JamesBrown
    JamesBrown's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 312

First Score Safety Prop Bet

Wasn't on this weekend, so I apologize if this was already posted....but this is amazing!
    Attached Images  

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

Haha what a terrible bet. That ticket was not for a safety being the first score of the game but for a Gaints saftey being the first score of the game making it even more impossible. That ticket should have paid more like 999-1 instead of 50-1

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

And who the fk bets $1000 on something like that??

The MGM is getting pounded by retard bets. Remember the guy who drilled the same MGM with the Cardinals WS bets??

balls2wall
    balls2wall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6601

Quote Originally Posted by upscope View Post
    And who the fk bets $1000 on something like that??

The MGM is getting pounded by retard bets. Remember the guy who drilled the same MGM with the Cardinals WS bets??

If whoever made that bet put 1k on that then they probably lost the 50k they won on equally as dumb bets. No way they walked away with 50k

letsgo
    letsgo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30294

That ticket can't be right, odds way off, should have been much better, really dumb bet if real.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28781

terrible odds, which makes bet even dumber

sportfan
    sportfan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4245

should be 1000-1 , MGM ripoffs

stone cold locks
    stone cold locks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

the LV superbook had it at 100-1.

letsgo
    letsgo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30294

I can't believe anyone would put $1,000 on a 50/1 prop for a team specific safety to start the SB.

4seasons
    4seasons's Avatar Become A Pro!

Just unreal that safety on the first down Brady has the ball, in the friggin SUPER BOWL. Everytime my teams I bet on got a safety this year, turned out to be a bad thing. So now the team I didn't bet on gets a safety, and my Patsey bet still loses. Have to say that Weatherford was brilliant, and played a huge roll in them winning. You too 50 G man!

Unbelievable how unprepared the Patseys were, who did not get a 3 and out on their first defensive series [even though they did force the Giants to punt that opening series, their weak D enabled the flipping of the field and gave the Giants O something to feel good about when they did get a couple of first downs or so. Typically the D is pretty fired up on the opening series, and the Patsy's D from the get go was not sharp.], un-Patriot like stupid penalties [and the Pats clearly got favored by the refs so should've been worse], and Brady who without Gronk being 100% clearly did not step up his game [seemed like all the propaganda got to him from his goddess asking for prayers, to telling the fans to come back for a bigger party, to the late Mrs. Kraft.] The team was not focused, even Wes with a crucial drop of a ball right in his hands, Hernandez had a big drop, and no Patriots around/recovery of 2 up for grabs Giant fumbles.

On that last Giants' fumble, which had the Patseys recovered would have sealed the win for them, you knew would come back to haunt them for not being there. So yea, if Brady and the team were better prepared/focussed, if Gronk was healthy and the others didn't drop balls, if they just got one turnover, the Patseys could've won.

Surely the odds of a safety being the first score of the game are far greater than 50:1, let alone the score having to be by the Giants. Got to be happy for those that can afford such an exotic bet, and feel free to contact me if you're in the hiring mood; looking for a driver?
    Last edited by 4seasons; 02-06-12 at 09:57 PM.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1812

Nice win though, lol.

Strategic Gamer
    Strategic Gamer's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by balls2wall View Post
    If whoever made that bet put 1k on that then they probably lost the 50k they won on equally as dumb bets. No way they walked away with 50k
    Super Bowl First-Time $50K Bet Goes to Charity
    Email0Smaller FontTextLarger Text|Print

(Image credit: @BenjaminLyons)

Jona Rechnitz, 29, almost miraculously won $50,000 on a long-shot Super Bowl bet and he is donating his winnings to charity.
    Rechnitz of New York City bet $1,000 that the Giants would score the first points with a safety, at 50 to 1 odds. This was reportedly the first safety since Super Bowl XXV in 1991.
    A group of Rechnitz’s friends make an annual trip to Las Vegas to bet on the Super Bowl and invited him this year for the first time.
    It was a good thing he decided to tag along this year because that bet won him $50,000. He also bet $500 on the Giants.
    This was the first time Rechnitz, who works in real estate, had made a sports bet of any kind.
    “I made one dumb bet–and I made out,” he told ABC News.
    The winnings, however, are going to charity, said Rechnitz. Some of the money will go to a charity of choice of Tom Brady “for good sportsmanship” and the rest will go to charities endorsed by three of the Giants’ defensive lineman.
    Has this encouraged him to make other bets? No.
    “When you beat the odds in Las Vegas, you leave Las Vegas,” he said. ”This is a fluke. It’s not what I do.”
    In other words, he thinks he’ll get out while he’s ahead.
    The tradition of his group of friends is that the biggest winner buys sneakers for everybody else. So he bought $700 worth of sneakers for his friends.
    “I was very happy to,” Rechnitz said.

gimpy
    gimpy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3817

Probably was bullied by MGM to donate it on their behalf, so they can get a tax deduction.

marcusmv3
    marcusmv3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 286

After reading about this story was wondering if the books were offering reverse odds on this little prop. Obviously 50:1 was way off, so other side would have had value in it as long as the juice wasn't ridiculous. Anyone have the stats as to what the reverse (Giants safety would NOT be first score) was paying? Thanks in advance just doing a little research here. Have been lurking these boards for a while this is my first post.
    Last edited by marcusmv3; 02-08-12 at 04:19 AM.

andywend
    andywend's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

You should know what the hell you're talking about before opening your mouth.

The guy who bet the Cardinals to win the NL Pennant and World Series did so on a Sunday night right after the Cardinals SWEPT the Braves (Cardinals were competing with the Braves for the NL Wild Card).

The MGM Grand forgot to move the line even though the Cardinals gained 3 full games on the Braves during that 3 day span.

He got 500-1 on the Cards to win the NL Pennant and 999-1 on the Cards to win the World Series. After the Cardinals sweep, they were listed at 120-1 to buy and 180-1 to lay to win the World Series.

If somebody offered you 6-1 on a coin flip, would you consider yourself retarded for taking it?

With that being said, the guy who bet $1,000 on a Giants safety as the first scoring play at 50-1 was indeed a supreme novice.
    After reading about this story was wondering if the books were offering reverse odds on this little prop.
    No reverse odds offered on that prop.
    Last edited by andywend; 02-08-12 at 04:31 AM.

marcusmv3
    marcusmv3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 286

Quote Originally Posted by andywend View Post
    No reverse odds offered on that prop.
    Figures, would be easy money, except in this case of course.

qsilver335
    qsilver335's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

This was not a good bet. If you placed that bet in all NFL games you would lose your house. 50-1 is a terrible number for the player on a safety first bet.

a4u2fear
    TEASE IT
    a4u2fear's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 35447

Guy must have the game manual from back to the future