milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

don't overthink the super bowl people

patriots points scored this year 513
    patriots points allowed 342

giants points scored 394
    giants points allowed 400

so the patriots outscored their opponents by an average of 32-21 while the giants were outscored!

and these same patriots are only favored by -3 +105??!!

TAKE THE PATRIOTS
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Jonah, and dynamite140

warriorfan707
    SBR Poster of the Milennium
    warriorfan707's Avatar Become A Pro!

agreed 100%

warriorfan707

Plus the revenge factor

No way Giants do it to the Pats twice as underdogs

Not a chance in hell

Slam NE

Iced
    Iced's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Warriorfan don't mush the Pats pal, just stay out of this. No more predictions from you for a month after that disastrous 9ers prediction.

warriorfan707

Sure but lets dismiss the Niners ML against the Saints prediction

And the fact the Niners should have beat the Giants

you donkeys never cease to amaze me

konck
    Listen the toilet is flushing
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2311

Name a team the pats beat that had a winning record except for the Ravens lol

Iced
    Iced's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by konck View Post
    Name how that's relevant you dumb fuk.

Such an arbitrarily retarded statistic.

onetrickpony
    onetrickpony's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan707 View Post
    Sure but lets dismiss the Niners ML against the Saints prediction And the fact the Niners should have beat the Giants you donkeys never cease to amaze me
    stfu dipshit, u cant pick games to save ur sorry azz life son, keep banging trannies pal best of both worlds

vyomguy
    vyomguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

It doesn't matter in 1 game situation....just ask the 2007 giants who won as 14 point underdogs...nobody gave giants a shot in that game.

So patriots beating giants this year is far more realistic.

milwaukee mike

so you're going to punish them for beating a bunch of 8-8 teams? and you're going to punish the patriots for earning a bye week so they had to play one less team with a winning record? those 8-8 teams would've had winning records if you exclude the patriots game

i guess winning at philly by 18, at the jets by 21, and at denver by 18 aren't impressive because those teams didn't end up with a winning record

milwaukee mike

by my count the patriots won 7 games against teams that went 8-8 (so winning seasons other than the patriots game)

giants won 7 games against teams 8-8 or better, patriots won 8 games against teams 8-8 or better

giants lost by 10+ points 4 times!!
    patriots didn't lose a game by more than 8 points

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9752

giants beat the patriots without nicks,5 defenders and bradshaw in week 9

this is not the sameteam

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post

this is not the sameteam
    so you're hanging your hat on a game in which the giants were outgained by the patriots by 77 yards (157 yards before the final drive), got 4 turnovers, and still needed a miracle drive with a long pass interference and a td with 15 seconds left to win?

good luck with that, if you think the patriots are turning the ball over 4 times again
    Last edited by milwaukee mike; 01-23-12 at 04:51 PM.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I think I am pounding the Giants
    Too good of an all around team

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

why are you looking at the over-all numbers for the giants? This is a very very square thing to do, and this is coming from a square.

The giants are in the super-bowl because they got hot at the right time, look at their offense and defense numbers over the last month. There defense with there front four is right up there with any defense in the NFC in that time span. Not only that victor cruz and eli manning are something else.

To beat brady you must pressure him. giants can do that, and they can score with them too. eli manning has proven time and time again he is clutch.

i have said since the playoffs started giants would be in the super-bowl, no reason to get off of them now.

giants win in a last second field goal.

Jonny Fairplay
    Jonny Fairplay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post

this is not the sameteam

Yeah it's not like the Patriots have had any injuries or are even the same team that they were in week 9

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6858

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post

giants points scored 394

so the patriots outscored their opponents by an average of 32-21 while the giants were outscored!

TAKE THE PATRIOTS
    i know to not listen to you from now on

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by neverstoppers23 View Post
    why are you looking at the over-all numbers for the giants? This is a very very square thing to do, and this is coming from a square.

The giants are in the super-bowl because they got hot at the right time, look at their offense and defense numbers over the last month. There defense with there front four is right up there with any defense in the NFC in that time span. Not only that victor cruz and eli manning are something else.

To beat brady you must pressure him. giants can do that, and they can score with them too. eli manning has proven time and time again he is clutch.

i have said since the playoffs started giants would be in the super-bowl, no reason to get off of them now.

giants win in a last second field goal.
    i think the giants got lucky at the right time more than they got hot.
    outgained the 49ers by a whopping 24 yards and only won because of 2 fumbled punts.

outgained the packers by a whopping 32 yards and got 3 fumble recoveries, a hail mary reception, and a ton of dropped passes.

switch the turnovers around and either game goes the other way.

i'm not sure why i would ignore the overall numbers for the season and only focus on the last couple games where the giants were very fortunate turnover-wise. i'll give them credit for destroying atlanta but everyone seems to do that in the playoffs.

TobiasFunke
    Never Nude
    TobiasFunke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 46

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post

giants points scored 394

TAKE THE PATRIOTS
    I agree I think the Pats will win, but these stats dont mean much at this point in the season. For me, it's all about momentum, and the Giants look better than those numbers would indicate.

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by TobiasFunke View Post
    I agree I think the Pats will win, but these stats dont mean much at this point in the season. For me, it's all about momentum, and the Giants look better than those numbers would indicate.
    I never understood the "momentum" argument for the super bowl.
    every team in the super bowl has won at least their last 2 games so both always have "momentum". And with 2 weeks in between games it seems silly to think good fortune/play will automatically carry over.

patriots can practice for everything the giants will try. Giants have no defense for gronkowski if his ankle is fine (looks like it will be) and hernandez no matter how hard they practice.

D3 Mighty Ducks
    D3 Mighty Ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 782

Last 5 weeks (really only the time that matters):

Giants points scored: 141

Giants points given up: 67

They've doubled the number of points scored than they have given up since their playoffs basically started back in Week 16 against the Jets.

All the momentum is with the Giants, but the Pats want revenge from 08'. Its going going to be a hell of a game. I can't see myself picking a side in this one. Most likely going to play props closer to kickoff. I actually laugh out loud when I see guess wagering thousands of dollars on a toss up game (that will most likely be fixed) 2 weeks until kickoff. Stupid rookies.

Monitor-Tan
    Tony Romo of Daily Fantasy
    Monitor-Tan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 428

Sorry but Giants win this..

Patriots don't match up well against the Giants,there's a reason why giants beat them at the superbowl and at foxboro.. It's simple match up problem..

Giants edge is a mismatch on both ends and Brady consistantly gets sacked, hit, or rushed everytime they play the Giants..

Giants +3 is a great line..

Giants may blow hard when they are favored, but when they are dogs, they bark, and they bark loud..

Monitor-Tan
    Tony Romo of Daily Fantasy
    Monitor-Tan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 428

Patriots ATS as Faves = 8-7-1

Giants ATs as Dogs = 6-2

This season

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by D3 Mighty Ducks View Post
    Last 5 weeks (really only the time that matters):

Giants points scored: 141

Giants points given up: 67

They've doubled the number of points scored than they have given up since their playoffs basically started back in Week 16 against the Jets.

All the momentum is with the Giants, but the Pats want revenge from 08'. Its going going to be a hell of a game. I can't see myself picking a side in this one. Most likely going to play props closer to kickoff. I actually laugh out loud when I see guess wagering thousands of dollars on a toss up game (that will most likely be fixed) 2 weeks until kickoff. Stupid rookies.
    just because you think it's guess wagering on a toss-up game doesn't make it so, and you can state your opinion without sounding so arrogant.
    not sure why you think I'm a stupid rookie (hopefully you were talking about other threads here) - I've been betting sports successfully for 20+ years and I'm one of the most respected guys here.

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots
    FourLengthsClear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 508

Those calculations would have been quite similar for the GB/NYG and SF/NYG matchups.

It's not a question of 'overthinking' just thinking. Both teams are playing very well and have improved in areas where they were weak during the regular season. The key to the game for me is the whether the Giants manage to get in Brady's face.

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by FourLengthsClear View Post
    Those calculations would have been quite similar for the GB/NYG and SF/NYG matchups.

It's not a question of 'overthinking' just thinking. Both teams are playing very well and have improved in areas where they were weak during the regular season. The key to the game for me is the whether the Giants manage to get in Brady's face.
    I agree. But 49ers had the 26th ranked offense, and gb high powered offense was outdoors in the cold, which slowed them down.
    pats high powered offense will be inside, I think new england just scores too much in this game for the gmen to keep up with.

but I respect everyone's opinions in this thread even if we disagree. I think the patriots win around 38-20.

Coming Back!
    Coming Back!'s Avatar Become A Pro!

Who cares how many points teams scored and when? It means less than nothing. How many points did the 07 Pats score? And they lost and they had a veteran Defense with pro bowlers everywhere.

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

More physical team wins, which means the Giants will.

warriorfan707

Quote Originally Posted by onetrickpony View Post
    stfu dipshit, u cant pick games to save ur sorry azz life son, keep banging trannies pal best of both worlds

Why is this self admitting air betting jackass still here?

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by Coming Back! View Post
    Who cares how many points teams scored and when? It means less than nothing. How many points did the 07 Pats score? And they lost and they had a veteran Defense with pro bowlers everywhere.
    so what the 2007 patriots did in one game is more relevant to handicapping this game than what the current patriots have done in 18 games?

millflavor
    millflavor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5255

those stats are meaningless... this is not the same team that won 9 games in the reg season

robinhood
    Steal from the books, give to the poor
    robinhood's Avatar Become A Pro!

The initial breakdown of this game favors the Giants. They just have better players on both sides of the ball.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1800

Giants only team in history to make the super bowl with a negative point differential.

chopperocker
    Hang on baby, cuz life's a BITCH!!!
    chopperocker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55608

Belichick/Brady Patriots since '01

117-26 SU and 81-59-3 ATS as a Fav

41-12 SU and 33-20 ATS as a Road Fav

Coughlin/Manning Giants since '06

22-18 SU and 26-13-1 ATS as a Dog

20-12 SU and 22-10 ATS as a Road Dog

impressive either way. giants most. im leaning Patriots moneyline currently.
    Last edited by chopperocker; 01-23-12 at 10:57 PM.

warriorfan707

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Giants only team in history to make the super bowl with a negative point differential.
    Giants are the only team in NFL History with the luxury of puting the ball to Kyle Williams repeatedly.

Coincidence?

1234 ... Last