yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Quote Originally Posted by 5mike5 View Post
    rediculious prop to bet on....no value at all
    Dunno, seems like value on the under. I doubt they'll show him four times during the actual game, live.

As has been mentioned, they may easily show him several times not live, but that obviously doesn't count. Any celebration can't count for the prop, because I'm pretty sure they wouldn't show a live celebration after a TD, and if they won, the post-game celebration might be shown live, but that wouldn't count either.

Seems to me that the right line for this would be 2 or 2.5, and there's value in under 3.5.

qsilver335
    qsilver335's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

This is under for sure. I think he gets 2 shows at best.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6892

Quote Originally Posted by mathdotcom View Post
    Take Over and hedge with Pats

If Pats win they wont show Peyton high fiving upstairs

This gambling tip presented to you by Mathdotcom

gimpy
    gimpy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3817

A large Peyton Manning cutout is suspended from the ceiling at the NFL Experience during Super Bowl week at the Indianapolis Convention Center.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...y_rehab_013112

JetDevil74
    JetDevil74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1099

****Do NOT Bet this prop to go over.****

Last year, I made the mistake of betting the over on "How many times will they show Jerry Jones?"

My thoughts: "It's at the NEW Cowboys Stadium, Pending lockout, Huge Screen, etc."

They only showed him once or twice. The Super Bowl focuses on the main attraction, not the side stories.
    Bet the under and take it to the bank.

Last edited by JetDevil74; 02-01-12 at 08:51 AM. Reason: Needed a Smiley.

bswagos
    bswagos's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2547

Quote Originally Posted by hels View Post
    And the award for dumbest post of the day
    Nope just shows how you are part of the flock. If you don't question what is and isn't live before you bet, don't bitch after the bet. Last year I saw someone place a bet the day of the Indy 500 on a driver that wasn't even driving. The sports book happily took his money and laughed all the way to the bank.

Landscaper
    Banned
    Landscaper's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by 5mike5 View Post
    rediculious prop to bet on....no value at all
    1 more time please

icancount2one
    Let's go NickFolian Dynamite!
    icancount2one's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 571

Quote Originally Posted by WvGambler View Post
    Someone made a similar post about Jerry Jones, when the SB was in Dallas. It was o/u 3.5 and everyone called it free money.

Jerry was shown like once, and everyone was buried....if I remember correctly.
    I was on the under, and the line was 2.5. I didn't see him at all. It's too bad the max is $100 on these.

UNDER is the sharp play on the exotic "will they show it?" props! They might show one or two Peyton Manning reactions to something crazy. Ditto for Kraft. Also take the under 1 for the Tyree catch being shown. Again the key here is kickoff to whistle, halftime doesn't count. That one is a stone cold freeroll, I doubt they'll show it since it might confuse the fukk out of the uber-casual superbowl-only football watcher, and there's NO way it comes up twice.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

If giants score alot of points this prop goes over easily

icancount2one
    Let's go NickFolian Dynamite!
    icancount2one's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 571

I will take action for the over at -120 up to 2000 pts (risk) of action.

FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

what they show other than the game depends heavily on the score of the actual game. If the giants are blowing the patriots out then they might very well show peyton more than 4 times. If the game is tight then they probably won't even show him once during live action.

Maverick22
    Maverick22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 58

I did a bet like this once. Peyton manning is not bigger than the super bowl. Take the under. Thank me later.

Deep_Rest
    Deep_Rest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10319

It depends on who he sits next to as well. If he sits in the Giants owners box I'd be inclined to take the over since we might get a shot of his leg or something in the background. Of course, we don't know if the "book manager" will count this but technically even if its his leg it's still "Peyton Manning".

lifemagnetic
    lifemagnetic's Avatar Become A Pro!

If I recall the last super bowl between the giants and pats, manning was in a suite and I **believe** the play would have been the under. I remember them showing him once maybe twice only. check it out if you can, there must be something about this or just re-watch it. But as some have pointed out - a no-show would not be good (unlikely but you never know) and if he's sitting somewhere near the field, or doing something with TV/Broadcast, well, ya....it is his home stadium right? if I had to take the play I would go over and hit it hard. But someone needs to find out if he's staying away from the game. Or whether there is some TV broadcast arrangement where he's going to be interacting with the crew...hmmm

UPDATE
    P Manning was shown twice in 2008
    Last edited by lifemagnetic; 02-01-12 at 08:27 PM. Reason: update

Boscoe
    Boscoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 494

Under

Reload
    Winning Aint Easy
    Reload's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14852

I don't know how many times Peyton was shown last time Eli was in the Super Bowl, but he sure looked big time up in the box then - like he was an owner. I'd say with how he sat out the whole season and all the uncertainty surrounding the Colts, he'd be shown even more often this time.

CheeseHead
    CheeseHead's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think this line is fairly sharp...I would say over/under 3 would be even a better line, but 3.5 is still going to have a good amount of people taking the over. I wish we could see the percentages on each side of this prop bet so far to see what people are taking...but action junkies are probably thinking "all they've been talking about all week is Peyton Manning and Eli is playing in the SB so they'll have to show him quite a few times.."

Let me just say this, I bet on a prop bet in last year's Super Bowl dealing with Brett Favre. Everyone is always on Favre's nuts in the media it seems and being the drama queen he is, he's always found a way to stay in the news (up until this year he finally became pretty quiet..but I'm talking about last year's Super Bowl still). The prop bet I think was over/under 2.5 times that "Brett Favre" will be mentioned in the live broadcast. They had to say "Brett Favre" and just Brett or just Favre didn't count, but I still figured this was easy money. All they talked about throughout the Packer's playoff run was how good Aaron Rodgers was performing and how he compared to the guy who's won it for Green Bay before, the almighty Brett Favre. I was all over the over 2.5 on this prop bet. Well, when it came down to the actual game, I think they maybe mentioned Favre's name once? Not even sure if they mentioned him at all during the live broadcast...and that was a "lock".

Just something to keep in mind for a prop bet like this. Of course it still could easily go over, but if I had to choose, my money would be on under 3.5 in this type of bet. I'd say they show Peyton twice tops during the live broadcast. Good luck.

Cntpuncher
    Cntpuncher's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 610

SportsPedagogy
    SportsPedagogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 266

Quote Originally Posted by WvGambler View Post
    Someone made a similar post about Jerry Jones, when the SB was in Dallas. It was o/u 3.5 and everyone called it free money.

Jerry was shown like once, and everyone was buried....if I remember correctly.
    Exactly. This is an easy under !

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9776

don't forget al michaels and collinsworth are calling this, not aikman and that other dude

xelemental
    xelemental's Avatar Become A Pro!

Easy Under, Easy money

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Yes Peyton was at Eli's last SB All the square action at Bodog will be on the over so if you take under you're on the same side as the manager Squares don't read the terms and the terms determine everything. No halftime, no post-whistle celebration, no pre-game anything They may not even show him 2x during game play.
    "Squares" don't bet on stuff like this for more than a few bucks. You don't know what you're talking about.

gryfyn1
    gryfyn1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

what the max, I wonder if its worth it for a producer to max out on the over and and keep switching to a camera showing Peyton while the announcers awkwardly try to come up with something to say.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32279

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
    If giants score alot of points this prop goes over easily
    Exactly, Eli in trouble, about to go down, escapes a tackle, throws off his back foot in desperation, finds Manningham in the back of the end zone, TD Giants.

Camera 1 pans the crowd going nuts.
    Camera 2 pans the end zone where Manningham spikes the ball and does a Touchdown shuffle.
    Camera 3 shows the luxury suite where Archie, wife and Peyton are standing with shit eating grins high fiving.

There's one shot of Peyton right there.

Boscoe
    Boscoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 494

the ONLY thing that makes me nervous is that nbc showed jerry jones like 4 or 5 times during the giants/cowboys game earlier this year, but those were different circumstances. still...nbc may show these "how many times will so-and-so be shown" people more than fox did.

OMGRandyJackson
    OMGRandyJackson's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4054

Quote Originally Posted by hels View Post
    And the award for dumbest post of the day
    He is actually correct. A 3 second delay is technically NOT live tv.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32279

Quote Originally Posted by OMGRandyJackson View Post
    He is actually correct. A 3 second delay is technically NOT live tv.
    I know, ever notice when you are watching, say, ESPN game track, they show the score like 4 or 5 seconds before the player on TV makes the shot.

OMGRandyJackson
    OMGRandyJackson's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4054

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    I know, ever notice when you are watching, say, ESPN game track, they show the score like 4 or 5 seconds before the player on TV makes the shot.
    Yea exactly.

By this doesnt this bet technically go under automatically lol? Both odds are - so book will probably go with which ever pick had the least amount of money and then come up with some bullshit reason.

mathdotcom
    mathdotcom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1943

Under is the sharp play

Key is that it begins at kickoff. Will show him before that.

And it says final whistle. So if they show Peyton high fiving afterwards it doesn't count, same during SB ceremony
    Announcer "I'm sure Peyton's somewhere in the building"

I grin when I win

ttwarrior1

has to say the word peyton manning, peyton doesn't count

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29054

people never thought maybe peyton doesnt want to be seen

watching from somewhere cameras cant see him

convick
    convick's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3683

Doesn't matter if they say it 100 times warrior, Peyton is not going to be shown on live TV. That was the prop.

Jaug
    1 in 2.7 mill
    Jaug's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2977

0 times so far if im not mistaken

ttwarrior1

dsi had a prop how many times mentioned also

probaly couldn't get a ticket , be on jets soon

First 123 Last