C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

Quote Originally Posted by ** PICKS View Post
    So you didnt like the 500 yards of offense he had this team putting up week in and week out for the most part? This is the best offense in pro football when clicking on all cylinders, marty is a great play caller. I still cant believe they are bringing castillo back to run the defense, i guess they didnt learn their lesson from last year, if we miss the playoffs again andy will be fired no doubt, lurie already gave out the ultimatum.
    If Phila was so great last year why didn't they make the playoffs? Weren't they supposed to win the title last year?

If I'm Desean Jackson I'm leaving the team. There is no excuse in the world why he should catch under 60 balls. Vick can't complete 4 passes to him per game in a west coast passing offense? He had less than 50 two years ago.

CMNoney
    CMNoney's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6389

Its cause philadelphia is the best sports town in america, got the best sports complex, the nicest stadiums and all the top athletes want to come here to play, parades are coming this year and maybe more then one. And not to mention the best fans in the world second to none.
    The 76ers have some of the worst fans in the NBA. 20th in attendance with the 3rd best record in the East.

Nice fanbase.

Sambooka
    Sambooka's Avatar Become A Pro!

Its cause philadelphia is the best sports town in america, got the best sports complex, the nicest stadiums and all the top athletes want to come here to play, parades are coming this year and maybe more then one. And not to mention the best fans in the world second to none.
    i thought it was because of the best Philadelphia cheesesteaks

By the way... the Giants and the Yankees have the best fans in the world (by far) not Philly, sorry

Ethan1122
    Ethan1122's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 171

Quote Originally Posted by C-Gold View Post

How many teams want a 31 year old mobile QB who can't finish a season due to injuries and wanted a fat new contract? Most teams want a leader they can build a team around. Your QB should be the hardest worker on the team not a slacker. Washington has a new GM not named Dan Snyder. South Beach is a horrible place for Vick.

You don't believe me? Every team in the league had a chance to pick Vick up for FREE when he got out of jail and nobody bit until Phila owner agreed to sign off on him. Vick was basically black balled two years ago and now you think some team is going to send a high 1st round pick for him and pay him 100 million for a 31 year old running QB?
    If Tom Brady went to Jail for 2 years and came back at the age of 30 not a lot of teams would be interested either. And yes I think after he was 2nd in MVP voting some teams needing a QB would give up a 1st for him. Look at his stats in 2010 contract year, 12 GP(I know, I know)
    63% completion, 21 TDs, 12 turnovers, 100.2 QB rating (included non in his first 7 games), 676 rushing yards, and another 9 rushing TDs. Most teams would give up a high draft going off of this year only.

You're also a boys fan right? You are doing all this smack talk but you guys had the same record as us except the Eagles beat the boys twice and also used 3 different quarterbacks this year.

C-Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Ethan1122 View Post
    If Tom Brady went to Jail for 2 years and came back at the age of 30 not a lot of teams would be interested either.

1) Tom Brady won't go to jail for 2 years, he doesn't kill dogs or try and sneak marijuana in banned water bottles across the TSA. He's more concerned with winning football games than dog fighting.

2) Tom Brady is the best QB in the league. Vick never was is or will be the best QB in the league.

3) Vick relies on his LEGS. He gained weight in jail and wasn't as fast when he came out. He got some of his speed back but he hits 30 years and will continue to slow down. If you want a running QB you want a young one not an old one. Pocket QB's have been good up to 40 years old. NEVER for running QB's.

Do you want to be the guy to trade picks and spend 100 million dollars to sign a 31 year old mobile quarterback, who has been jailed, has a large portion of the fan base who hates him? He's not worth anywhere near what you think he's worth. That's why nobody in the league picked him up in the first place. Philly took a waiver on him and needed the owner to sign off on that. NOW you think some team wants to trade a kings ransom for him after 1 freaking contract year? Matt Millen isn't a GM anymore.

GamblerSpirit
    TheCentaur, Spankie gone fishing :(
    GamblerSpirit's Avatar Become A Pro!

If Tom Brady went to Jail for 2 years and came back at the age of 30 not a lot of teams would be interested either.
    ******* Eagles fans. How dumb can you get?

icancount2one
    Let's go NickFolian Dynamite!
    icancount2one's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 571

Vick works like crazy with the Eagles. He said he started eating right and realized he was squandering his talent. This thread is just more directionless C-gold hate. What do all the athletes you rip on have in common, C?

Quote Originally Posted by GunShard View Post
    I think the last mobile quarterback to win the super bowl was Steve Young.

Michael Vick, Cam Newton and Tim Tebow are out of the question when betting their team to win the super bowl.
    You must have missed this, but A-Rod can run, and often does.

Ethan1122

Quote Originally Posted by GamblerSpirit View Post
    ******* Eagles fans. How dumb can you get?
    You're telling me of Brady went away for 2 years and tried to come back everyone would be bidding for him? No way.

Ethan1122

1) You avoid the whole Cowboys thing

2) we are not talking about his past or what he has done wrong.

3) Most of the fan base hates Vick? Now I know you do not live in or around Philadelphia. We love Vick around here because he shows heart and wants to win. Its a big difference from when we use to have McNabb.

GamblerSpirit
    TheCentaur, Spankie gone fishing :(
    GamblerSpirit's Avatar Become A Pro!

You're telling me of Brady went away for 2 years and tried to come back everyone would be bidding for him? No way.
    Bro, Brady is not a scumbag like Vick is. Horrible analogy and just a horrible example all considered.

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

Bro, Brady is not a scumbag like Vick is. Horrible analogy and just a horrible example all considered.
    yea your right, noone has ever changed before

Vick has been probably the #1 citizen in the NFL since coming back.. he is involved with the community even when not required, studies hard and watches film, has been a great leader on and off the field, has been extremely coachable, and has said all the right things. There is nothing more you can ask of the guy. If you cant look past a guys past after it is obvious he has done all he can to change, you are the scumbag.

Ethan1122

I'm talking about all things in general. Look at Ricky Williams, he left at the top of his game for 2 years and no one touched him except for Miami.

SparJMU
    SparJMU's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7523

Quote Originally Posted by C-Gold View Post
    Eagles management should have been fired for giving this guy the big bucks and a long term contract.
    I could not agree more. Eagles season tickets have been in my family for about 40 years now and I am lucky enough to go to 6-8 games a year for the last 20 years. I think you need to give Vick a little more credit in the character department because he has changed a great deal over the last few years. His work ethic and off-field behavior are much better, and your criticism in that department is incorrect.

However everything you said about his physically ability, mental ability, and long term health problems is true. The simple fact is that Michael Vick is an absolutely phenomenal athlete, and a mediocre quarterback. He will destroy bad teams who don't have the coaching/personnel to handle his speed, and he will lose to well coached defenses who know how to neutralize his running. If healthy he will get you an 11-5 season every year, but he will always lose in the playoffs.

He is basically the Lebron James of the NFL.......he is the most exciting player in the game, but he doesn't have what it takes to beat the best teams. Luckily in basketball Lebron can be a facilitator to Wade, and the Lebron may get a ring. However in football the QB is obviously the key to the offense, and the team can only go as far as he can take them. Because of this, it is extremely safe to say that the Reid/Vick combo will never come close to a Super Bowl.

It's sad going to the Linc every Sunday and listening to how incompetent some of these fans really are. They watch the highlights, get excited, and think Vick can bring the Eagles a Championship. It's like they haven't watched the last 40 years of the NFL and think that this style of quarterbacking is suddenly going to work. It's like they forget the 2004 NFC Championship game when Jim Johnson's defense made him look truly pathetic. I was freezing my ass off at that game and will never forget how Vick quit on the Falcons. The D line contained the outside all game, Vick took a few big hits (my favorite one was from Hollis Thomas), and the game was never even close. People have short memories and forget that Vick is a career loser.

Anyway management was in a tough spot because they obviously didn't love Kolb. The offensive line was in shambles and Kolb might have got himself killed if he stayed around. Vick was their best short term option for a winning season, so you can't blame management entirely. However considering the size of the contract, they were wrong to mortgage the entire franchise on an freak athlete pretending to be a QB. If Vick does play out the remainder of his contract and the Eagles waste a few more years of their franchise, the people behind the decision should all lose their jobs, it's as simple as that.
    Last edited by SparJMU; 02-10-12 at 08:41 AM.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Anyone that does not like Vick is usually a racist

He is one of toughest qb's to defend in the nfl

Phila easily could have been 13-3 last year but his team let him down

SparJMU

JJGold. 13-3 huh? Let me ask you a question, how many Eagles games did you watch this year? I watched 16. Honestly answer that question first before we go any further. And please don't count times you saw highlights or were at a bar and caught parts of the game while you were watching others. How many complete Eagles games did you watch?

Once that is done, it might not accomplish a lot because it's just a battle of two opinions, but I would enjoy breaking down all 16 games with you to find out where you are creating this 13-3 number?

For starters, Vick only started 13 games, and the Eagles went 1-2 with Vince Young. Let's go ahead and agree that 1-2 for Vince Young was a small miracle (@ Giants, vs. Patriots, @ Seahawks). That number is not going to change and realistically could have been 0-3 if it weren't for a small miracle up in the Meadowlands. So if you want to start typing and somehow justify that Michael Vick should have gone 12-1 as a starter, I will try to hold back all of the criticism and insults that are building up, and I will very politely prove how absurd that statement is.
    Last edited by SparJMU; 02-10-12 at 09:29 AM.

dlunc3

I will argue JJs point for him as I also watched all 16 games. Mike vick did in fact play well enough this year to be 12-1 in t the games he started. I will even say the eagles could have been 14-2 if he had been healthy all season. He played well enough to beat the giants, the Falcons, the bills, the niners and the cardinals. I would also assume that they win in seattle as Vince gave that game away. With a healthy vick, eagles could have been 14-2 this yr with losses to Chicago and new England. He put his team in position to win 5 out of the 6 games he lost this yr.

SparJMU

Dlunc I LOVE your icon of Dawkins, so this is going to be painful. But claiming 12-1 for Vick is insanity. Just pure insanity. The Niners game is the only one you can truly say it was primarily teammates fault. Falcons, Bills, Cardinals, Giants were all games in which Vick had horrendous turnovers, or couldn't keep himself on the field. If we are going to discuss Michael Vick, frequent injuries are a reality and one of his obvious shortcomings. If the guy can't stay on the field, you can't hand him a win.

@ Rams - Easy win thanks to Stephen Jackson's injury. Vick is 1-0.

@ Atlanta - First of all. 1 pick and 3 fumbles from Vick. Atlanta didn't recover all 3, but the fact remains he put the ball on the ground 3 times. Second, if you can't stay on the field, you can't get credit for the win. How dare you put this game on your list of potential Vick Wins!!! 1-1.

NYG - Vick put up 16 points at home. Threw one pick and FUMBLED THREE MORE TIMES. And again he couldn't finish the game. 1-2.

You put both the Atlanta and NYG games on your list of Wins, yet I just counted 2 interceptions, 6 fumbles, and 2 games that he didn't even finish. Vick is already 1-2 as a starter. I just can't fathom how you are coming up with 12-1.

SF - Vick played extremely well. Alex Henery and Jeremy Maclin lose it. 2-2.

@ Buf - FOUR INTERCEPTIONS. I understand one was a drop (Avant right)?. But give Vick credit for the other 3. And yes 1 or 2 of those were tipped at the line, but that is part of being a QB. I don't care what the circumstances are, when your QB throws FOUR INTERCEPTIONS, he is credited with the loss. 2-3.

Wins @ Was and vs. DAL - 4-3 as a starter.

CHI - The Bears are simply a better team. One of the worst games I have attended in a long time. I want to give you a free win for Michael here, but he did have 1 pick and a 60.5 passer rating. If the Eagles could actually play defense this is a different game, so let's call him 4.5 - 3.5 as a starter now.

ARI - This loss is entirely Michael Vick's. They were 14 point favorites and only scored 17 points. 2 more interceptions for Vick. The insider scoop on this game was that in the 4th quarter when the Eagles could have driven for the win, Kevin Kolb was telling the Cardinals defenders what Vick's no huddle play calls were. Vick is so unintelligent that despite the fact that they are 9 weeks into the season, the offense has not changed the audible signals because Vick couldn't keep up with it. Michael Vick is now 4.5 - 4.5 as a starter.

Final four games against 4 hopeless teams = 4-0. Michael Vick finished 8.5 - 4.5 as a starter.

I'm sorry but 12-1 literally makes no sense. Count the turnovers. Count the injuries. These are not flukes, this is the story of Vick's entire career.

Listen if you want to argue that if the Eagles had the 49ers defense this year, sure Vick could have gone 16-0. Hell Alex Smith went 12-4. It's a team game and the rest of the Eagles team was in shambles. But please focus on Vick's performances in their losses. Only in the San Francisco game did he seriously deserve a win but the supporting cast blew it. With the amount of injuries, turnovers, and inconsistency we saw from Michael Vick, how can you honestly think he was putting the Eagles in the position to win?

The bottom line is that he is simply not an elite QB. That's fine, there aren't very many of them out there. But people get caught up in the highlight reel and lose site of this. In the meantime, the $100M payday is offensive for a quarterback of this caliber.
    Last edited by SparJMU; 02-10-12 at 11:35 AM.

dlunc3

I am on my phone so will have to add more later.... But regarsless of ints and fumbles, vick left the atl game and giant games with his team winning. I don't care of he had 20 inteceptions, he was still dominating the Falcons and was up 10 points I believe when he got knocked out. There is no doubt they win that game of he doesn't get hurt. Obviously he couldn't stay on the feild so its his fault.. but my point was IF he was healthy the whole year. So those two games he left hid team in a position to win. You already pointed out the sf game. Then the buffalo game he led his team on a game winning drive and his team fumbled amd lost the ball just outside the redzone. Once again, vick had them in position to won if his team wasnt careless. In the ariz game, even tho he didbt play well, he still put his position to win but his defense couldn't hold on to the lead vick gave them ln the 4th and allowed John skelton to drive the feild on them. So that's another game vick had them in position to win. So the only other game in question thst would determine 13-3 or 14-2 is the Seattle game. Vince was awful and i suspect vick would have won that game, but that is just speculation. And you are right, the Chicago game they were outplayed, so I won't mention that once again vicks defense let him down and choked away yet another 4th quarter lead that vick gave them.

dlunc3

If vicks defense did.not choke away 5 forth quarter leads that vick game them, to go along with careless turnovers by his rb and wrs, 13-3 is not farfetched.

MC PICKS
    Update your status
    MC PICKS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 265

Eagles should have gone 11-5, they gave away the falcons, niners and cardinals games. Those 3 games they should have won. There are other games i could saythey would have won like the bills and the seahawks but they beat us fair and square, but those 3 i stated were ours without a doubt.

dlunc3

Don't get me wrong, by no means did vick play great this yr to earn that large contract. BUT, he did put his team in position to be 12-1 in the games he played and without a doubt did enough to deserve to be in the postseason.

dlunc3

Eagles should have gone 11-5, they gave away the falcons, niners and cardinals games. Those 3 games they should have won. There are other games i could saythey would have won like the bills and the seahawks but they beat us fair and square, but those 3 i stated were ours without a doubt.
    Exactly...they won fair and square so we didn't deserve to make the playoffs. But seeing how it played out, it is unfair to put the blame on vick for not making the postseason.

dlunc3

Exactly...they won fair and square so we didn't deserve to make the playoffs. But seeing how it played out, it is unfair to put the blame on vick for not making the postseason. No qb deserves to lose 5 games in which he gave his team the lead in the 4th quarter.

MC PICKS
    Update your status
    MC PICKS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 265

I dont blame vick at all, he lead the best offense in football who were putting up 500 yards of offense every week and the defense was giving those games away, i could have throw the 1st giants game in there too but they beat us fair and square as well even though our D gave up a 4th quarter lead in that one too, but they jumped on us 14-0 out of the gate and we were doomed form the start. This was the most frustrating season ive seen since the 98 season which was rhodes last year and they got blown out by seattle at home on opening day 38-0, i remember cause i was there.

bruceBRUCEbruce
    bruceBRUCEbruce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1959

eagles should have signed a quarterback who knows how to brain.

dlunc3

Quote Originally Posted by bruceBRUCEbruce View Post
    eagles should have signed a quarterback who knows how to brain.
    Are you sure that you "know how to brain"?

C-Gold

But if Brady was a 30 year old running quarterback and a scumbag nobody would want him. And if my aunt had a rooster she'd be my uncle.

C-Gold

Quote Originally Posted by dlunc3 View Post
    yea your right, noone has ever changed before

Vick has been probably the #1 citizen in the NFL since coming back
    .. he is involved with the community even when not required, studies hard and watches film, has been a great leader on and off the field, has been extremely coachable, and has said all the right things. There is nothing more you can ask of the guy. If you cant look past a guys past after it is obvious he has done all he can to change, you are the scumbag.

You act like Vick is just a regular guy, who accidentally got mixed up in some illegal dog fighting ring, and he accidentally killed a dog and tortured it 8 times. He's also never done anything else wrong. It's just one simple little misunderstanding. It could have happened to anybody. Please.

The guy changed his story 8 times and he has a history. If you believe the narrative they tell you in Philly then I have some Nebraska beach front property to sell you. The guy that flicked off the fans is now model citizen #1. He changed.

C-Gold

I'm talking about all things in general. Look at Ricky Williams, he left at the top of his game for 2 years and no one touched him except for Miami.
    How much do you think a backup RB is worth? RBs are a dime a dozen. If he had saved his money and not had 10 kids he wouldn't have come back.

C-Gold

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Anyone that does not like Vick is usually a racist

He is one of toughest qb's to defend in the nfl

Phila easily could have been 13-3 last year but his team let him down
    17 TD 14 INT but his team let him down.

The Colts could have been 13-3 if that easy to defend pocket passer Peyton Manning didn't let his team down.

C-Gold

Quote Originally Posted by SparJMU View Post
    I could not agree more. Eagles season tickets have been in my family for about 40 years now and I am lucky enough to go to 6-8 games a year for the last 20 years. I think you need to give Vick a little more credit in the character department because he has changed a great deal over the last few years. His work ethic and off-field behavior are much better, and your criticism in that department is incorrect.

However everything you said about his physically ability, mental ability, and long term health problems is true. The simple fact is that Michael Vick is an absolutely phenomenal athlete, and a mediocre quarterback. He will destroy bad teams who don't have the coaching/personnel to handle his speed, and he will lose to well coached defenses who know how to neutralize his running. If healthy he will get you an 11-5 season every year, but he will always lose in the playoffs.

He is basically the Lebron James of the NFL.......he is the most exciting player in the game, but he doesn't have what it takes to beat the best teams. Luckily in basketball Lebron can be a facilitator to Wade, and the Lebron may get a ring. However in football the QB is obviously the key to the offense, and the team can only go as far as he can take them. Because of this, it is extremely safe to say that the Reid/Vick combo will never come close to a Super Bowl.

It's sad going to the Linc every Sunday and listening to how incompetent some of these fans really are. They watch the highlights, get excited, and think Vick can bring the Eagles a Championship. It's like they haven't watched the last 40 years of the NFL and think that this style of quarterbacking is suddenly going to work. It's like they forget the 2004 NFC Championship game when Jim Johnson's defense made him look truly pathetic. I was freezing my ass off at that game and will never forget how Vick quit on the Falcons. The D line contained the outside all game, Vick took a few big hits (my favorite one was from Hollis Thomas), and the game was never even close. People have short memories and forget that Vick is a career loser.

Anyway management was in a tough spot because they obviously didn't love Kolb. The offensive line was in shambles and Kolb might have got himself killed if he stayed around. Vick was their best short term option for a winning season, so you can't blame management entirely. However considering the size of the contract, they were wrong to mortgage the entire franchise on an freak athlete pretending to be a QB. If Vick does play out the remainder of his contract and the Eagles waste a few more years of their franchise, the people behind the decision should all lose their jobs, it's as simple as that.
    Sharp post. This guy gets it. The only other thing I'd add is that I made big money on that game. Mcnabb/Eagles vs the most overrated player of all time.

C-Gold

Obviously he couldn't stay on the feild so its his fault.. but my point was IF he was healthy the whole year.
    If my aunt had a dick she'd be my uncle. If Ken Griffy Jr. would have stayed healthy he'd be the home run champion. If the Trailblazers would have drafted Jordan they'd have 5 championships.

C-Gold

Exactly...they won fair and square so we didn't deserve to make the playoffs. But seeing how it played out, it is unfair to put the blame on vick for not making the postseason. No qb deserves to lose 5 games in which he gave his team the lead in the 4th quarter.

Just look at Eli Manning and Vick.

Eli Manning has never missed a start.
    Vick has had ONE healthy season in 11 years.

Eli was the best 4th quarter QB in the NFL this year
    How many games did Vick get knocked out of?
    The Giants/Patriots game in New England had 5 4th quarter lead changes.

Look at how Vick fares against good defenses?
    Look at how he wears down late in the years and in the playoffs?

Vick has 3-4 years left in him, look it's a waste of time. The Eagles need to draft a QB if they ever want to bring a title to that dump they call him.

and if Vick really wanted to be an elite QB, he wouldn't go crying to the refs that he gets hit too much. Wah wah wah. I don't get treated like everybody else. Hide and blame somebody else. Eli Manning was getting pounded after the whistle in the 49ers game with no calls. Vick can't man up.

81_84
    81_84's Avatar Become A Pro!

Have to love these Vick fanboys

The guy has only played at an elite level ONE year and people want rank him as a top five guy.

He's extremely inconsistent , both in his play and ability to stay healthy. Seriously , who thinks this guy can lead a team through an entire regular and post season?

Pats cheated lol , you sound like a str8 bitch.

Ethan1122

1) You avoid the whole Cowboys thing

2) we are not talking about his past or what he has done wrong.

3) Most of the fan base hates Vick? Now I know you do not live in or around Philadelphia. We love Vick around here because he shows heart and wants to win. Its a big difference from when we use to have McNabb.
    Come on C-Gold stop dodging this.

First 123 Last