No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by raydog View Post
    wantitall... the -2.5 money was nowhere even near the +3 and +3.5 money...why would you think differently? you are completely wrong here and a simple phone call to any book will prove that...and nocoin, read your post and mine again...under bets hammered the **** out of the book...you said it was about even...it wasnt even in the same ballpark as even... you guys really dont know what you are talking about, but you think you do...which is the funny part...

the books lost the game side, total, teasers and parlays...that is a fact... they won the 2nd half side and total...that is a fact...and of course they make money on props... thinking anything differently than this is simply wrong..that , also, is a fact.
    You said "more people were on the over," then say this? Are you drunk?

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by BettingWizard View Post
    Books will never lose.......99% of the people who won on this game will give it all back and then some
    Long term, you're absolutely right. But tonight, they did.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

Books will never lose.......99% of the people who won on this game will give it all back and then some
    this 2, they never lose in the end, same as a slot machine who pays a jackpot every now and again.

flocko76
    flocko76's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3316

Quote Originally Posted by UntilTheNDofTimE View Post
    most teasers won too Under 59, Over 47, Giants +6.5, Pats +3.5
    this is wrong. also, I told my sister to tell her bf to take the giants and the under. and he's a square so he took the over. so some people lost today.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

You are correct.

Vegas lost on the spread and ML. That is a fact.

Vegas will win it back. That is also a fact.

The majority of money was on the Giants and under. The majority typically loses in this situation. It's a grind like Poker. Get your money in good and hope you don't get unlucky. The Patriots led the entire 2nd half until 57 seconds remaining. If a break goes their way in this game they cover.

Fumbles bounced the Giants way. Welker was inches from catching that pass. Freak safety at the start of the game. If you were a Giants backer you got lucky. It happens.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1800

Quote Originally Posted by wantitall4moi View Post
    those public numbers dont mean shit some make believe nonsense some website came up with to pretend like they know how to track movement.

People taking +3 on a dog shows they dont have a frigging clue, especially if theyre laying he vig. In a winner take all game playing +3 is as bad as it gets. If you like the team you bet them to win SU or dont play the game at all. Thats how it goes. betting +3 is just dumb. Win or lose. Guys that took +3 -120 basically cost themselves 50-60 cents on the dollar or 50-60%. A guy who bet 5K -120 gets back 2583 less than someone who bet Giants +135 on the ML. You dont think books like taking that type of action?

Also anyone that bets Giants +2.5 are completely braindead, they just happened to get lucky. Guys like that are exactly the typs of players 99.99% of all books want playing with them.

But a win is a win I suppoe but guys who constantly get the worst of it, especially in a game where the line was up for 15 days have zero chance to win long term.
    The game could have ended by 2 and it was going to be what the books wanted but....I agree with you.

Taking +3 -120 or whatever points is costing yourself money.

Since we are basically flipping coins, might as well flip at + money if you like that side.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

i do definitely agree that the book would have rather seen new england win this game by 2. all the giants ml and future bets woulda been sunk. the books who hung 2.5 would have really loved this.

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

There wasnt enough +3.5 money to make a dent in anything. The VAST majority of Giants money was +3 with bad odds more than likely. There was some Giants ML money to be sure but for the two weeks it has been up and down so I call the ML money pretty even.

Any time a late desperation line goes up it gets hammered and hammered hard, especially when it is the 'best' number possible. Pats -2.5 was the number guys sitting on 3 wanted to see. Because it gave them a safety valve. So when it appeared it got crushed. Count on it. But even then -2.5 wasnt available everywhere just at a few books that wanted to even up a little so it wasnt a wholesale sell out on it.

Teasers, and all that shit is small potatoes in terms of handle. Props take more money than those gimmick plays do and books always clean up on the props. That safety alone made the books a ton, EVERYONE bets "no" to a safety.

Total was one quick move basically going almost from 55 to 53. No steady drop meaning one or two big time sydicates bet it and the books just went right to 53 so they didnt have to worry about opening up shots on themselves. It stayed at 53 for almost a week. There was some vig movement on it during that time but nothing extreme.

As for calling books and asking them, yeah sure I really believe they will tell every nit wit that calls asking them how they did their business.

allabout the $$$
    Update your status
    allabout the $$$'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26811

this has been the year of the public from sept till now books probably won 7 or 8 weeks and they got destroyed today

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by wantitall4moi View Post
    There wasnt enough +3.5 money to make a dent in anything. The VAST majority of Giants money was +3 with bad odds more than likely. There was some Giants ML money to be sure but for the two weeks it has been up and down so I call the ML money pretty even.

Any time a late desperation line goes up it gets hammered and hammered hard, especially when it is the 'best' number possible. Pats -2.5 was the number guys sitting on 3 wanted to see. Because it gave them a safety valve. So when it appeared it got crushed. Count on it. But even then -2.5 wasnt available everywhere just at a few books that wanted to even up a little so it wasnt a wholesale sell out on it.

Teasers, and all that shit is small potatoes in terms of handle. Props take more money than those gimmick plays do and books always clean up on the props. That safety alone made the books a ton, EVERYONE bets "no" to a safety.

Total was one quick move basically going almost from 55 to 53. No steady drop meaning one or two big time sydicates bet it and the books just went right to 53 so they didnt have to worry about opening up shots on themselves. It stayed at 53 for almost a week. There was some vig movement on it during that time but nothing extreme.

As for calling books and asking them, yeah sure I really believe they will tell every nit wit that calls asking them how they did their business.
    So you challenge my "assumptions" with more assumptions?

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

but i thought you were "somebody" wantitall? you sure like to think so, buddy... like i said, you talk a lot of nice shit..but here, you are wrong...dont believe me, your ignorance....anytime books lose, could be $1 , people here call it getting buried....everyone who knows anything or has experience knows the loss will be slim and is made up quickly... the facts here are that the books got beat up bad on side/total/teaser/parlays ... cleaned up, as always, on props...you sound brilliant to these airbetting kids, but relatively stupid to people who know the business

BigDofBA

I need to stick to my bread and butter, Australian soccer and tailing Lakerboy's NBA picks.

And you people don't have a clue if you don't believe that a ton of Giants future bets were placed. Business conferences are held in Vegas every week.

I'm sure New York teams get major action purely based on the population.

robinhood
    Steal from the books, give to the poor
    robinhood's Avatar Become A Pro!

This thread is like Deja' Vu from the last time the Giants beat the Patriots.

Coming Back!
    Coming Back!'s Avatar Become A Pro!

Vegas lost! It was a bad line, everyone knew it! The sharps, squares, and the dude who bets 1 game a year on the big game knew! And Giants were not lucky. They got hosed on a 3rd &1 holding call. And Pats got away with quite a few Pass Interfernece penalties. The better team won! Vegas took a bath, offshore did too!!!! Bottom line. For one night the public beat the sh*t out of the books and you can't take that away!

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by Coming Back! View Post
    Vegas lost! It was a bad line, everyone knew it! The sharps, squares, and the dude who bets 1 game a year on the big game knew! And Giants were not lucky. They got hosed on a 3rd &1 holding call. And Pats got away with quite a few Pass Interfernece penalties. The better team won! Vegas took a bath, offshore did too!!!! Bottom line. For one night the public beat the sh*t out of the books and you can't take that away!
    You're right. I bet the Patriots knowing this would probably happen. I figured I would side with Vegas in a coin flip type game. Everyone love the Giants and for good reason. They have one of the best defenses in the NFL and the Patriots defense is shit.

The Giants were the better overall team and had proven to be clutch in games like this. Shame on me for being hard headed here.

daimoshokage
    daimoshokage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

paco is BURIED!

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

52% on the pats ATS by game time,remember what I said coin, never make a play against the public until kickoff to be sure,we got punked...........

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/feature...s/expert/picks

link to cbssports picks, all 5 of their experts had giants, never fade when all five agree

kmarinouofm
    Those who stay.. will be Champions!
    kmarinouofm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3451

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    My Cowboys let this happen. Up 12 with 4 minutes to go and they let the Giants stay in the playoff race.
    game killed me in vegas..

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    My friend was hanging out at MGM 2 hours before the Super Bowl... he said a lot of people were on New England -2.5

Even though we are more experienced watching sports... some people just aren't. They just wager for the thrill... I think vegas had no other choice but to give you New England -2.5 they knew what could happen. I don't think they got buried.
    uhh. NOOO.. the only reason why people were at the MGM placing New England -2.5 .. was because MGM properties were the only books hanging a 2.5 on gameday..

you went to the MGM if you were playing the Pats.. if you were taking the Giants.. you were a fool to place that bet at that Property .. all you had to do was cross the bridge to tropicana and get a better price at cantor for a giants ticket..

First 123