nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Proof you fans overthing game strategy

Im in NY and listened to the interview with Eli and talk show host. They didn't even discuss the possibility of not scorring that late touchtown, didn't even cross there minds. Something that will be duiscussed over the summer..lol. When he saw the defense collapse after handing the ball off..manning did yell fall down..but bradshaw did score. I keep telling friends and others, you really over think these so called staregy decisions..thery go out and play the friggin game. This isn't a diagram of war or a chess match..geez

Dutchie
    Dutchie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 165

yeah there is never strategy in the last three mins of NFL by coaches or players.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

lets face it. it wasnt the running back's fault.

what, were the giants trying to kick from the 2yd line instead of 5 because its more makeable??

if coughlin didn't want a score, they shouldve had manning run to the direct middle of the field and fukkin fall down. no risk of fumbling, no risk of a td. cant believe everyone is blaming the running back here

Dutchie
    Dutchie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 165

running backs are dumb. you give them the ball, they do what comes natural. another perfect example is Barber in Chicago. He cost them a game by running out of bounds when they were trying to run the clock out. Tebow went on to beat the bears with the last possesion. That one bone headed play cost the Chargers a playoff birth, and kept the Tebow-mania going

nyplayer33

Athletes are not the brightest, people think that a 70 yr old coach is a genious...watching the super Bowl..the Giants werelucky to win it..yes I bet them at +340 to win super bowl cause of value. You saw the pats score before halftime and the fist possession after halftme..they wer leading by 9 and were -400 live betting at a book. If the pats had more players around Brady and a TE healthy..they prob win by 14 plus easily. In the end, the giants won and they have the trophy. By the way, NE is FAV to win super bowl next year

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

The OP post is a display of ignorance.

What would you rather have, Brady with 1 TO and 1 minute to drive 80 yards or allow the other teams kicker to attempt a 20 yard field goal to win the Superbowl? Those are your 2 options. Pick 1 of them.

Brady might be able to drive down for the TD 10% of the time. Kicking the field goal, probably going to happen 95-97% of the time.

nyplayer33

What was the RB doing..he fell down and then fell back into the end zone...lol...also he was laughing it up and stuff on the sideline...he didnt think he made any mistake..and could care less...

hels

And 10% of the time might even be a low number. The final hail mary even had a chance. Gronk slowed down and almost stopped. If he would have kept moving the ball could have been deflected right into him..... I'm just stating a 'what if' another player might have kept moving forward and been in the lucky spot.

hels

Quote Originally Posted by nyplayer33 View Post
    What was the RB doing..he fell down and then fell back into the end zone...lol...also he was laughing it up and stuff on the sideline...he didnt think he made any mistake..and could care less...
    I was confused as well. I'm guessing that the 'what to do if there is a definite TD ahead of you' possibility either wasn't told to him or he was too dumb to actually implement taking a knee because he got excited about scoring a TD.

nyplayer33

I like pro sports, not as much as I used to. What cracks me up is the late timeout in NHL Hockey..coach takes out the minuture hockey rink drawing up a play..um the puck changes possession 20 times off skates sticks helmets etc...you can't draw a play up..lol. They go out and play the game...I thought GB had this great def coord..what his name...guy is a genious..well there defense sucked donkley's ballz this year...you go out and play the game and see what happens. I remmeeber namath on MNF as a commentator saying why doesn't the QB throw the darn thing..darn..lol. Last play came awfully close to giant head coach being the donkey of the century..to him winning. Did u also see Manning after they won..nobody hugged him etc...was funny..kinda dissoragnized

nyplayer33

I'm not ignorant, I amstating that it wasn't discussed either way. Some experts thought he should nopt of scored..if Brady came back and scored the TD they would of blasted him for scoring the TD. My point was, these things were not discussed and they go out and play the game.