mad's Avatar Become A Pro!

Regular season wins.

New York Giants Over 9 +145

Worth a shot or no?
    Me thinks Yes.
    Thoughts.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

that over 9 is tough in that division. i wouldn't personally bet that one myself.

I will say this though...Eli Manning has been working on his game alot with his brother during the off-season, so that sure does help your chances if you decide to bet the over bro.

mad

Well it's one game over .500, a reasonable ask for a team with playoff aspirations. But as you say, in a tough division and considering their road record from last year, they'll need to pick up a few on the road. I think it's achievable barring a complete meltdown. Maybe a small bet for fun.

Jets over 6 +120 looks enticing. I was under the impression they've made some serious off-season moves to improve. Couldn't be much worse than last year.

bigboydan

the one thing about the jets this year is the fact that the upper management has stated they will be starting the "rebuilding" process.

that seems kinda scarry to me when your thinking about betting an over.

mad

I hear ya, sounds like they're covering their backsides either way. If it's a good or at the very least a better year, then they'll happily take the credit. However should it all fall to shit, then they have an excuse for that too.

With the over bets i have to ask myself, if not the over then would i be happy to bet the under? Under those circumstances i wouldn't really be happy in either case. The lines are probably about where they should be. Need 10 wins with Giants, hmmm... doesn't sound as nice now. Although i think the Jets over 6 +128 is worth a shot for speculative value alone.
    Last edited by mad; 08-19-06 at 06:25 PM.

bigboydan

the thing about the jets is pennington. just which chad pennington will we see this year is the question. he's just has never been the same since that injury.

Patrick McIrish
    Patrick McIrish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

I like the Giants over myself, also like KC under.

bigboydan

i can see that KC under 9.5 cashing myself pat.

herm edwards has said it publicly he plans on tinkering with that #1 rated offense, and thats not the reason he was hired to coach the chiefs to the superbowl.