manning still a ways to go to become a hall of fame qb

I will not take anything away from Eli or even Coughlin as they have both enjoyed success with the Giants. Eli has put up some impressive numbers and nearly came up with a 5,000 yard season this year. His 4,933 yards were a career high and he carried the Giants in a year where they struggled to run the football. Eli is deserving of being considered in the upper echelon of QBs based on his play and Super Bowl titles, but what about him makes people think he is a Hall of Fame QB?

For his career, Eli is still a QB who doesn't average a 60% completion percentage and has passed for 27,000 yards. His career QB rating is 82.1. Still closer to Chad Henne than to Drew Brees.

Going back to elite, what is considered elite anyways? When I ask people to name the elite QBs, some will mention 10 or more QBs. In a league where you have 32 starting QBs, being ranked 10th shouldn't be considered elite. If you're at #10, congratulations on being above average. You're still not elite. At #8, you're warming up. At #6, you're knocking on the door. At #3 or #4, welcome to the club. Eli, welcome to the club.

Just so people aren't confused, I am not saying Eli won't ever be a Hall of Fame QB. I'm just saying he's not there yet. He's only been consistent for half his career and he still has more seasons of play at this level before he can be considered in my book. This post is simply saying Eli isn't a Hall of Fame QB right now. We'll see in four or five years.

It took a couple miracle catches one by David Tyree and Manningham for the Giants to beat the pats twice in the super bowl. I think guys on the Giants defense deserved the MVP trophy more then Eli did.

But right now if Eli's career was over he should not be in the hall of fame with those numbers.

SBRMAN23
    Be humble sit down
    SBRMAN23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1448

I'm a die hard jets fan and I don't care for the Giants but your fukking crazy to say Eli isn't a Hof Qb even right now the yr he had with tds in the 4q the guy is amazing. No one can say he made the wring choice by asking to be traded from that joke of a franchise at the time Chargers. He is not done but even with a few more yrs if good everyone will remember him betting the leagues team Pats twice when they were supposed to win he's a lock.

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

look at him..he def looks retarted....there isn't any other Qb that looks like this idiot..lol. Maybe Namath..steve young,aikman,staubacj et all..so much different then this dork

p19101
    Giants!
    p19101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

OP is a bitter Cowboys fan, how's that Romo treating ya?

rdkjglsk
    rdkjglsk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 368

Career QB rating of 82.1 - that is pretty low, guys.