TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Discussion - Which Side "Public" Will Be On For Super Bowl - No Mickey Mouse Talk

I'm still fuming about San Francisco. The Punt Returner getting death threats etc... he should be. They teach you in pee wee football... if you are having issues about catching the damn ball... GET AWAY FROM IT! Motha Fu#$er cost me 2k. And every time he had room to run... he called for the fair catch??? Tell me he didn't receive an envelope from Vegas? Conspiracy? Damn right. Anyways... F it. I'm over it.

I want to talk about "PUBLIC" for a second... The last time the line was a -3 in the Super Bowl... was when Seattle took on Pittsburgh -3 in Detroit. Such a slight ML at -150. Leaving you with Seattle at +130. It's almost the same technique for New England and the Giants. Thus... who's really the favorite?

My buddy was at Ford Field for that Super Bowl match up. He said... you aren't going to believe it... but it's a Pittsburgh crowd... no one is really chanting or applauding Seattle. I said... well don't you think Seattle is the Underdog? But why did Vegas let Pittsburgh cover? If you remember correctly... Hasselbeck had a lot of calls go against him... including a few offensive holding calls. Vegas... basically let them cover.

Is everyone on the G-Men? Or is Brady still the household name?

With such a low opening line NE -3 and ML -150. What is Vegas telling us?

Will Mr. Kraft have an easy championship again?

Will the Book of Eli be rewrote?

What exactly are we going to see?

A high scoring game??? In the 60's???

I want to hammer a side... My instinct says NYG ML... Lay 4k. But... will Brady have the last laugh?

What's on your minds gang? Speak!

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

id imagine the favorite, the public loves both teams though.

Monitor-Tan
    Tony Romo of Daily Fantasy
    Monitor-Tan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 428

If you want to talk about the line itself. I think this is the books begging you to take the patriots money. With so much money on the giants future at 100-1 odds, the books need A LOT of patriots money and hedgers. It's no longer about the books making money at this point with the giants in the super bowl. It's about minimizing losses... Books are begging for Patriots money to come in, people looking for the "brady revenge factor"

Truth is, Patriots don't match up well at all against the Giants.. There's a reason why Giants beat Brady twice, once in Super Bowl AND IN Foxboro.. The 2 DEs on both sides just get a lot of rushes on Brady. Brady has been hit, sacked or rushed A LOT and there's the reason for that...

Giants are going to win this and books know it, they're just trying to minimize their losses at this point..

I wrote on the forum earlier..

Giants blow donkey balls when they are favorites,.. But when they are dogs, they bark, an they bark loud, and bite your wallet when you go against them..

As shitty as their season has been, they are 6-2 ATS this season as dogs..

Good luck and whichever side you take MS!

john230
    john230's Avatar Become A Pro!

I really do not believe that the fiix is in for NFL games like the Super Bowl. But I guess you never know. The book I use has the NE as a 2.5 fav. Think the public perception is that the Giants are the more well rounded team because their defense is better. However, like you wrote you have the Brady factor, and also revenge. I hate going against Brady, but the Giants are playing real well. It's a tough call. I really liked Pitt over Seattle, but this one I would not feel comfortable either way. Probably will play the total for some action. Good Luck.

onetrickpony
    onetrickpony's Avatar Become A Pro!

2k AIR is nothing

TheMoneyShot

Thanks MT you had a lot of good advice! I appreciate your input! Makesme feel much more secure.

Thanks John

OTP - GTFO...

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1836

Giants are a public dog.

Think LSU vs Bama

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

Quote Originally Posted by john230 View Post
    I really do not believe that the fiix is in for NFL games like the Super Bowl. But I guess you never know. The book I use has the NE as a 2.5 fav. Think the public perception is that the Giants are the more well rounded team because their defense is better. However, like you wrote you have the Brady factor, and also revenge. I hate going against Brady, but the Giants are playing real well. It's a tough call. I really liked Pitt over Seattle, but this one I would not feel comfortable either way. Probably will play the total for some action. Good Luck.
    umm...and what book would this be

k13

The funny thing is everyone was blowing the Patriots after the Broncos game and how they are going destroy the Ravens too.....

Now the opinion changed so fast....public only remember "last week"

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

pitt closed at -4. that was the most rigged game in nfl history

john230
    john230's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by raydog View Post
    umm...and what book would this be

5 dimes

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

Quote Originally Posted by john230 View Post
    5 dimes
    okay...-125 though...you can get that anywhere that has alternate lines, fwiw...gl boys...

lakerboy

steam wont win here

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    pitt closed at -4. that was the most rigged game in nfl history
    LB - I don't know what book you closed with? 5Dimes kept that game at -3 until kickoff. I refreshed so many times... I thought Pittsburgh at -3 was giving money away... but of course I was on Seattle +3.

TheMoneyShot

Currently in Vegas....

Hilton, Leroy's, Caesars, Stations all have New England -3 +100 Getting double juice on NYG +3??? Is the NE -3 a sucker bet??? Or do they know that NE will cover???

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Currently in Vegas....

Hilton, Leroy's, Caesars, Stations all have New England -3 +100 Getting double juice on NYG +3??? Is the NE -3 a sucker bet??? Or do they know that NE will cover???

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Giants are a public dog.

Think LSU vs Bama
    Valid Point. It shouldn't be this confusing... but it's getting that way.

onetrickpony

i love retards who think just because its a big game u need to lay 4k, u have no edge in this game its a coinflip, but let me help u out scooter, buy giants to +4.5

TheMoneyShot

Edge? It's called gambling... you bet... to bet. So get your air bets out of here. You make no sense... and you are a pathetic poster.

onetrickpony

Edge? It's called gambling... you bet... to bet. So get your air bets out of here. You make no sense... and you are a pathetic poster.
    ur a hamburger, ur prob betting with mommy n daddies money so win or lose it dont matter

fuking dart thrower, why u need discussion then just flip a fuking coin and put 4k on it

HauntingTheHoly
    HauntingTheHoly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 483

Quote Originally Posted by onetrickpony View Post
    ur a hamburger, ur prob betting with mommy n daddies money so win or lose it dont matter

fuking dart thrower, why u need discussion then just flip a fuking coin and put 4k on it

TR88
    TR88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thanks MT you had a lot of good advice! I appreciate your input! Makesme feel much more secure.

Thanks John

OTP - GTFO...
    otp aka osi top 3 worst posters at sbr

LVHerbie
    LVHerbie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1973

Quote Originally Posted by Monitor-Tan View Post
    If you want to talk about the line itself. I think this is the books begging you to take the patriots money. With so much money on the giants future at 100-1 odds, the books need A LOT of patriots money and hedgers. It's no longer about the books making money at this point with the giants in the super bowl. It's about minimizing losses... Books are begging for Patriots money to come in, people looking for the "brady revenge factor"
    The handle on the Superbowl dwarfs the handle on futures...

While some books might have an overly exposed position on the New York futures (many books probably don't have one at all) and might try and balance off somewhat I can't believe that this would be the norm as an over-adjustment would likely lead to be exposure on the opposite side...

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

I bought the Giants to +13.5 at -450

Allure
    Allure's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15121

Is that you in your avatar?

k13

Quote Originally Posted by eidolon View Post
    I still would not feel safe with that.

Thehusker
    Thehusker's Avatar Become A Pro!

Giants

odog11
    It aint easy being greasy.
    odog11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3197

Public on the Giants, more degenerates from NY and they are the "hot" team. Taking the Patriots on the ML or anything worse than -2.5 -110 isn't very appetizing either.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Public will be on Giants because of what happened during the regular season, how "hot" they are and the fact that it's a NY team.

Oddsmakers can't do a whole lot with this line because the Giants have already won by 9 in Foxborough this year. It's hard enough to make the Pats -3 on a neutral field given that result.

Giants are more balanced and present problems up front. Pats' D is suspect. You could definitely argue the Giants are the better overall team, but it comes down to whether you're comfortable betting against Brady given all of the circumstances and revenge angles. I don't have the stomach for that.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by eidolon View Post

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

I think it will be the pats

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Tis is an absolute no brainer. The line is going to remain at Pats -3. It will not change. The books will make their money on their sucker prop plays, like they alwasy do in these games. The vig in vegas is from +100 to -115, but the line at every book in town is Pats -3.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Tis is an absolute no brainer. The line is going to remain at Pats -3. It will not change. The books will make their money on their sucker prop plays, like they alwasy do in these games. The vig in vegas is from +100 to -115, but the line at every book in town is Pats -3.
    hes right, barring brady or manning breaking a leg before the game, ull see 3 from here on out. vegas will win on the game because of the coinflip, lenght of the national anthem etc. scratch that they wont. needs to be in a boxscore to be legal in vegas. they still win on the brady yds, and shit like that. if they move off 3 they risk getting middled in the biggest game of the year.

CarpeDime
    CarpeDime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1005

it appears the early public money was all Giants, and in my interview with Doc yesterday, he says he expects to need the Pats big by kickoff:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VqYtfaUtwAI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

SteveRyan
    SteveRyan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2995

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Its already hit -2.5 at MGM and probably a couple other places in town.

12 Last