k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1830

Giants should not even be in the playoffs.

demarco murray injury made that possible.

People keep saying how they are different team now...they are the same team that got spanked by the Redskins....how are they different?

Don't say injuries because everyone was playing in that game.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

anyone that thinks the giants will win the superbowl this year in this situation under these circumstances should never bet football again. this is much easier than picking gb last year, which was already a pretty easy spread because of the way the line opened. This game is gonna be a 14+ point win for the Pats.

Bellicheck does not lose to the same team in the superbowl twice. he is buried in film right now. neutralize the giants D line and you win the game. I'm pretty sure Bill is reviewing everything from last time.

fergie's balls
    fergie's balls's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 129

K13 having all kinds of hard time swallowing Eli's dick that was inserted sunday night

p19101
    Giants!
    p19101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Quote Originally Posted by fergie's balls View Post
    K13 having all kinds of hard time swallowing Eli's dick that was inserted sunday night
    Not the only one, a lot of people fading the Giants and it has cost them dearly so far. Funny part is that they wont admit it, it was all luck, every single game, yup all luck

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Giants should not even be in the playoffs.

demarco murray injury made that possible.

People keep saying how they are different team now...they are the same team that got spanked by the Redskins....how are they different?

Don't say injuries because everyone was playing in that game.
    If the sorry a$$ Philly kicker doesn't go Cundiff TWICE from short range then SF is playing wildcard weekend and has ZERO CHANCE to play for the NFC Championship. One converted 3rd down FOR THE GAME....WRs...1 catch for 3 yards TOTAL! More holes than a golf course on that team. New Orleans is prob in the SB. Ifs-ands-and-buts??

To the other guy....Belechik can study all he wants but he isn't fixing the holes on that defense. If Gronk can go then maybe they win a shootout 34-31 or something but Giants ML +135 will work for me!

whitey
    SBROdds Developer
    whitey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7175

Say what you will about the Patriots Defense. I really don't think they're that bad. They only allowed 3 teams to score over 24 points and only one over 30 this year.

NE 31 BUFF 34
    NE 20 PIT 25
    NE 34 WAS 27

For the giants to beat the patriots, they need to hold the patriots to 24 pts or less. The patriots D is what it is, it has been this all year. they're going to give up between 20 - 24 points.

When you say that if Giants put pressure on Brady they will win. That could be true, its a very effective way of shutting down a QB. But the NE offensive line has been playing lights out in the playoffs. If this continues i don't think NYG will get to Brady often. In the playoffs NE faced both Denver and Ravens which both have good pass rush and only managed to get 1 combined sack between the two.

Lets go back to the season and take a look at how the NE OL performed against the teams who were ranked in the top 10 sacks.
    DEN 0, BAL 1, MIA 1, WAS 1, NYG 2, DEN 2, DAL 3, MIA 4

Seems to me belicheck knows how to defend his QB against a team that has good pass rush. It will be a difficult task for the NYG.

HedBustah1
    HedBustah1's Avatar Become A Pro!

They scored 10 points in 5 Q's and everyone is impressed.
    How bout u don't muff punts, get stripped on another, how about if u do muff a punt and fumble another you recover it, how about you don't give up a 17 yard td pass on 3rd and 15. Get over it, ya lost

INVEGA MAN
    INVEGA MAN's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11806

New England is the most overrated team in football. Balt with their piss poor offense outplayed N.E. AND EVERYBODY KNOWS THIS

SXRD71
    SXRD71's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2932

Brady sore arm, Cronk hobbled status?

DOMINATER
    DOMINATER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1180

if you watched both games Sunday Patroits look faster they hit harder ,and will win the SuperBowl thank to Brady and the head coach.

OTL
    OTL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5277

I would have to give a slight edge to the Giants here. I just think they're a better rounded team and firing on all cylinders now. They are going to run and throw the ball on NE, and their defence will keep Brady from posting big numbers.

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Quote Originally Posted by DOMINATER View Post
    if you watched both games Sunday Patroits look faster they hit harder ,and will win the SuperBowl thank to Brady and the head coach.

Its already a little windy in San Francisco....then you add pouring rain to a grass field and it wasn't meant to be a pretty game. Lets see NEs secondary try to hang with Cruz, Nicks, and Manningham on turf and we'll see whos faster. Brady will tear it up too but NY has the better defense.

p19101
    Giants!
    p19101's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by DOMINATER View Post
    Last time I looked the head coaches were the same back in 07 and earlier this year.

Open your eyes, right now Giants is the better team on O, D and ST.

Blutarski
    Blutarski's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

I see Eli throwing all over Patriots with one or two picks that will be turned into points by Pats. Brady will be just as good with no turnovers. That will be difference in the game. Pats 31 Giants 27.

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Everyone talking about how lucky the giants are to be in this game, how about new England? Baltimore dropped a touchdown pass to win and missed a chip shot to send to OT

Not to mention playing a terrible bronco defense in the 2nd round. The giants are hot at the right time, that's what decides the game. Not meaningless stats from 10 weeks ago

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    anyone that thinks the giants will win the superbowl this year in this situation under these circumstances should never bet football again. this is much easier than picking gb last year, which was already a pretty easy spread because of the way the line opened. This game is gonna be a 14+ point win for the Pats.

Bellicheck does not lose to the same team in the superbowl twice. he is buried in film right now. neutralize the giants D line and you win the game. I'm pretty sure Bill is reviewing everything from last time.
    And I counter that anybody that thinks the Giants have no chance here should stop betting football forever. If you assume perfect conditions, and there is no reason not to on a fast turf in a dome, the Giants really have no real weaknesses right now, whereas the New England secondary can easily be exploited by Eli and the Giants' receivers. The only thing preventing this from being a slam dunk send-it-in right now on the Giants is Belichick having two weeks to prepare and his great record in same-season revenge situations. But then again, Bill almost always had clearly the better team while accumulating that great record, which is not the case here. He can game plan all he wants on neutralizing the Giants' pass rush, but that won't help if he doesn't have the players to execute the plan. Giants' ability (or lack thereof) to pressure Brady will be the deciding factor in this game.

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

LT

I feel really confident after seeing you on the giants

thanks pal

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by tony_come View Post
    LT

I feel really confident after seeing you on the giants

thanks pal
    Actually you flew over the Belichick part. One thing me and Pats backers (well two) agree on is he is dangerous with two weeks to prepare and he has shown the ability to counteract what teams did to beat them in same-season rematches (something like 28-10 ATS and much better SU, which is relevant with this small spread). Call it a heavy lean on Giants ML, if not for the Belichick factor I would have bet them by now.

TCMBob
    Whatever "JQ" isn't playin'
    TCMBob's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 240

Quote Originally Posted by konck View Post
    Name a team the pats beat that had a winning record except for the Ravens lol
    The idea the Pats only beat one team with a winning record isn't relevant, as most of those teams (San Diego, Oakland, Jets(twice), Denver, Philly, Dallas) would have had winning records if the Pats don't beat them. The Giants defense is much better now than early in the season with all the injuries, so the point they were outscored doesn't really matter.

I see the biggest issues in this game as being the Pats secondary (utilizing WR's as CB's in the nickel and dime) and coaching. Coughlin has been "fighting" for his job it seems at the end of every season for about 5 years, and Belichick is a genius sometimes.

Given the revenge factor, Brady and Belichick, the "playing for Myra Kraft", and N.E.'s ability to stop the run, I like the Pats in this one, but I'll probably stay away from the line.

On another note, I don't think either of these teams should have won their games last week, so momentum is nuetral, if it exists at all.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Vegas is just begging squares to take the Patriots -3.

Vegas taking a big position on Giants

GamblerSpirit
    TheCentaur, Spankie gone fishing :(
    GamblerSpirit's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by fergie's balls View Post
    Right on. It must suck that the so called "best team" is sitting at home, just like the other "dream team". lol The Niners have an above average defense, and a shitty offense lead by a "great" rb Gore. Nobody is scared of you guys.

Patriots are going to be defeated, you can basically count on it. Eli will win his second Superbowl ring against the elite Tom Brady in the house that his brother Peyton Manning built. This just writes itself.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

Quote Originally Posted by GamblerSpirit View Post
    Right on. It must suck that the so called "best team" is sitting at home, just like the other "dream team". lol The Niners have an above average defense, and a shitty offense lead by a "great" rb Gore. Nobody is scared of you guys.

Patriots are going to be defeated, you can basically count on it. Eli will win his second Superbowl ring against the elite Tom Brady in the house that his brother Peyton Manning built. This just writes itself.
    so if the script is writing itself why would that script have eli manning winning more super bowls than peyton?

both mannings win their first super bowl and lose their second 3-4 years later. end of story.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1830

Giants great offense scored 10 points.

Next year you won't make the playoffs and Pats win the Super Bowl.

milwaukee mike

yeah that giants team was SO much better than the 49ers that's why the giants averaged less yards per rush in the game, averaged less yards per pass in the game, and got sacked more.
    the game came down to some 3rd down conversions and some fumbles, could've gone either way and either team would get whipped by the patriots.

GamblerSpirit

Giants great offense scored 10 points.

Next year you won't make the playoffs and Pats win the Super Bowl.
    And here we are in the Superbowl. About to win that shit. Get on OUR level.

P.S. Niners suck ass. Good luck making the playoffs next year. Don't worry about the Giants.
    Last edited by GamblerSpirit; 01-25-12 at 08:31 AM.

GamblerSpirit

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    so if the script is writing itself why would that script have eli manning winning more super bowls than peyton?

both mannings win their first super bowl and lose their second 3-4 years later. end of story.
    What? Eli Manning in a position to win his second SB ring in his brother's house and against his brother's nemesis, and he will most likely win it, too. This is freaking awesome!

milwaukee mike

if he will most likely win it then why are the giants an underdog

GamblerSpirit

if he will most likely win it then why are the giants an underdog
    To have morons like you giving away your cash to bet the pats. This is the best you can come up with? The Pats are favorites, so they're going to win?

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Because of irrelevant power rankings, the Giants most likely were going to beat Green Bay and SF as well

GamblerSpirit

Simple Mike, the Packers were favorites against the Gmen in the playoffs as was the Niners in the playoffs, and the Patriots during the regular season. Did they win those games? Great job on not overthinking it, simpleton.

milwaukee mike

To have morons like you giving away your cash to bet the pats. This is the best you can come up with? The Pats are favorites, so they're going to win?
    if you weren't a giants fan how would you feel about the game? your opinion is completely un-objective and by calling me a moron you have just made yourself look even worse.

if the giants were "most likely" going to win then a wise strategy would be to borrow every dollar you can and bet it on the giants at +125 or so.

in case you didn't know, that means the patriots have a 57% chance of winning based on the middle of the money line spread.

GamblerSpirit

if you weren't a giants fan how would you feel about the game? your opinion is completely un-objective and by calling me a moron you have just made yourself look even worse.

if the giants were "most likely" going to win then a wise strategy would be to borrow every dollar you can and bet it on the giants at +125 or so.

in case you didn't know, that means the patriots have a 57% chance of winning based on the middle of the money line spread.
    My opinion is non-objective because I'm a Giants fan? Is your opinion objective because you're a non-Giants fan? So what makes the patriots so difficult to beat?

P.S. Where the hell were you these past two weeks? Many have been cashing on Giants ML all day.

P.P.S. If you're objective and SMART, you would see how the Giants just beat two top seeds in the NFC, and this team is actually healthy, and the Pats have already been beaten by us earlier this year, and Gronkowski is hurt. NOTHING is pointing towards the Pats, that's why the books are giving you money to take 'em on the spread.

milwaukee mike

based on the math, the giants should've been favored over the 49ers, i was one of the first to say that
    http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2...ld-be-favored/

milwaukee mike

My opinion is non-objective because I'm a Giants fan? Is your opinion objective because you're a non-Giants fan? So what makes the patriots so difficult to beat?

P.S. Where the hell were you these past two weeks? Many have been cashing on Giants ML all day.
    nobody's opinion is completely objective, i agree. but by saying it is "freaking awesome" you are letting a little more emotion into your analysis than the rest of us

good to see you could post something without the name calling nonsense though, thanks.

GamblerSpirit

Me saying it's freaking awesome that Eli Manning is going to face (& beat) Peyton Manning's nemesis in Peyton's house is one of the best storylines for Superbowl week. You don't have to be a Giants fan to actually realize that. C'mon, man! Get with the program.

First 12345 Last