illAdelph
    illAdelph's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by RedSox88 View Post
    Road,

I feel it would be way easier to focus on one sport or section like you mentioned and just not bet anything else other than the one area u REALLY understand and know

While thats a good idea i feel A this might lose my love of sports betting and B its not an all year affair

the more i think about it poker stopped being fun when i put serious work at it and sports betting would probably end up the same to be honest
    Real good pussy is great until the 100th time you've fvcked it.

RedSox88
    RedSox88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

haha yep

drives me crazy about all these misconceptions about poker pros

1. if you play poker professionally your rich

2. your life is easy

3. you never have to work

just so lame and all false im not broke but i cant afford to buy nice things because my bankroll need to keep growing gotta reinvest those profits into my playing cause ya cant play with napkins

RoadFavorites$$$
    RoadFavorites$$$'s Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    I'm going to get on the fg one

will tail this too

And yes... people go crazy at this time of year and I understand why because it's exciting. But it's not smart. I'm pretty sure all the actual pro guys I know are betting props and not laying big money on a side. Although I'm sure others will come in here and say differently. But that's where the value is if you can figure that stuff out ( I cannot however so I just guess )
    Not sure if this makes you feel better about tailing Illinois or worse since they are 'due' but Northwestern hasn't won in Assembly Hall since 1999.

illAdelph

Quote Originally Posted by RedSox88 View Post
    haha yep

drives me crazy about all these misconceptions about poker pros

1. if you play poker professionally your rich

2. your life is easy

3. you never have to work

just so lame and all false im not broke but i cant afford to buy nice things because my bankroll need to keep growing gotta reinvest those profits into my playing cause ya cant play with napkins
    Ill be honest with ya bro.

Im 19 and I aspire to play poker professionally. Because I have a daughter to support it'll probably never happen, but its something I dream of doing.

Ill say it again, it could be much much worse. Life is a grind. Be happy that you got the mental discipline to deal with it because most people don't.

The misconceptions must become aggravating but at the end of the day just keep in mind that you are in a very small percentile, being able to do what you.

It may not seem like anything special to you, but alot of people are jealous of your talent. And for good reason.

RoadFavorites$$$
    RoadFavorites$$$'s Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by illAdelph View Post
    Ill be honest with ya bro.

Im 19 and I aspire to play poker professionally. Because I have a daughter to support it'll probably never happen, but its something I dream of doing.

Ill say it again, it could be much much worse. Life is a grind. Be happy that you got the mental discipline to deal with it because most people don't.

The misconceptions must become aggravating but at the end of the day just keep in mind that you are in a very small percentile, being able to do what you.

It may not seem like anything special to you, but alot of people are jealous of your talent. And for good reason.

My ADD acts up too much for me to be profitable playing poker. After a few hours the game itself bores me, but to have the discipline to not get bored and go all in, etc. is definitely some kind of talent. I'll stick to sports where I actually enjoy what I'm gambling on. I think everyone should probably stick to what they enjoy. This guy might just be burnt out.

Take a break from poker and see if that helps.

illAdelph

Quote Originally Posted by RoadFavorites$$$ View Post
    My ADD acts up too much for me to be profitable playing poker. After a few hours the game itself bores me, but to have the discipline to not get bored and go all in, etc. is definitely some kind of talent. I'll stick to sports where I actually enjoy what I'm gambling on. I think everyone should probably stick to what they enjoy. This guy might just be burnt out.

Take a break from poker and see if that helps.
    trust me I know.. staying focused is the hardest part.
    part.

But I love sportsbetting. There is no comparison. If I felt like I could sustain a profit with absolute consistency id quit my job tomorrow. Poker does seem to have a greater potential edge, at least for me, as far as profitability goes.

But I agree with your advice.

Redsox, have you thought about looking elsewhere for income, just as a mental break?

First 123