SportsPedagogy
    SportsPedagogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 266

Anybody upset with how these two teams got into the Super Bowl ?

Both very good teams, but you have to feel like they did not earn their way in as much as the 49ers and Ravens blew it.

Ravens drove all the way down the field, set up what would have been the game tying field goal.. not a 49 yarder, but rather a pretty easy chip shot. Cundiff shanks it, no overtime, Pats advance.

Giants had been struggling on offense pretty much all game. They get a break when the ball bounces off the returners leg and it gives them the ball on the 29 yard line. The game goes into overtime and the returner fumbles a punt and sets up the game winning FG. A case can be made that the special teams made that play, but it is still not as defining as an 80 yard drive to set up the win.

I realize there is going to be a giant outcry from Pats fans and Giants fans deeply upset that their teams come into question. Nobody is saying that they should not be in the Super Bowl, all i am asking is if anybody else would have preferred that the two teams who play in the Super Bowl won without a giant blunder by the other team. I feel i would be more pumped if both teams looked unstoppable going into the game.

Thoughts ?

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6892

Then Evans should have caught and held onto that strike from Joe... and the 49er's should have done something on offense after stopping the GMen in OT first time.

they didn't...

dinaro7
    super player
    dinaro7's Avatar Become A Pro!

new engand is the best team in football i like san diego chargers

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

Disappointed the Ravens didn't get in the SB.

Don't really care about the NFC.

I thought the Giants would win, but not by getting lucky.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

fine with me

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Neither Manning nor Brady played that well last week, either.

YouMama
    Losers Lose
    YouMama's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

Pat have been destroying people all year long ... G men won some lucky games and Dallas blew it more than they won it ... If the Giants dont fall down w phantom injuries on every other play wk one against the Rams and their hurry up offense, they dont even make the playoffs

john230
    john230's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by YouMama View Post
    Pat have been destroying people all year long ... G men won some lucky games and Dallas blew it more than they won it ... If the Giants dont fall down w phantom injuries on every other play wk one against the Rams and their hurry up offense, they dont even make the playoffs

Think it's a coin flip proposition. However, the Giants did beat NE 24-21 on the road, and NE had a weak schedule.

SportsPedagogy

Quote Originally Posted by ThaTopMoron View Post
    Then Evans should have caught and held onto that strike from Joe... and the 49er's should have done something on offense after stopping the GMen in OT first time.

they didn't...
    The defender knocked the ball out though. If they up by 4+ and needed a touchdown and that was the last play of the game, i would be okay with that.

SportsPedagogy

Quote Originally Posted by john230 View Post

Think it's a coin flip proposition. However, the Giants did beat NE 24-21 on the road, and NE had a weak schedule.
    They did gain 20 yards on a kinda controversial (Unless you're a giants fan) Pass interference call. Put them at the 1 yard line.

YouMama
    Losers Lose
    YouMama's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

The only difference between the Giants and Pats schedules are 2 games/teams ... giants had to play SF NO and GB ... NE played Pit, everything else is comperable .500 teams or worse

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1830

Should be called the Undeserving Super Bowl, can't remember the last time BOTH teams lucked in to make it.

NFL is very happy with it, it's what they wanted once the Packers lost.

In reality it's a boring game in a boring stadium unless you have a lot of money on it.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

yes agree, sad both teams choked in same week

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

[QUOTE=yisman;13496911]Neither Manning nor Brady played that well last week, either.[/QUOTE

i have never thought very highly of Eli Manning but last Sunday he won my respect for sure.

That was one hell of an effort he gave last week. He really showed that he is tough as nails. Very gutsy performance.

SportsPedagogy

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post

i have never thought very highly of Eli Manning but last Sunday he won my respect for sure.

That was one hell of an effort he gave last week. He really showed that he is tough as nails. Very gutsy performance.
    Did Tebow win your respect ? He got killed by NE and kept playing ? How about Romo vs the 49ers with a punctured lung ? Or Vick in most of his games. IDK man, i just think there are alot of QB's who find themselves in bad spots and keep playing.
    Last edited by SportsPedagogy; 01-29-12 at 11:32 AM.

jollyoscars
    jollyoscars's Avatar Become A Pro!

neither are deserving

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4639

Nope. I'm all good with match-up.

late4thegame
    late4thegame's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 498

I'm fine with it.

Last time I checked, the teams that score the most points win and move on. NE and the Giants scored more than their opponents, bottom line. Besides how can anyone feel bad for the Ravens...they crapped their drawers last year, up 21-7 on the Steelers. Flacco didn't get it done last year and he didn't get it done this year, irregardless of the missed fg. He (they) had ther chances and blew it. Two golden opporturnities handed to them. Why should anyone "feel" that they should be in the SB...gotta earn that right.

And the 49'ers......they should be thankfull that they got to play the Giants after the Saints handed them 5 turnovers. Great season for them, give them props but they didn't get the job done either.
    Last edited by late4thegame; 01-29-12 at 11:52 AM.

muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by late4thegame View Post
    I'm fine with it.

Last time I checked, the teams that score the most points win and move on. NE and the Giants scored more than their opponents, bottom line.
    BINGO

There are single moments in any close game where the losing side can focus on and look for easy blame.

SportsPedagogy

Quote Originally Posted by muldoon View Post

BINGO

There are single moments in any close game where the losing side can focus on and look for easy blame.
    I am not saying they dont deserve to be there, I am just saying i would rather the Conference Championship games have been more definitive wins.

Hurls
    Hurls's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 663

whether they deserve it or not is all an opinion, because the ravens aren't really that good and if they couldnt beat the Pats with the horrible game that Brady had than how do they deserve anything other than a plane ride home? If anything SF is more deserving than the Gmen

late4thegame

Quote Originally Posted by SportsPedagogy View Post
    I am not saying they dont deserve to be there, I am just saying i would rather the Conference Championship games have been more definitive wins.
    I think I understand where you're coming from. However, just because they weren't definitive wins (remember this is a league of parity), doesn't mean that the SB can't be an exciting, thrilling close game by two teams that earned the right to be there. Personally, I think NE vs NY (with 2 great QB) will be a mucher better game than Sf and the Ravens would of ever gave us. JMHO

SportsPedagogy

I think I understand where you're coming from. However, just because they weren't definitive wins (remember this is a league of parity), doesn't mean that the SB can't be an exciting, thrilling close game by two teams that earned the right to be there. Personally, I think NE vs NY (with 2 great QB) will be a mucher better game than Sf and the Ravens would of ever gave us. JMHO
    I agree with you. I think this is the best possible match up ... Maybe Pats offense Vs 49ers defense would have been in interesting matchup too. I am just upset they limped into the Super Bowl. I wish they would have WON the games as opposed to capitalizing on a last second mistake by the other team.

late4thegame

I agree with you. I think this is the best possible match up ... Maybe Pats offense Vs 49ers defense would have been in interesting matchup too. I am just upset they limped into the Super Bowl. I wish they would have WON the games as opposed to capitalizing on a last second mistake by the other team.
    I respectfully disagree that they did not WIN the game. If those mistakes were made earlier in each game, and points were scored off of them (or not scored in the case of this missed fg), would they have WON the game then?

History will tell us that NE and NY WON their games, not that Balt and SF LOST their games. In any sport, at every level mistakes are made and teams capitalize to WIN championships. These games are no different.
    Last edited by late4thegame; 01-29-12 at 12:40 PM.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1830

I respectfully disagree that they did not WIN the game. If those mistakes were made earlier in each game, and points were scored off of them, would they WON the game then?

History will tell us that NE and NY WON their games, not that Balt and SF LOST their games. In any sport, at every level mistakes are made and teams capitalize to WIN championships. These games are no different.
    More people remember Buckner and Red Sox LOST the WS, Mets are almost an afterthought.

More people remember Bartman/Alou/Cubs LOST then whoever won that Series.

bruceBRUCEbruce
    bruceBRUCEbruce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1959

I am just saying i would rather the Conference Championship games have been more definitive wins.
    -this is most confusing-

SteveRyan
    SteveRyan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2995

.... I am just upset they limped into the Super Bowl. I wish they would have WON the games as opposed to capitalizing on a last second mistake by the other team.
    You cant credit it to the performance of just one game. Yes, both of those games sucked, but NE and NY played well throughout the season. You have to give credit to those performances up to this point.

The both deserve to be there.

late4thegame

Let's not forget that NE played WELL ENOUGH to force the Ravens to tie THEM....they didn't.

Let's not forget that while SF fumbled, NY SCORED (and capitalized; their kicker didn't choke) and didn't give the ball back....they did their job and put 3 more on the board.

So yes, both teams WON and DESERVE to be in the SB. I don't understand anything else, sorry.

late4thegame

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    More people remember Buckner and Red Sox LOST the WS, Mets are almost an afterthought.
    An afterthought perhaps, but try to tell that to Mets fans. History will always show that the METS WON the World Series.

kramerthekid
    kramerthekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 501

How do the Giants not deserve it? They won 2 ROAD games against the two strongest teams in the NFC. The Pats were the one seed in the AFC so saying they don't deserve it is just out of the question.

Naz18
    Naz18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1940

Pats won a bunch of tough games last regular season and got bounced in their first game....this year it's the opposite...

VTranX
    VTranX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 314

Pats D stepped up when it counted when Tom Brady was struggling, they earned it. IDK about the Giants tho.

p19101
    Giants!
    p19101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

So many crybabies

Bet they cry some more after the Giants win the SB

kramerthekid
    kramerthekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 501

Giants finished the Regular Season 9-7 this year. Packers last year were 10-6 going into the playoffs. Did anybody say they didn't deserve it? Everyone just hates the Giants because they get hot when it counts.

p19101
    Giants!
    p19101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Quote Originally Posted by kramerthekid View Post
    Giants finished the Regular Season 9-7 this year. Packers last year were 10-6 going into the playoffs. Did anybody say they didn't deserve it? Everyone just hates the Giants because they get hot when it counts.
    Wrong, everybody here hates the Giants because they tried to fade them during the playoffs

12 Last